What is a landing page?
A landing page is a single web page dedicated to the promotion of a product, service, or digital asset. It sits at the bottom of the marketing funnel with the singular goal of turning visits into conversions via a call to action (CTA). You can use landing pages to boost sales for a specific product or collect emails for subscriptions to a service.
How do you hire a landing page specialist?
You can source landing page talent on Upwork by following these three steps:
- Write a project description. You’ll want to determine your scope of work and the skills and requirements you are looking for in a landing page specialist.
- Post it on Upwork. Once you’ve written a project description, post it to Upwork. Simply follow the prompts to help you input the information you collected to scope out your project.
- Shortlist and interview landing page specialists. Once the proposals start coming in, create a shortlist of the professionals you want to interview.
Of these three steps, your project description is where you will determine your scope of work and the specific type of landing page specialist you need to complete your project.
How much does it cost to hire a landing page specialist?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced landing page specialist may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their landing page services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.
How do you write a landing page job post?
Your job post is your chance to describe your project scope, budget, and talent needs. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
Job post title
Create a simple title that describes exactly what you’re looking for. The idea is to target the keywords that your ideal candidate is likely to type into a job search bar to find your project. Here are some sample landing page job post titles:
- Need a UI/UX designer to fine-tune the conversion rates of our B2B/B2C landing pages
- Need a landing page developer to whip up landing pages for informational products
- Seeking a landing page designer experienced with WordPress
An effective landing page specialist job post should include:
- Scope of work: From UI/UX design to landing page copy, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, web technologies, or design tools, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Landing page specialist job responsibilities
Here are some examples of landing page specialist job responsibilities:
- Design and set up simple landing pages for informational products using Square
- Write landing page copy
- Perform UX testing for conversion rate optimization (CRO)
Landing page specialist job requirements and qualifications
Be sure to include any requirements and qualifications you’re looking for in landing page specialists. Here are some examples:
- Landing page design
- UI/UX design