Tangiamo AB design and manufacture casino equipment. We are looking for a senior mechanical engineer to work with us in Creo Parametric 2.0. We intend to provide different engineering tasks of varying difficulty. Our goal is to increase complexity of the tasks over time and that this will turn into a long term relationship.
Knowledge of manufacturing techniques such as air bending, laser cutting, welding, riveting, punching, milling and powder coating is of essence to design parts that we can actually manufacture in a smooth way. Experience from designing in materials and techniques such as sheet metal, MDF, acrylic, glass, stainless steel, router milling, 3D printing and multi op milling is a merit.
As a first project we need assistance with converting many skeleton models into parts and those into manufacturing drawings. Please see attached zip-file with an example of a part that we could send to you and how the result would look. In this example you would then do these steps:
1. Receive skeleton model as one solid
2. Construct sheet metal parts, which includes:
* Choose how to divide the solid into subparts
* Choose where and how these parts are mounted together. For example M5 screws
* Construct parts of sheet metals
* Add threads and holes where applicable
* Remove material to make parts ligther where applicable
* No strength or FEM analysis will be required. Only use your common sense as an experienced engineer.
* Consider manufacturing cost parameters such as amount of bends, flattened material dimensions, material thickness and also ease of mounting into final assembly
3. Create manufacturing drawings for each subpart and the final assembly.
Deliverables are sheet metal parts as .prt, final assembly as .asm, manufacturing drawings as .drw, manufacturing drawings as .pdf and manufacturing solids as .stp both 3D and flattened.
During the process we will communicate feedback/questions back and forth with files and emails.
We expect that you will do all your work with a valid genuine software license for Creo Parametric. We will not provide this.
Please send your application together with examples (pictures) of relevant projects that you have done previously. Please also give a rough estimate on how many hours you believe our example (take skeleton solid to manufacturing drawing in the zip file) would take if you did this. Well, this task is already done, but it will provide us with an idea of your speed.