'You are a proven developer who values clean and efficient code.'
- You will pickup where a previous backend developer left off by studying and implementing our features as defined in our scope of work.
- Our web application is based on object-oriented PHP. We wish to add a module/controller to it which will handle user signups, collecting data and displaying it in the user’s profiles. We will also require a small admin back-end to be built for the purpose of viewing and editing user-submitted data.
- The user account section will consist of roughly 10 form pages. You will reuse styling from existing forms on the site in order to keep the appearance consistent. Front-end and back-end validation is required on all forms. The existing site uses the Blade template engine, please use it on the new pages as well. Experience with Blade is a plus, however it is not difficult to learn.
- Detailed designs will be sent to shortlisted candidates.
- In addition to the form pages, you will create a few basic database tables for storing user data, including login information. User passwords must be hashed, and there should be a ‘forgot your password’ option which will generate a random password and send it to the user. The database is MySQL.
- Wordpress is installed on the site, however it’s not used for this part of the application. Since the database structure was built for Wordpress, you should add your new tables to it while not modifying the existing tables.
- Experience working on backend software using modern languages and frameworks
- Strong relational database experience (MySQL)