I’m looking for someone with excellent English language skills (native or bilingual) to copy edit and proofread my book. The book has already been through several self-editing phases.
It is a self-improvement book (approx. 46,000 words) that focuses on changing damaging habits in order to positively transform your life.
I’m looking for someone with solid editing experience and who is genuinely passionate about the self-improvement topic. Besides editing, I need valuable feedback about the content, structure, formatting and ideas in this book.
The book has a big potential and will be a great exposure for you and your work.
Main requirements related to this project:
- I am not a native English speaker, but my English is good enough. I need your help to polish the language, identify and eliminate any errors or gaps in the book, while keeping the “voice”;
- Special attention should be given to any grammatical, spelling, punctuation and phrasing mistakes;
- Ensure that the text is smooth, easy to read, understandable and the style is consistent;
- Propose rephrasing of unclear, sophisticated or inappropriate sentences;
- Identify words that are overly repeated or misused. Propose appropriate rephrasing or synonyms;
- Provide valuable suggestions regarding the overall content, structure, formatting, gaps, logical transition, message, pace, flow, etc.;
- Provide generic feedback regarding each paragraph (what is good and what is not);
- Give an honest overall feedback;
- The text should be ready for publishing;
The work should be completed by August 10th. I would like to have at least 2 revisions during this time.
Please note that the deadline and the budget are fixed.
I need someone who can work professionally and deliver this project on time while ensuring a high quality result. If you cannot guarantee the above-mentioned requirements and deadline, please do not contact me.