– Native English
– Interested in potential longer term writing assignment
– Articles must be 100% original
– You know how to read scientific papers, studies and put it into context
– Include examples of your previous written articles in your application (we prefer articles related to health and fitness if you have any)
– It’s not required that you have a background in the health and fitness industry. However, it is preferred.
- Complete one article/week
$100/1000-2000+ words article
You will research and write articles for a fitness blog which is targeting fitness enthusiasts. The topics range everything from muscle building and fat burning to how you can increase performance and recovery as a professional athlete. Everything related to fitness and health. The articles will require a lot of research, and that’s why the payment is a fixed price for 1000-2000 words. Because you will spend most of your time researching the assigned topic. We don’t want any fluff/filler text in the articles just to reach a certain number of words.
Some articles will have more specific instructions than others. Sometimes we will just give you a topic to write about, and you choose where you want to take it depending on the research you find. Other times we will be more specific and give certain details on what we want you to include in the article.
We also want you to give feedback on the research you find and make suggestions to make the article even better. For example, you might find that there’s a lot of information about a certain topic and think that the article needs to be divided into two parts (2x2000+ words articles) to cover all the important and relevant information. You might also find interesting information about related things that should have its own attention in a separate article.
The tone of the article should be as if you are speaking to a friend with enthusiasm.
The majority of the information in the article should come from studies or scientific research. This means you will need to do a lot of research before writing the article. The article will require 100% accurate information.
It's also very important that you are critical when analyzing the information. So for example, if the study had 3 participants and no control group, the result should be taken with a grain of salt. However, if the study had 3000 participants and was double-blinded with a placebo group or if ten different studies show the same result than that result can be taken more seriously.
Things are very rarely black and white. Viewing the information from different perspectives is very important.
However, if you include information that can't be backed up by studies, I want you to make that very clear in the article so that the reader knows how seriously they should take the information. You can use information that is coming from an expert in the fielded who has some authority, but it still needs to be backed up by several resources.
It should always be very clear where the information is coming from. This means I will need you to link to all studies and resources you are referring to within the article.
I also want you to post all resources you have used but not referred to at the end of the article for me to see. (i.e. regular websites you have used to track down studies that can validate the information)
Remember, scientific research and high-quality studies are always the best resources.
Another important thing to note is that even if most of the articles will be based on science and studies, it’s important that your writing style is engaging and connects with the reader. The information in the articles should not sound like a scientific paper.
What we expect from your articles:
1. The content is well-researched and planned out
2. Adds value to the reader
3. The content is easily consumable
* Easy to read
* Shouldn't be overly complicated or challenging to read
* Written in easy to understand English
* The information is presented in an easily consumable way
4. The content has proper grammar, spelling, and formatting (The formatting should be attractive)
5. It’s clear and concise
6. You use metaphors and examples so the reader can easily understand the concept
7. You are Genuine, authentic, refreshingly real, transparent, and unbiased
8. The content meet needs and solves problems
9. It builds rapport and connects
10. It’s Emotionally engaging
(Number 7 is very important)
Do not apply for this job if you don’t know how to do accurate research and how to read scientific studies. Because it’s very easy to misinterpret the information from a study and give out false information to the reader. The newspapers are usually very good at this.
Start the application with the word “Fitness” if you have read and understood the job description.