HEVO Power is a Brooklyn based clean tech company developing wireless charging solutions for electric vehicles. We are looking to contract a mechanical engineer who will take part in designing, developing optimizing mechanical parts, enclosures and assemblies for our products. Our expectations are to bring on an experienced individual who has the skill set and proven work record to undertake new and exciting project. You must include/be able to provide your portfolio, and provide samples of your 3D design work. Must currently be located within the New York City area, we need someone that is able to come to our office 2-3 times a week to work closely over the project with.
Top Reasons to Work with Us
• Position immediately open
• Have direct influence on core aspects of our products
• Autonomy + Creativity
• Global reach with projects and customers around the world
• Collaborative small team
• Get in at the ground floor
• Can work remotely
• Design, develop and optimize mechanical parts, enclosures and assemblies for HEVO wireless charging products.
• Design CAD drawings, mechanical renderings and other relevant mechanical design content.
• Design tooling and manufacturing plans covering all aspects of mechanical design technology.
• Assist HEVO in seeking, obtaining evaluating and communicating with tooling services suppliers.
• Evaluate and oversee tooling and production of mechanical parts.
• Perform thermal, vibration and stress analysis of mechanical designs and implement subsequent design revisions and improvements.
• Ensure mechanical designs are developed and adapted with applicable automotive standards and industry standards (UL/ CSA / SAE / ISO / CE).
• Support the development of electromechanical parts.
• Assisting HEVO in coordination with the standards organizations as and when required.
• Construct and oversee technicians in construction of developed systems.
• Confer with system engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
• Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
• Provide company leadership with guidance and support for other mechanical engineering request.
• Provide company with monthly and quarterly detailed project completion reports with invoice for work performed.
• Complete and submit weekly (EOW) reports unless otherwise directed.
• Complete and submit budgets, timeliness and milestones that compliment and comply to company goals and strategies in accordance with company Objective Key Results (OKR) actions.
• Remotely attend weekly company and department Huddles as requested.
• BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 5+ years of relevant experience
• Previous technology commercialization experience
• Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD and Solid Works, or similar CAD package
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction
• Must be able to interpret engineering drawings, engineering specifications, and manufacturing requirements
• Working knowledge of engineering design and/or manufacturing assembly process is highly valued
• Experience with wireless power transfer
• Experience with automotive electronics
• Experience with battery charging technologies
Full-time Contract: Salary Negotiable based on skills & experience
Employment Opportunities Available after 3 months