We need a tool to be made that works within AutoDesk Inventor and checks the current drawing document for missing dimensions and graphically shows the user which ones it found.
For example, if the overall length of the part is not dimensioned and a chamfer is not called out, the script could be run and these two missing dimensions would be listed, letting the user decide to add them or not.
This tool would need to work with primarily parts turned from round stock. This means any of the following missing callouts would need to be alerted:
* Distance to features / changes in diameter
* Hole callouts / location
* Groove widths
* ...any other dimension or feature callout that is required to make the part
We'd prefer the tool be made using iLogic so that the code can be given to us for ownership at the end of the job.
Our company struggles with documents being released with missing or unattached dimensions, and we're currently unable to hire a dedicated document checker. This is why we need the tool.
Attached is a PDF showing a typical part that we produce, for reference.
Before making a proposal, please be sure you:
* Have worked with iLogic before or have made Inventor Plugins before
* Understand the job. If you have questions, let me know.
* Are a good communicator and have a strong grasp of the English language. This is very important, as communication on this project will be critical.