We are a Los Angeles, CA based pet product company who sources products from Wenzhou and Dongguan, China. Three times a year our Design team travels to Wenzhou and Dongguan to design products and visit the warehouse. Part of your job will be to assist the Design team in Wenzhou and Dongguan during this time. You will be part of the start to finish on all products, which include making sure that standards are met on products throughout the process of design and reporting back to the LA office with updates about manufacturing, creating and maintaining spec sheets, shipping and anything else that may arise.
• A Logistics Coordinator must be able to communicate effectively since the job primarily involves liaising with clients, couriers and other operational departments.
• You must be able to organize personnel, and assist with training as required, whilst also organizing budgets and courier expenses.
• Must ensure that quality assurance checks are completed and maintained.
• You may also be required to assist clients with product selection and pricing to improve transportation routes.
• Coordinate with off-site logistics centers, suppliers, and vendors to meet deadlines and track all shipments.
• Establish and maintain logistics procedures and systems, and ensure compliance with regulations and laws.
• Processes orders and ensure shipments meet schedules, supervising the procurement of materials and supplies.
• Develop and maintain operational reports, analyzing existing distribution networks to identify opportunities to reduce costs.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Fluent in Chinese and English
• Must have a high level of education and experience within an office environment, international shipping, stock management and factory suppliers.
• Must be able to create and manage Spec Sheets and Logistics sheets for vendors
• Must be organized and logical, willing to adapt quickly to changing policies and procedures.
• Must be able to work as part of a team in a fast paced and pressured environment, communicating effectively with both colleagues and clients and following verbal and written instructions.
• You must be able to efficiently solve problems relating to sales, finance and transportation of goods in locations both national and overseas.