How to hire Actions on Google specialists
From marking up FAQ content with schema types to optimize it for Google Assistant to building an interactive voice-powered how-to guide for your IoT devices, Actions on Google specialists are here to help.
So how do you hire Actions on Google specialists? What follows are some tips for finding top Actions on Google consultants on Upwork.
How to shortlist Actions on Google professionals
As you’re browsing available Actions on Google consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the professionals you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Technology fit. You want an Actions on Google specialist who understands the technologies needed to bring your voice project to life.
- Project experience. Screen candidate profiles for specific skills and experience (e.g., composing a beginner’s guide to rock climbing).
- Feedback Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular Actions on Google specialist.
How to write an effective Actions on Google job post
With a clear picture of your ideal Actions on Google specialist in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective Actions on Google job post should include:
- Scope of work: From custom voice commands to trivia games, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain technologies or developer tools, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to unlock the user-engagement potential of Google Assistant for your project? Log in and post your Action on Google job on Upwork today.
ACTIONS ON GOOGLE SPECIALISTS FAQ
What is Actions on Google?
Actions on Google is an SDK (software development kit) that allows third parties to extend the functionality of Google Assistant with custom voice commands and conversational interfaces.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in Actions on Google professionals:
- Actions on Google
- Google Assistant
- Voice search
Why hire Actions on Google specialists?
The trick to finding top Actions on Google specialists is to identify your needs. Is your goal to create an interactive trivia game for Google Assistant? Or are you trying to create a collection of Actions on Google to allow your customers to operate your smart appliances with voice commands via an Android app? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How much does it cost to hire an Actions on Google specialist?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced Actions on Google specialist may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their Actions on Google services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.