Please read through this Job Post carefully and perform the necessary steps mentioned so that your application may be processed faster. Good luck, and we look forward to working with you!
Homee is reinventing the way millennials furnish their space!
Homee is a funded and fast-growing interior design technology startup, located in West Hollywood, Los Angeles. We offer free interior design services that makes furnishing the home easy and fun by using our mobile app.
The furniture market is a billion dollar business that has largely gone untouched by technology. Our app allows us to provide users with a free curated personalized living spaces by designing according to their taste and budget. The Homeeapp allows the clients to communicate with the designers comfortably via chat. We are disrupting the interior design industry by making the process of designing rooms and buying furniture hassle-free!
Culture is a huge part of the Homee team’s success. We have built an environment where each and every member of our team is contributing to the growth and development of our service and our brand. We are positive, problem solvers, adaptable to change and solution oriented! Does this sound like a team you want to grow your career with?
ABOUT THE JOB
The Graphic / Photoshop Specialist is a part-time or full-time role that will bring the Homee Designer's vision to life through the use of 2D concept boards and 3D-style renders/compositing. Watch this Lynda.com video to get a sense of the type of Photoshopping we do: https://goo.gl/Ey43Nk
The Graphic / Photoshop Specialist is expected to:
- Quickly & efficiently create render & concept board graphics incorporating realistic perspective, placement, size and composition.
- Adapt & adjust to feedback from Graphics Team Leads & Designers.
- Communicate clearly with the Designer & Graphics team.
- Work independently.
- Pay close attention to detail.
- Understand & adhere to company mandated workflows & timelines.
- Adapt to changes quickly and problem solve efficiently.
- Balance quality of work with set parameters to turn around work product.
• Outstanding working knowledge of Photoshop image manipulation and a strong sense of style with an interest in working on home design concepts according to required specifications.
• Artistic foundation demonstrating exceptional understanding of perspective and placement.
• Experience creating 3D realism renders and manipulating image files incorporating correct perspective, placement, size and composition.
• Access to reliable high speed internet, Adobe Photoshop and a computer that can handle graphics intensive work.
• Excellent communication skills including comprehension skills to demonstrate ability to work on written specifications and come up with a visual output.
• Strong organizational skills, ability to work independently and collaborate with stakeholders to ensure quality work product.
• Knowledge & expertise with Google Drive, Sheets, and Docs
• Eagerness to learn!
Nice to have’s but not required:
• Basic knowledge of interior design & furniture is preferred, demonstrating intuition on design concepts showing natural ability to understand furniture placement and scale.
• Degree or certification in 3D design, communication design, fine arts, graphic design, illustration, photography, and visual art.
• Has taken relevant subjects for graphic design works that involve visual arts (for those who graduated in other disciplines but still exhibit a strong inclination to graphics design).
• Adobe Photoshop CS4 or later preferred
- Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon 64 processor or higher
- Microsoft Windows 7 or later preferred
- Multicore Intel processor
- Apple Mac OS X 10.9 (Maverick) or later preferred
• 4 GB of RAM or higher
• 1024x768 or higher screen resolution for optimal viewing
• Latest versions of Google Chrome (preferred), Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Safari browser (Not dev/beta builds).
• Working webcam and microphone/speakers or a headset
• Wired Internet Connection with Minimum of 1.5 mbps download and 0.5 mbps upload
Work Schedule (Pacific Time Zone): Full-time
8am to 4pm PST
12noon to 8pm PST
Full-time roles include one hour paid lunch break.
Work Schedule (Pacific Time Zone): Part-time
10am to 2pm PST
2pm to 6pm PST
Rotating week-end offs.
IMPORTANT STEP: STEP 1 PRE-SCREENING
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please complete our Pre-Screen Questionnaire which also provides more information about the role at https://homee.typeform.com/to/r1N7oR
When asked for the recruiter, please select "AJ" as your recruiter so that I may be able to pick up your application swiftly.
No need to write a cover letter; just fill-up the Pre-screen Questionnaire and Accept this Upwork interview.