How to hire crowdfunding specialists
Do you have a new business or product idea but aren’t ready to pursue formal investment channels? Why not raise capital from the crowd? If you’re looking for a contractor who can help you run a crowdfunding campaign on sites such as Kickstarter, Fundable, and Indiegogo, a crowdfunding specialist can help.
So how do you hire crowdfunding specialists? What follows are some tips for finding top crowdfunding specialists on Upwork.
How to shortlist crowdfunding professionals
As you’re browsing available crowdfunding consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the contractors you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Industry fit. You want a crowdfunding specialist who understands your target market so they can build you a crowdfunding campaign that will resonate with your audience.
- Project experience. Screen candidate profiles for specific skills and experience (e.g., launching a crowdfunding campaign with Kickstarter).
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular crowdfunding specialist.
How to write an effective crowdfunding job post
With a clear picture of your ideal crowdfunding specialist in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective crowdfunding job post should include:
- Scope of work: From running your crowdfunding campaign to handling PPC (pay-per-click) ads, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, software, or marketing channels, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to raise capital through the collective effort of the masses? Log in and post your crowdfunding job on Upwork today.
CROWDFUNDING SPECIALISTS FAQ
What is crowdfunding?
Crowdfunding is the practice of leveraging the public to fund projects, products, and start-up ventures. A crowdfunding specialist can help you set up an account on a major crowdfunding platform and build a conversion funnel around your campaign through traditional digital marketing tactics such as social media shares, email lists, and content creation.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in crowdfunding professionals:
- Digital marketing
- Content creation
- Social media
- Email list building
Why hire crowdfunding specialists?
The trick to finding top crowdfunding specialists is to identify your needs. Which crowdfunding platform (e.g., Kickstarter, Indiegogo, Experiment) will you be using to raise capital? Will your crowdfunding specialist also need copywriting skills to write the copy that will turn leads into investments? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How much does it cost to hire a crowdfunding specialist?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced crowdfunding specialist may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their crowdfunding services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.