Hire the best Workplace Safety and Health Freelancers in the United States
Check out Workplace Safety and Health Freelancers in the United States with the skills you need for your next job.
- $100 hourlyHR Strategic Professional with extensive experience in maximizing results through building scalable HR processes. Tina brings a hybrid background in employment law and general human resources, with more than 20 years of experience in working with small and midsize employers. Tina received her bachelor’s degree in psychology (minor in social work), a masters degree in human resource management, and has held professional HR certifications for 14 years. She has extensive experience consulting nationwide a wide variety of industries, including healthcare, IT, finance, and pharmaceuticals. Tina enjoys human resources because she feels like everyone has a uniqueness to them. It's an art of aligning company goals with the right hire. Employment law can be tricky and time-consuming when it comes to managing your staff. Tina can help employers keep their team engaged while working toward business goals. Industry Experience Non-profits | Biotech | Cannabis | Retail | Pharma | Tech | Healthcare | Dental Accounting | Construction | Real Estate | Start-Ups | Business Consulting Education MBA in Human Resource Management BA in Psychology and a Minor in Social Work HR Professional Certifications - PHR (Professional in Human Resources) and CA-PHR Project Management Volunteer with Women's Empowerment and Pacific Community Ventures Popular client needs ~ Employee handbooks creation and revisions ~ Integrate COVID updates to employee handbooks ~ Building HR Infrastructure ~ HR Process Improvements ~ Job descriptions and Job Postings ~ Employee Relations - handle workplace investigations ~ Design and create annual reviews for performance ~ Onboarding design and creation of orientation welcome packets Accomplishments with prior companies: · Created a fun and engaging Employee Handbook to fit the business culture · Built a scalable, innovative HR infrastructure to include an HRIS, ATS, Payroll, and Timekeeping · High turnaround recruitment: increased headcount by 62% in less than a year. · Creation of an online onboarding experience to increase the ramp up time of a new hire readiness . Reclassified their job titles to be compliant with state and federal laws · Results of savings in 500K by adjusting an operational payroll practice for CA territory · Employee Relations - decreased hotline complaints in the region by 55% · Identified skill sets and behaviors of high performers in a job classification with a low success rate that I later created an assessment used to screen for those qualifications. · Increased leadership development by 70% · Revised Employee Handbook to include CA lawWorkplace Safety and HealthCompensation & BenefitsRecruiting & RetentionJob Description WritingPayroll ProcessingHuman Resources ComplianceWorkplace Safety & HealthHuman Resources StrategyEmployment HandbookHuman Resource Information System ImplementationHR & Business Services
- $50 hourlyI am a physical therapist with experience treating patients with acute and chronic orthopedic conditions, and a specialty in treating patients with vestibular pathologies. I have experience in writing patient education pieces as well as developing staff education/training presentations. I have worked as a content writer, producer, and editor for a variety of health companies to improve ease of access to and quality of health care education. I have also worked with physical therapy continuing education companies to create CE courses, exams, and resources for the course. I am an outdoor enthusiast and enjoy exploring the national and local parks. I am well traveled throughout the United States looking for my next adventure. I enjoy climbing mountains, hiking, biking, kayaking, and paddle boarding. My two largest summits are Mount Rainier and Mount Kilimanjaro.Workplace Safety and HealthWorkplace Safety & HealthMedical TerminologyFunctional AnatomyAnatomyPhysical Fitness
- $60 hourlyOverview My 20+ years of technical consulting and managerial roles coupled with an extensive educational background will provide you with well researched, proofread, edited, and written content based on a unique experience and perspective. You will receive high-quality and reliable information for your articles, presentations, reports, and other written materials as a result of fine-tuned research and writing skills developed and honed through a professional technical career working for Anadarko Petroleum and URS Consultants. These skills supporting your assignments were further enhanced through the process of earning a BS/MS in Engineering, an MBA in Global Management, geohydrology graduate certificate, and Professional Engineer and Certified Safety Professional licenses. An eye for detail assures your documents will be thoroughly edited and proofread for both structural errors and content accuracy. This attention to detail and accuracy is a result of my technical background as health, safety, security and environmental director for a major energy company, and environmental consultant, hydrogeologist, and office general manager for both RMT and PSI. Web