Job description can be found in the attached document for an easier read.
Experienced Health/Beverage Writer (who is very familiar with Tea) Needed for Beginner tea guide.
I’m looking for a writer who is knowledgeable about tea I need someone who can work quickly and start immediately. The writer’s first language MUST be English.
The successful candidate for this position will understand the topic at hand. In this case, Tea and will be able to provide useful, relevant, and experienced knowledge on the subject.
The book should include the following:
– A personalized tone (you and me, one-on-one, etc.)
– Magazine headline-style teasers in the TOC without giving the book away in the TOC
– The use of keywords provided in the title, subtitle, and/or description
– An introduction that excites and sells – what is the problem? What is the solution? Quantifiable and tangible solutions
– A Headline – Background – Resolution – Action Framework throughout the book
• Headline – Why you should be reading this book
• Background – What you will get out of reading this book (state the problem(s) the book will resolve
– How to conceptually solve the problem
– Providing the reader with exactly what they’re looking for (why you should be drinking more tea)
– Key takeaways at the end of every chapter and action steps at the end of the book.
– Niche research – find out what people are saying about the subject (use resources like Amazon, Steepster, popular blogs, YouTube, etc.) Know your target market and what they’re asking for.
This position will require you to:
– Create an Amazon Authors page
– Write a brief descriptions for the book following the H-B-R-A framework above
– Choose pictures for the book
– Write the book
– Format the book with pictures included, and an interactive TOC.
Below you will find a very basic outline for the book. Feel free to add chapters or consolidate them. I essentially want a book that educates beginners on tea. If this book works well, I would like to create a series of books. (History of tea, Tea ceremonies around the world, Create your own Tea blends, Kombucha…)
- What is tea?
- Six classes of tea
- Benefits of tea
- Tea leaves to tea
- Buying, storing, steeping and tasting.
This first book is a test if I like your writing style, I will hire you for future contracts. I have over 10 books that I would like to be written over the span of the next 3 months.
To apply for this position, please respond to this job description with your past work, related experience, and an explanation on why you’d be a perfect candidate for this position. Please keep in mind that grammar, spelling, and punctuation must all be reviewed before any submissions and your edited work will be expected when submitting work to me.
I don’t want to micro-manage the successful candidate so I’d like you to be able to work well on your own and use your own discretion while working.
My pricing will start with $25/1000 words written and negotiable for the right candidates. The expected delivery time for the books will be 2 weeks from the day you start. The earlier, the better.
To know that you’ve read through all of the requirements, please begin your application with the phrase, ‘Kaizen Tea. Any application without this phrase at the beginning will NOT be considered.
Thank you for reading this job description! I look forward to working with you.