How to hire essay writers
It takes a certain amount of skill to write a compelling academic paper, dissertation, or composition. If you’re looking for a freelancer who can turn your ideas into an essay, an essay writer can help.
So how do you find an essay writer? What follows are some tips on how you can find top essay writers on Upwork.
What is an essay?
An essay is simply a short literary composition covering a certain theme or subject. From narrative essays designed to tell a compelling story to descriptive essays painting a picture of a scene or theme, to persuasive essays designed to argue in favor of a certain argument, an essay writer can turn your thoughts into compelling academic prose.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in essay writing freelancers:
- Academic writing and editing
- Solid understanding of style guides, grammar, and punctuation
- Subject matter expertise
- Attention to detail
Essay writing consultants can help you transform your thoughts and ideas into an essay.
How to shortlist essay writing freelancers
As you’re browsing available essay writing consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the freelancers you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Subject matter fit. You want an essay writer who understands the subject you wish them to write about.
- Portfolio. Nothing like past work to tip you off to a highly skilled essay writer.
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular essay writer.
Why do you want to hire essay writers?
The trick to finding top essay writers is to identify your needs. Is this an academic paper or dissertation? Or do you simply wish to better present your ideas on a personal blog? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work, and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How to write an effective essay writing job post
With a clear picture of your ideal essay writer in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would with employment, aim to provide enough detail for a freelancer to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective essay writing job post should include:
- Scope of work: From dissertations to persuasive essays list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience working with certain file formats or style guides, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to turn your ideas into an essay? Log in and post your essay writing job on Upwork today.