Research Effective presentations, articles, or reports are built upon a platform of sound research. Research skills honed during a 20+ year professional technical career and through earning a BS/MS in Engineering and an MBA in Global Management assure you will receive with essential information in an immediately usable format. You benefit from thoroughly researched and readable, actionable summaries borne from my experience in researching and summarizing a broad range of technical topics regularly for internal customers ranging from field technical personnel to company executives. A preliminary search outline developed with your input will be provided prior to beginning the research to assure you are receiving the information you require. You will be provided with a concise summary of the requested information. Credible sources will be used and citations provided. Links will be provided so you can refer to the original sources, as necessary. Continue reading for other services provided and also take a look at the examples in my portfolio. Editing and Proofreading My technical background as an environmental consultant, office general manager for two consulting companies, and health, safety, security and environmental manager has honed an eye for detail that will assure your documents will be thoroughly edited and proofread for both structural errors and content accuracy. Your documents and reports benefit from my experience editing, proofreading, or writing many types of documents for submittal to government agencies and trade organizations such as the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and American Petroleum Institute (API). An eye for technical detail coupled with extensive subject matter knowledge in other areas such as travel, working and living abroad, financial and retirement planning, and current events will assure your documents will be thoroughly edited and proofread for both structural errors and content accuracy. Suggested changes will be highlighted in Microsoft Word using the “Track Changes” feature. (Other options are available if you prefer). Other ways you may benefit from my experience are provided below. Writing Working on projects in several countries in North, Central and South America, North Africa and the Middle East has permitted extensive travel in these areas. These experiences traveling, working, and living internationally provides real-world experiences that will translate into authentic and interesting articles for your readers. A love of learning and a variety of job experiences working for small- to medium-sized companies has given me a breadth and scope of experience from which to draw. These experiences and interests assure that you will be provided with well-written articles and blog posts that will both intrigue and inform your audience. A continuing interest in retirement and personal financial planning combined with an ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner means your readers will receive information they can understand and put to immediate use. At your request, your materials can be written in ‘your’ voice (e.g., business, informative, informal, or conversational) and reflect your unique point of view while gaining from my personal real-world experiences. To ensure these work products reflect your unique perspective, your input and changes are welcome as we work collaboratively. Your satisfaction is important to me. Commitment As a professional, my commitment to you is to consistently meet or exceed your expectations for quality and timely delivery. During your assignment, I will provide you with an intermediate draft to make sure you are getting exactly the results you want. See examples of my work in my portfolio, and check out my feedback from other satisfied clients!Workplace Safety and HealthManagement SkillsEngineering GeologyTechnical EditingGeologyPhysical ScienceConstructionCustomer ServiceWorkplace Safety & HealthEnvironmental ScienceAcademic WritingEngineering ManagementArticle WritingContent WritingTechnical Writing
- $125 hourlyI work with regulated businesses to help them assess, maintain, and improve their environmental and safety compliance. I have approximately 20 years of experience in the environmental, health, and safety (EHS) field. Throughout my career I have served organizations in multiple industries with varying levels of EHS program complexity. For every project I complete, I guarantee satisfaction and quality. Please read through my list of skills and experience below. - Registered Environmental Manager (REM) - Certified Environmental Systems Manager (CESM) - Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Bioenvironmental Sciences - Master or Business Administration (M.B.A.), Concentration in Finance - Standard Operating Procedure and Compliance Plan Authoring - Management System Development and Implementation - Training Creation and Delivery, including e-Learning and LMS - Data Processing and Analysis - Regulatory Applicability Analysis - Auditing and Inspections - Permitting - Document Management - Compliance Calendars - Requirements Registers - Toxic Release Inventories (TRI) - Air Emissions Inventories - Tier II - Chemical Data Reporting (CDR) - Discharge Monitoring Reports (DMR) - OSHA 300/300A - BLS Survey of Occupational Injuries and Illnesses - Semiannual Compliance Certifications - Behavior Based Safety - Contractor Management - Incident Reporting and Investigation I have gained and improved my myriad of skills with a laser focus on efficiency and effectiveness. These qualities make me extremely suitable for projects here on Upwork. I look forward to hearing from you in the near future!Workplace Safety and HealthEnvironmentMicrosoft OfficeAdministrative SupportQuality, Health, Safety & Environment ManagementBusiness OperationsProcedure DevelopmentWorkplace Safety & HealthData AnalysisPolicy WritingGovernment Reporting ComplianceProgram EvaluationPresentationsRegulatory ComplianceEnvironmental ScienceMicrosoft Excel
