What is LearnDash?
LearnDash is a premium WordPress plugin for building online courses. The plugin lets you create branded learning portals, build courses, and craft quizzes with a simple drag-and-drop user interface.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in LearnDash professionals:
- Web design and development
- Instructional design
Why do you want to hire LearnDash specialists?
The trick to finding top LearnDash specialists is to identify your needs. Will you be building an online course from scratch? Or will you be extending the functionality of your LearnDash-powered website with third-party integrations such as Mailchimp? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
HOW TO HIRE LEARNDASH SPECIALISTS
LearnDash makes it easier for nondevelopers to build their own online course websites through WordPress. A LearnDash specialist can help you take your online course to the next level through custom APIs, third-party integrations, and styles.
So how do you hire LearnDash specialists? What follows are some tips for finding top LearnDash specialists on Upwork.
How to shortlist LearnDash professionals
As you’re browsing available LearnDash consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the professionals you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Industry fit. You want a LearnDash specialist who understands your target audience so they can help you design a course experience that will resonate with your students.
- Project experience. Screen candidate profiles for specific skills and experience (e.g., using Zapier to streamline app integrations).
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular LearnDash specialist.
How to write an effective LearnDash job post
With a clear picture of your ideal LearnDash specialist in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a freelancer to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective LearnDash job post should include:
- Scope of work: From designing content layouts to coding custom APIs, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain instructional design principles or web technologies, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to build an online course in WordPress that you can truly call your own? Log in and post your LearnDash job on Upwork today.
FAQS FOR HIRING LEARNDASH SPECIALISTS
How much does it cost to hire a LearnDash specialist?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced LearnDash specialist may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver a higher-quality product.
- A freelancer who is still in the process of building a client base may price their LearnDash services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.
How long should you contract a LearnDash specialist to complete your project?
As difficult as it is to estimate how long you will need a LearnDash specialist, budgeting time is very important to keeping your project on track.
Be prepared to budget more time for more-demanding LearnDash projects. For example, syncing your LearnDash-powered website with a 2Checkout payment gateway will typically take less time than building and designing an online course from scratch.
What are the steps involved to hire LearnDash specialists?
Here’s how to hire LearnDash consultants in four simple steps:
- Identify your project needs, whether it’s third-party integrations or course design.
- Define the scope of work and write a detailed job post. Be specific about deliverables (e.g., designing the aesthetics and layout for an online cooking course).
- Review proposals and shortlist potential LearnDash specialists for unique skills needed to bring your project to life (e.g., using ActiveCampaign automation tags with LearnDash’s AM360 integration).
- Interview LearnDash talent to gauge whether they’re the right fit for your project. Here are some sample interview questions.