What is a pitch deck freelancer?
A pitch deck is a critical component in the toolbox of any investment banker, entrepreneur, corporate finance firm, or business broker. A pitch deck freelancer is capable of developing a persuasive presentation or brochure to help professionals effectively convey their goals, objectives, and overall message to a variety of audiences.
How do you hire a pitch deck freelancer?
You can source pitch deck freelance talent on Upwork by following these three steps:
- Write a project description. You’ll want to determine your scope of work and the skills and requirements you are looking for in a pitch deck freelancer.
- Post it on Upwork. Once you’ve written a project description, post it to Upwork. Simply follow the prompts to help you input the information you collected to scope out your project.
- Shortlist and interview pitch deck freelancers. Once the proposals start coming in, create a shortlist of the professionals you want to interview.
Of these three steps, your project description is where you will determine your scope of work and the specific type of pitch deck freelancer you need to complete your project.
How much does it cost to hire a pitch deck freelancer?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced pitch deck freelancer may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their pitch deck freelance services more competitively.
Rates typically charged by pitch deck freelancers on Upwork are:
- Beginners: $12 per hour
- Intermediate: $43 per hour
- Advanced: $120 per hour
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.
How do you write a pitch deck freelancer job post?
Your job post is your chance to describe your project scope, budget, and talent needs. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
Job post title
Create a simple title that describes exactly what you’re looking for. The idea is to target the keywords that your ideal candidate is likely to type into a job search bar to find your project. Here are some sample pitch deck freelancer job post titles:
- Pitch deck writer needed to create presentation for cannabis dispensary
- Start-up in need of world- class pitch deck expert
- Consulting expert needed for pitch deck and proposal re. new private school
An effective pitch deck freelancer job post should include:
- Scope of work: From persuasive business writing to PowerPoint presentation, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, types of fundraising, or software, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Pitch deck freelancer job responsibilities
Here are some examples of pitch deck freelancer job responsibilities:
- Write persuasive and compelling business copy that conveys mission and objectives
- Create visually appealing PowerPoint presentations
- Educate financial decision makers with visually compelling deck
Pitch deck freelancer job requirements and qualifications
Be sure to include any requirements and qualifications you’re looking for in a pitch deck freelancer. Here are some examples:
- Experience with MS PowerPoint and Excel chart creation
- Track record writing pitch decks and other presentations
- Ability to speak the language of investors and bankers
- Thorough understanding of the start-up process and overall business