- $100 hourlyI am a safety and environmental expert with over 15 years in helping companies meet their OSHA and environmental compliance needs. Do you have a safety, environmental, or sustainability issue that need some help? I have a BS in Environmental Health and graduate study in Engineering Management. I can help with EPA and OSHA issues, inspections, program and policy development and other EHS fundamentals. I can also help to incorporate safety, health, ergonomics, and sustainability as tools for cost reduction, improved productivity, quality, and employee engagement. I can write and edit policies and programs, safety articles, and training materials. Specialties: OSHA Compliance, EPA/State Environmental Compliance, Injury Investigation and Auditing, Environmental, Health, and Safety Risk Assessment and Compliance, Regulatory Compliance in US and International (Europe, Canada, Mexico, Australia, S. America), Analysis of Leading and Lagging Indicators, Employee Safety Engagement and Training, Contractor Safety Management, Mentoring and Development of Safety Professionals, ISO 14001, ISO45001, OSHA VPP. Certified Safety Professional (CSP) 2010 - Present American Society of Safety Professionals 2005-PresentWorkplace Safety and HealthContent WritingISO 14001Safety AssessmentBlog WritingErgonomicsProcess SafetyWorkplace Safety & HealthFinancial AuditOccupational HealthCompliancePolicy WritingEmployee TrainingEnvironmental Science
- $65 hourlyHR Consultant with 10 years experience. I help clients create policy and procedures, handbooks, job descriptions and new hire documents. Assist with employee relation issues. Implement new onboarding processes to help ensure employee retention. Offer guidance on new and current laws and regulations.Workplace Safety and HealthCandidate InterviewingHR & Business ServicesInterview TrainingPolicy WritingHRM Labs HRISHuman Resources ConsultingPayroll AccountingBenefitsEmployee RelationsJob Description WritingEmployee OnboardingHuman Resources ComplianceEmployee CommunicationsSalary & Benefits BenchmarkingAdministrative SupportHuman Resource ManagementEmployment HandbookWorkplace Safety & Health
- $80 hourlyThroughout my 19 year career in human resources, I have always appreciated when I heard managers and employees define me as not the typical HR person. I don't follow the traditional HR rules. I work with team members to help them to be the best version of themselves. I believe that if employees are properly supported, they will achieve unbelievable results for the organization. The challenge is that you must meet each individual where they are. Organizations can support their team members in various ways using technology, providing consistent messaging in line with the company culture and brand, and properly compensating team members with value-added benefits, experiences and salaries. For all the small to mid-size leaders out there - I am here to support YOU! You have so much on your plate as you grow your business that you don't need to be spending a copious amount of time researching and implementing programs, determining compliance gaps, and establishing organizational structures that are scalable. I think it's imperative that an HR person must be up-to-date on any new and upcoming employment law changes. I am a perpetual learner. I attend webinars and courses on a weekly basis so that I may learn about any compliance changes as well as to learn the best in practice concepts applicable to small and mid-size employers. I spent my career living and learning on the job accompanied by constant education through SHRM, employment attorneys, HRCI, Hacking HR, and LinkedIn groups. I have even signed up for a webinar produced in Singapore (SST time zone) recently and woke up at 3am to learn how that side of the world is dealing with Covid 19 and returning to work. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do - just in your pajamas. I look forward to working with your organization to help you achieve your goals. I am providing a list below of areas in HR for which I have experience. • Compensation and benefit programs • Budget administration/reporting • Union negotiation and arbitration • Performance and talent management • Wellness program development • Branding and community involvement • Employee and labor law • Regulatory compliance • Leadership coaching/counseling • HR technology: Bamboo HR| Paycom| Jazz HR| Concur • Continuous improvement • Workplace safety • Labor contract administration • Policy design and administration • Employee recruitment and retentionWorkplace Safety and HealthHuman Resource ManagementEmployee CommunicationsCompany PolicyCompensation & BenefitsLabor Relations & NegotiationHR & Business ServicesHuman Resource Information SystemJob Description WritingEmployee EngagementHuman Resource Information System ImplementationEmployee RelationsEmployee OnboardingWorkplace Safety & HealthHuman Resources ComplianceHuman Resources Strategy
