Finder.com is looking for a writer that can tell you a story, teach you what you need to know and help you feel confident to go on and take an action. The magic is not only in a great headline but the first sentence, the subhead mid paragraph or the little call out box that explains at the right time what the reader needs to know so they can keep reading.
- Write copy that people emotionally connect with, educates them so that they feel comfortable that they can take action and make the decision they need to make on finder.com.
- Write compelling headlines that get people to click
- Peer review other copywriters’ work to improve it even more
- Connect and write to the deep emotions and feelings of a reader on the site
It is not enough to do some top level research of the reader, it is about knowing them.
- No matter what the topic, make the content piece educational, interesting and entertaining to read so that the user can make a decision and take an action.
- Write content that ranks highly in search engines and compels people to click on its headline.
- Able to write all types of content creation including: Text, Diagrams and images, Infographic, Video, Animation, Comic and Cartoon
- Know how to make a piece of content beautiful and easy to read
- Know how to dissect a topic into its granular elements and remake it into eye catching and interesting reading that viewers can’t help but read through
- Working closely with graphic designers, video producers, animators, photographers and editors
- Producing concise and accurate copy according to strict deadlines
- Researching and writing longer feature articles
- Uploading and publishing content and improvements to pages on the website
You have the following traits:
- Have the ability to write and edit compelling content about almost any topic; from frugal travel tips, to teaching someone how to refinance their mortgage, to a guide to calculating your balance transfer fee.
- A bonus would be some finance knowledge to write and create comprehensive content.
- You might not understand all of the niches of finance but you know how to make finance interesting.
- Demonstrated experience in any personal finance fields
- You know and respect the magic of a great headline and the difference it makes to readership, but you also respect content that compels you to just keep reading
- Experience writing on business and finance topics is a bonus
- Experience with direct marketing copywriting is a major bonus
- Tertiary Education in journalism, English or communications. Or you might be a self taught copywriter that has been cut from the direct marketing world. (If you are a hardcore direct marketer, please make mention of this as it will score you extra points!)
- Ability to deeply investigate topics and produce comprehensive and remarkable content pieces about them
- Keen to be part of a growing fast paced Internet publishing business
- You love creating remarkable content that people can’t help but remark to others about
- You are proactive and want to achieve
- You understand the importance of detail when it comes to writing about sensitive topics
- You are creative but understand how to drive business results
What can we provide you:
- A passionate and cool start-up culture and working environment
- An opportunity to be part of a growing Internet company looking to make waves in the United States and around the world.
- All the resources that you need to be successful and achieve amazing results
- Option of coming into the office in New York or Santa Monica.
- A steady stream of engaging, challenging and rewarding projects.
- Generous salary that reflects your individual experience and abilities.
This position is located in New York City, CA or Remote.