Our company has three shops that we would like to rent individually. We would require a strong rental agreement for these shops that abides by Indonesian law and covers all the standard legal clauses.
It would also need to have specific legal clauses that ensure the following points:
1. TENANT OBLIGATIONS
a. Tenants must pay their own electricity.
b. Tenants must keep the music in their store at such a level that it is not audible outside the store.
c. Tenants are to be mindful that there are hotel guests nearby and as such should not incite their staff, shop guests or anyone else to be disruptive.
d. Tenants must submit a general outline of what assortment of goods and/or services they will be providing in their store for approval by the company. Any changes to this assortment would need to be cleared with the company ahead of making the changes and the company reserves the right to veto such proposals.
2. TENANT RESTRICTIONS
a. Tenants only get access to the interior of their store and cannot place anything outside of this space.
b. Tenants can only operate within predefined opening hours (currently 08:00 - 22:00) that are to be decided by the company and can be subject to revision with or without the tenants approval.
3. COMPANY PROTECTION
a. In the event that the company is no longer able to provide the location no claims can be made to the company instead the company will refund the remaining time in currency value. For example:
- The tenant rents the property for 1 year at a price of IDR 100,000,000 Rp/year
- The company encounters a problem that leads to them deciding that they can no longer provide these shops to anyone after 6 months
- The company is to refund IDR 100,000,000 Rp / 365 * 182.5 to the tenant
- No additional claims can be filed by the tenant to the company e.g.: lost revenue, emotional grievance, additional work, early termination, all other claims.
Please note that there are most likely going to be anywhere from 3 to 5 more custom clauses however I have not yet formulated them as I wish to see what the initial response is on this platform.
It is essential that any applicants:
1. Can provide the contracts both in English and Indonesian.
2. Are licensed to practice law in Indonesia and formulate rental agreements.
3. Are familiar with and up to date on the most recent legislation in regards to this in Indonesia.
4. Can submit some sort of example of previous work that is similar in nature.
Looking forward to working together,