What is a blog writer?
A blog writer is a content professional who regularly connects with audience members through brief articles that demonstrate expertise, insight, or opinions regarding a particular topic. A blog writer should be capable of demonstrating thought leadership and sharing fresh content as part of an overall content marketing strategy designed to facilitate engagement.
How do you hire a blog writer?
You can source blog writing talent on Upwork by following these three steps:
- Write a project description. You’ll want to determine your scope of work and the skills and requirements you are looking for in a blog writer.
- Post it on Upwork. Once you’ve written a project description, post it to Upwork. Simply follow the prompts to help you input the information you collected to scope out your project.
- Shortlist and interview blog writers. Once the proposals start coming in, create a shortlist of the professionals you want to interview.
Of these three steps, your project description is where you will determine your scope of work and the specific type of blog writer you need to complete your project.
How much does it cost to hire a blog writer?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions. Learn about the cost to hire a blog writer.
How do you write a blog writer job post?
Your job post is your chance to describe your project scope, budget, and talent needs. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
Job post title
Create a simple title that describes exactly what you’re looking for. The idea is to target the keywords that your ideal candidate is likely to type into a job search bar to find your project. Here are some sample blog writing job post titles:
- Need knowledgeable writer for weekly financial services blog
- Creative and quirky writer needed to capture my personality in weekly blog
- Technical writer needed to develop blog on using blockchain technology
An effective blog writer job post should include:
- Scope of work: From conceptualizing topics to writing in a desired voice, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, languages, or consumer or B2B audiences, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Blog writer job responsibilities
Here are some examples of blog writing job responsibilities:
- Research and investigate topics in order to deliver informative blog entries
- Self-editing and proper punctuation
- Interviewing subject matter experts and incorporating their expertise into final deliverable
Blog writer job requirements and qualifications
Be sure to include any requirements and qualifications you’re looking for in a blog writer. Here are some examples:
- English or journalism degree
- Ability understand and write about complex topics in a way that readers can understand
- Mastery of written English or any other designed language
- Ability to complete and deliver all projects by due date