How to hire leadership training specialists
From learning specific project management methodologies to developing people skills such as listening, motivational speaking, and negotiation, leadership training specialists are here to help.
So how do you hire leadership training specialists? What follows are some tips for finding top leadership training specialists on Upwork.
How to shortlist leadership training professionals
As you’re browsing available leadership training consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the professionals you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Industry fit. You want a leadership training specialist who understands the nuances of leading a team in your industry so they can relate to your participants.
- Project experience. Screen candidate profiles for specific skills and experience (e.g., a PMP certification to help train your project managers for the PMP exam).
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular leadership training specialist.
How to write an effective leadership training job post
With a clear picture of your ideal leadership training specialist in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective leadership training job post should include:
- Scope of work: From hosting seminars to creating leadership training materials, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, project management methodologies, or certifications, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to level up your leadership team? Log in and post your leadership training job on Upwork today.
LEADERSHIP TRAINING SPECIALISTS FAQ
What is leadership training?
Leadership training is the process of using presentations, workshops, and seminars to help people develop the soft skills they need to become better leaders. Leadership training specialists are typically individuals who have had a long run as industry leaders.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in leadership training professionals:
- Leadership training
- Instructional design
- Curriculum development
- Business consulting
Why do you want to hire leadership training specialists?
The trick to finding top leadership training specialists is to identify your needs. Is your goal to find someone to work closely with your management team to design a training course to help onboard managers? Or are you seeking a seasoned industry leader to host a seminar at your organization for the personal growth of your executive team?
The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How much does it cost to hire a leadership training specialist?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced leadership training specialist may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their leadership training services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.