- $80 hourlyObjective I’m a versatile safety professional and a self-starter with experience serving the petro-chemical, petroleum & oil refining, heavy industrial & civil construction, fabrication & manufacturing, petroleum pipeline & environmental fields for over 14 years. My experience includes staff, consultative, seconded and contract roles in private, government and public industry sectors. Education Education & Certifications Bachelor of Science - Industrial Technology, Southeastern Louisiana University, December 2004 CSP (Certified Safety Professional) – Board of Certified Safety Professionals, Certification # 23436 Skills Procedure & Document Development, Proven Leadership Ability, Incident Investigation & Root Cause Analysis, 5-Why (working knowledge of Tap Root & Apollo), Risk Assessment & Mitigation, Worker’s Compensation, PEC, Avetta & ISNetWorld, Subcontractor Management, 1904 Recordkeeping, Working Knowledge of NFPA 70E & B, OSHA VPP & PSM, Coaching, Mentoring, Instructing, Teaching, Proficient in Windows Environment Software, Vizio, Prezi, Asana and EHS Incident Management Platforms, Intelex, Applications InternationalWorkplace Safety and HealthMedical Records ResearchSafetyCulture iAuditorEmployee TrainingTraining PresentationPreziMicrosoft PowerPointExcelWorkplace Safety & HealthOccupational HealthTraining
- $95 hourlySeasoned safety and health leader with experience in single or multi-site management and multi-hazard workplaces. My areas of expertise include confined spaces, fall protection and rescue, machine guarding, and pre-startup safety reviews. Experienced with PSM and other high hazards as well as startups and small businesses. I’m passionate about training and am currently an authorized OSHA outreach trainer for 10 and 30 hour cards for general industry, Red Cross Instructor for adult, child, and infant CPR/AED and first aid, as well as mobile equipment instructor, and many more.Workplace Safety and HealthWorkplace Safety & HealthSecurity TestingTrainingFirst AidEmployee TrainingSecurity Operation CenterCompliance Training
- $72 hourlyTwenty-eight years of Environmental Health and Safety, Risk Management, Human Resources, & Workers Comp. experience in the energy, construction, manufacturing, healthcare, academia, and aerospace industries. Education: BA in Spanish, Masters in EHS/Environmental Mgmt. EHS Skills: -Training - all topics -Written programs, safety manuals, training materials, and policy development -Expert in all OSHA regulatory requirements -Hazard surveillance, accident prevention, & investigations -Workers Comp. & return to work -Article and blog writing I am a/an: -Certified Safety Professional -Certified Healthcare Safety Professional -OSHA Authorized Instructor 10 & 30 Hour Courses - Construction & Gen. Industry (English and Spanish) -Florida DOT Management of Traffic Instructor FLUENT SPANISH SPEAKER/TRANSLATORWorkplace Safety and HealthFinancial AuditEnvironmentBlog ContentOccupational HealthEnvironmental ScienceSafety AssessmentInstruction ManualWorkplace Safety & HealthHR & Business ServicesBlog WritingBusiness WritingProcedure ManualQuality, Health, Safety & Environment ManagementEnglish to Spanish TranslationEducation
- $80 hourlyI am the #1 Health & Safety consultant on Upwork. My credentials are that I am a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) & certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and have been published in Marquis Who's Who in America. I have experience at several Fortune 500 companies in a corporate and field setting. I’m the best of the best when it comes to my knowledge and expertise driving strategic initiatives in workplace safety. I led the charge in creating the nation’s safest FedEx building by driving culture change. I have successfully helped clients in 7 countries and all 50 states in the United States. If you’re looking for top-tier global talent and knowledge around workplace safety, I’m your guy. I have extensive experience writing policies and procedures, as well as developing safety programs with huge ROI’s from the ground up. I have developed, designed and presented hundreds of safety trainings (in-person, elearning & virtual reality) that have been taken several million times by workers. I also have global experience effectively leading high value and high impact projects. Reach out to me to gain a leg up on safety at your company, and/or to assist with your project management needs. Examples of services I can expertly provide: ✓Advise on ergonomics best practices ✓Assist with OSHA compliance efforts ✓Authoring or reviewing safety manuals, policies, procedures ✓Be an SME for all of your OSHA or safety related inquiries ✓Blog article content creation on latest trending information in the health & safety industry ✓Consult you and your team on industry best practices for developing a world class safety culture ✓Create, develop and review safety related training content/courses & elearnings ✓Develop toolbox talks ✓Improve your project management tracking methods (Airtable expertise) ✓Incident investigation with root cause actionable findings ✓Inform and influence culture change with safety as high as c suite level ✓Provide coaching to your safety or operations team on best practices ✓Review and consult on best Safety Management System (SMS) platforms and featuresWorkplace Safety and HealthRegulatory ComplianceTraining Online LMSOccupational HealthInstructional DesignProject Management OfficeCompany PolicyEnvironmental, Health & Safety SoftwarePolicy DevelopmentProcedure DevelopmentArticle WritingProject ManagementTraining & DevelopmentManagement ConsultingWorkplace Safety & HealthHuman Resource Management
- $120 hourlyHands-on Human Resources and Risk Management leader with strong analytical skills. Demonstrated ability for managing highly effective, results oriented teams and building relationships throughout the organization. Skilled in all areas of HR plus Payroll (including Certified Payroll), Risk Management, Safety, DOT Compliance, and Training. SPHR certified and inactive CPP certification. M&A and PE experience.Workplace Safety and HealthCompensation & BenefitsCompany PolicyHuman Resources ConsultingInsurance & Risk ManagementWorkplace Safety & HealthHuman Resources StrategyHuman Resources CompliancePayroll AccountingHR & Business ServicesTraining Design
- $55 hourlyCalifornia Professional Geologist. Six years environmental consulting and one year in geotechnical engineering. Contact me for any of the following tasks: - Environmental Assessments (Phase I, II, and III) - Very proficient with AutoCAD and GIS and have personal licenses with programs - Chemical data analysis or interpretation of lab results - Competent with VOCs, PAHs, TPH, BTEX, MTBE, etc. contamination in soil and groundwater - Abandonments or Decommissioning - Air Quality Management Plans or monitoring - Health and Safety Plans - Construction management or project permitting - SWPPP (not QSP or QSD, but know my way around) - Hazardous waste handling including spill containment for environmental projects - Septic tank design and soils reports - *Not available for oil and gas projects in California, or to work for any entity associated with oil and gas in California* Feel free to contact me for any one-off jobs as well. If you need something researched you found the right person. ThanksWorkplace Safety and HealthWaste Management & RemediationEngineering GeologyCADGISHydrogeologyGeologyEnvironmental ScienceWorkplace Safety & HealthTechnical WritingResearcher
- $125 hourlyAre you looking for a food safety or public health expert? I can help. I have over 19 years of experience in public health, food safety, quality assurance and regulatory management. I also have the credentials to back it up (MPH, RS/REHS, Preventative Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) and Certified Food Safety Manager). I write HACCP Plans, Food Safety Plans, policy & procedure documents and can develop/review your employee training programs. Or, if you need an expert to help guide your organization. I can do that too. My approach is a little different than some other professionals. While I cover all of the regulatory bases, I ensure that anything developed is functional and integrates food safety and public health practices as seamlessly as possible into your operations. I dive deep to understand your processes and work with you to achieve your goals. So reach out if you have any questions or project needs. Adding new layers and processes is not something that is an absolute necessity. My skill is seeking out those strategic points so that you can comply with regulations, have a safer operation and be more successful in your day-to-day operations. Use my expertise so that you can focus on the many other business priorities that you have.Workplace Safety and HealthPublic HealthProcess ImprovementEnvironmental SciencePolicy DevelopmentLeadership SkillsWorkplace Safety & HealthProcedure ManualProject Risk ManagementFood & BeverageQuality Assurance
- $45 hourly⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “Excellent and responsible. Would highly recommend.” My goal is to create positive user experiences that are useful and relevant for the people you serve. I am a skilled Articulate 360 (Storyline and Rise) eLearning developer, and an Instructional Designer with a strong background in learning strategies. Using resources like Articulate Storyline or Articulate Rise, I can create well designed, visually appealing courses with interactive elements to help your organization. As an instructional designer, I create learning objectives, design outlines and training plans, edit training modules and courses for clarity, write content and scripts for online learning, make power point presentations for in-person facilitation, find and add images to courses, and audit presentations to provide feedback for future changes. Before working in Learning and Development, I worked in sales and customer support for large