How to hire astrologers
Looking for a professional horoscope? Or perhaps you run a blog and need writers who can help you with your astrological advice column? From cardinal signs to natal charts, an astrologer can help you divine insights and inspiration from the stars.
So how do you hire astrologers? What follows are some tips for finding top astrologers on Upwork.
How to shortlist astrology professionals
As you’re browsing available astrology consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the contractors you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Communication. You want an astrologer who is easy to talk to, listens well, and in the case of content creation, can write with the tone and voice of an astrologer.
- Astrological tradition. There’s a big difference between the Western, Chinese, and Vedic zodiacs; pick the one that best suits your needs.
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular astrologer.
How to write an effective astrology job post
With a clear picture of your ideal astrologer in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective astrology job post should include:
- Scope of work: From reading charts to writing horoscopes, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience working with certain astrological disciplines, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to launch that astrology blog? Log in and post your astrology job on Upwork today.
What is astrology?
Astrology is the practice of divining information about human affairs and the natural world from the relative positions of stars, planets, and other celestial objects. Astrology is an ancient tradition that stretches back at least as far as the second millennium BCE.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in astrology professionals:
- Horoscopes, natal charts, and other astrology tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Preferred astrological tradition (e.g., Chinese, Indian/Vedic, Western)
Why hire astrologers?
The trick to finding top astrologers is to identify your needs. Are you looking for a professional reading of your natal chart? Or is your goal to hire writers to cover daily horoscopes for each of the cardinal signs? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How much does it cost to hire an astrologist?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced astrologist may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their astrology services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.