How to hire technical recruiters
How to shortlist technical recruiting professionals
- Industry fit. You want a technical recruiter who understands your industry so they will know which skills, tools, and technologies to look for when screening talent.
- Project experience. Screen candidate profiles for specific skills and experience (e.g., sourcing DevOps engineers).
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular technical recruiter.
How to write an effective technical recruiter job post
- Scope of work: From writing job posts to conducting interviews, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries or collaborative tools, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
TECHNICAL RECRUITERS FAQ
What is technical recruiting?
- Technical recruiting
- Human resources
- Strong communication skills (e.g., interpersonal, phone, email, teleconference)
Why do you want to hire technical recruiters?
How much does it cost to hire a technical recruiter?
- An experienced technical recruiter may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their technical recruiting services more competitively.