Essential Job Functions
• Codes, tests, debugs, implements, and documents programs. Assists in the modification of company products and/or customer/internal systems to meet the needs of the client and/or end-user.
• Gathers information from the system, analyzes program and time requirements, and prepares documentation to change existing programs.
• Researches and analyzes existing systems and program requirements, under periodic supervision.
• Designs programs for projects or enhancements to existing programs.
• Writes specifications for programs of low to moderate complexity.
• Assists in resolving production support problems. Develops and suggests alternative approaches to resolving problems.
• Develops test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs. Identifies issues as appropriate.
• Creates appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code, and technical documentation.
• Conducts quality assurance activities such as peer reviews.
• Remains abreast of and researches industry technical trends and new development to maintain current skills and remain current with industry standards.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics or related field preferred
• Three or more years of experience in programming or testing
• Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems and software
• Experience working with relational databases to facilitate programming software
• 7+ years of experience in front-end development for on-line reporting using MS Access and MS SQL Databases.
• Experience in object-oriented design and analysis.
• Extensive experience in full software development life cycle including requirements definition, prototyping, design, coding, testing and maintenance.
• Strong background in database development and proven history as a team player.
• Must be able to compile and maintain an enterprise schema across all applications and enforce the principles of good (authorized/accepted) data design.
• Design and maintain data architecture that accommodates changing business priorities and technological changes.
• The position is responsible for extensive hands-on data modeling, front-end development, data acquisition, analysis, database design as well as interfacing with internal business partners to gather, critically assess, and implement business requirements for statistics-based reporting spanning financial and project development activities.
• Expertise in planning, analysis, design, and implementation.
• Ability to handle critical data/database management initiatives - including responsibility for database architecture, design, integration, and/or data modeling.
• Incumbent will develop tests plans, procedures and data, and evaluates system, effectiveness and efficiency.
• Willingness/ability to take ownership of a project and ability to manage multiple complex exercises in various stages simultaneously.
• Languages - VBA, SQL. Tools SQL Server. Management Sudio 2005/2008/SSRS, MS Office 2010, VBA - Access & Excel.