I am a software engineer with 14 years of experience in Project and Product Management, Requirements Engineering, and Technical Writing. I have two CS degrees and have worked with cross-functional teams and projects from 5 continents. I run an award-winning community called WomenInTechPK, a coding boot camp called CodeGirls, and a career acceleration program for women called CaterpillHERS. I have done nearly two dozen certifications in Product Management, Project Management, and Quality Engineering. I have spoken at 150+ tech community engagements and have over three dozen interviews and features published, both locally and internationally.
- Winner of the WomenTechNetwork Awards for 2020 in the category of Women & Diversity in Tech - Ally of the Year.
- Winner of Community Work Category at Women Of Wonders Awards 2020 by Connected Women Pakistan on March 4th, 2020.
- AnitaB.org Systers Pass It On Awards for 2022.
I always like to work with diverse and cross-functional teams and want to help them in building products that delight their users. I love working on complex problems, and I jump on every opportunity to stretch myself and learn new things to help my clients and teams. I have worked in eCommerce, Logistics, Education, HR and Recruitment, Marketing and Sales, Digital Products, Consulting, Retail, and Automotive industries. I am a meticulous organizer, and an avid reader, and I have a knack for writing long-form articles, whitepapers, manuals, and ebooks.
I can help you in the following areas:
- Product Management: Product Concept Development, competitive, gap, SWOT and market analysis, user interviews and focus groups, user journey mapping and personas, backlog creation and maintenance, strategy building, roadmaps, data analytics, and optimizing user experience.
- Project Management: Expertise in managing traditional and agile on-shore/off-shore teams, ability to manage complex projects in various domains, proficiency in risk, quality, and stakeholder management, an expert in developing project plans/project boards/road maps and other PMO artifacts.
- Business/System/Requirements Analysis and Technical Writing: Expertise in eliciting and gathering requirements, developing software requirement specifications (SRS, PRD, FSD, Backlogs, etc.), user manuals and guides, etc.
- Curriculum Design and Development for Technology and Entrepreneurship-related courses, training sessions, and workshops, including creating course plans, scripts, exercises, etc. Recent Projects: USAID, UNDP, Thinkful, SkillSoft, AirSchool, CaterpillHERs, and CodeGirls.
- Ghost Writing: ebooks and books on topics such as Product Management, Project Management, Agile, Team and/or Building, Entrepreneurship, and Education. Also, long-form articles, research reports, experience reports, plans, whitepapers, etc.
- Community Building and Content Creation for technology-based initiatives.
- Business Process Re-engineering: Agile transformation and adaptation, SCRUM implementation, training, coaching, creating SOPs, process mapping, optimization, and automation.
- Tools: MS Office including MS Project and Visio, Asana, JIRA, Trello, Redmine, Basecamp, Freedcamp, Insightly, Mixpanel, Notion, ERPNext, Zoho CRM, Mantis, Bugzilla, XMind, Mockflow, Figma, Draw.io, Team Foundation Server, Azure DevOps.
Do you have an exciting project, product, or problem for me? Let’s set up a call!