You will be tasked with remastering existing textures on fully-rigged and animation ready meshes for a client whose work is viewed by millions around the world.
We have several humanoid male and female meshes that are starting to show their age now in the texture department, and would need a complete makeover and brought up to world-class standards. This job will call for one mesh to be repainted, but we would be more than willing to establish a long-term partnership with the freelancer seeking for a more stable source of work, if the job is done to a satisfactory level. You will be working on an iconic and well loved videogame character.
- Blender is essential to our pipeline and you will be working in the Blender environment for mapping the textures
- Experience in creating new specular maps for the models skins
- Experience in creating smooth looking hair textures
- Remapping UV's and normals
- Experience with Source Engine texture formats for the final export (VMT/VTF)
-Model needs facial detail sharpening around the lips, eyes, and eyebrows especially
-Model needs the hair remastered and smoothed
-Model has seams where the textures were blended improperly (areas like upper neck, thighs) - these seams will need to be smoothed
-Model needs upscaling to 2K/definition on entire nude mesh (yes even the genitals, squeamish need not apply!)
-Finger/toenails need repainting and sharpened
-Model needs bump maps created (Please no autogenerated garbage, you are expected to do it properly)
-Model needs additional detail painting on key areas such as scars, and stylized mascara/makeup
-Clothing detail will need to be brought up to standards as well
-Working closely going back and forth with the animation team and the director on a timely basis, so excellent English communication skills are essential.
Please note the model is for a fully 3D animated production (this is NOT a turntable project) so considerations will have to be made for mesh deformations and morphers. This is why you will have to work closely with us in Blender to make sure the textures are contouring properly and that there is no visible tearing.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please reply with a portfolio of your work done on 3D humanoid models, and your previous experience as a texture artist
- You will not be required to sign an NDA but due to the nature of the clients work discretion is appreciated for the duration of the project
- There is no set time limit for this project. We are only interested in the quality of end product meeting world-class standards, if it takes you a month then so be it but the end result has to reflect that.
- Payment for this project is negotiable
- Sample of the quality of work expected for final is attached below
Good luck to all freelancers! We hope to work with the winning candidate as a member of our production team on a long term basis to deliver some awesome looking content for the fans!