Ad agency has available contract opportunity for an Editor/Proofreader which starts ASAP. We produce promotional websites for major companies. You can work remotely but must be available from 9:00 to 5:00 EDT. This will be for one week possibly more starting August 29, 2016
Responsibilities of the Role Include:
• Copy edit a wide variety of promotional materials including Websites, PDFs, PSDs, and Power Point decks.
• Edit all assigned materials for accuracy, clarity, and consistency of content and format; correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
• Meet deadlines.
• Rewrite parts of text, as necessary, and query developers when unsure of intent.
• Note and question artwork, layout, and production errors when proofreading.
• Handle multiple projects playing close attention to priority and tight deadlines.
Ideal Candidates Will Have:
• B.A. degree.
• 3+ years solid copy editing experience.
• Ability to use Microsoft Word for the creation, editing, and review of documents including formatting text and tables, embedding graphics, and using tracking modes.
• Ability to use Microsoft Excel for the creation and use of spreadsheets including sorting and filtering data, using basic formulas, and creating graphs.
• Ability to use Microsoft Outlook for sending and receiving email, maintaining a work calendar, and scheduling appointments.
• Ability to use Microsoft PowerPoint for creating, editing, and viewing presentations including using slide templates, inserting graphics, and printing handouts.
• Thorough knowledge of the English language, including grammar, spelling, and punctuation rules.
• Excellent written communication skills.
• Ability to read and comprehend text rapidly and thoroughly to meet tight and oft-changing deadlines.
• Ability to understand and use editing and proofreading marks.
• Firm understanding of the editorial process; general understanding of the production process, including ability to recognize layout problems.
• Ability to apply relevant standards across a wide variety of publications.
Interested candidates please respond with your resume showing relevant experience. Thank you.