brands. I understand that consistency is important, and I work with clients to understand their organization and mirror their presentation branding when possible. Whether you are looking to serve outside customers by selling your course or train internal staff members, I can consult with you as you consider aspects of your learning and development program. With each project I am happy to collaborate with team members and subject matter experts, and I will also review your current PowerPoint presentations, training manuals, blog posts and written articles to help with your course development. I can also perform more general virtual assistant tasks involving course maintenance, including uploading files to a Learning Management System, tracking assignments and course completion, booking travel, creating course packets, refining documents, editing and cleaning up PowerPoint files for presentations, reviewing or screening resumes, etc. Please ask me for more details specific to your project. Related Skills: Articulate 360 Learning Management Systems Kahoot! Canva Wordpress and HTML Chat and Video Chat Software (ie. Zoom, Microsoft Teams, etc.) 1-on-1 coaching Small Group Facilitation (2-34) Large Group Facilitation (35-60+) Previous Courses Taught: Safety (including OSHA standards) Communication Strategies Customer Service and Resolution Security Sales Strategies Company Policy Compliance Cultural Awareness Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Accommodations CPR and First AidWorkplace Safety and HealthWorkplace Safety & HealthMicrosoft PowerPointCustomer RetentionContent WritingEmployee TrainingElearningEmployee OnboardingInstructional DesignCurriculum DesignStaff Orientation & Onboarding MaterialsCurriculum DevelopmentCompliance TrainingArticulate RiseTraining PresentationArticulate StorylinePresentation DesignFacilitationCustomer Satisfaction
- $74 hourlyI am Certified Safety Professional (CSP) with over 8 years of safety experience. I have worked as an industrial hygienist, an environmental, health, and safety professional in a manufacturing facility of 700+ employees and a Corporate Environmental and Safety Manager. I am passionate and detail-oriented in my work. I help manufacturing facilities improve their safety program. My certifications include: Certified Safety Professional (CSP) with BCSP Associate Safety Professional (ASP) with BCSP Certified Safety Director (CSD) with NASP ISO14001: 2015 Lead Auditor Training ISO45001: 2018 Lead Auditor Training Asbestos Building Inspector and Air Sampler in SC Lead Safety for Renovating, Repair and Painting Certified My roles and trainings include: Radiation Safety Officer Laser Safety Officer Chemical Hygiene Officer Adult First Aid/CPR/AED 10&30 Hour OSHA General Industry Silica - Competent Person Confined Space - Competent Person Certificate in Safety Leadership Root Cause Analysis 40 HR HAZWOPER - Emergency Response Technician Level Low Voltage Qualified I am a Professional Member of the American Society of Safety Professionals since 2016. I have been on the Executive Board of the Piedmont Chapter since 2019. I am the President since 2021 and will be until 2023Workplace Safety and HealthEnglishContent WritingISO 14001Risk AssessmentOccupational HealthPolicies & ProceduresTraining & DevelopmentRoot Cause AnalysisSafety AssessmentWorkplace Safety & HealthTechnical WritingInstructional Design
- $85 hourlyExpert writing assistance for policies & procedures, user guides, instructional materials, whitepapers / content marketing, safety guides, and more... I am known for 100% accurate and high-quality content with quick turnaround, including projects which are complex and/or highly technical. Thank you very much for visiting my profile. In my relatively short tenure with Upwork, I have been extremely successful, having achieved the Top-Rated Plus ranking which requires significant accomplishments on the platform. I also have and maintain a 100% Job Success Score; this comes from carefully selecting projects which I know that I can perform perfectly 100% of the time. I owe my Upwork success in large part to my seventeen years of experience working for the world’s wealthiest company, Saudi Aramco - which is also the world's largest oil company. While at Aramco, I ran several prestigious programs within my 2,000-person department, including maintaining international accreditations. Because of my writing skills, I was the de facto technical writer for my department, responsible for creating policies, procedures, training manuals, SOPs, articles, press releases, and testing instruments. Since departing Aramco, returning to the U.S., and joining Upwork, I have successfully assisted many clients with myriad and diverse projects, ranging from fairly straightforward tasks to highly complex and technical jobs. Some general examples are as follows: • All manner of policies and procedures • Safety courses / guides • User guides / owners' manuals / installation guides (equipment, software, automotive, etc.) • Whitepapers / blogs / website content / content marketing • ASPICE documentation • SOC2 documentation • Amazon 2/6 Pagers - editing support • E-learning content development • Product descriptions (technical and otherwise) ... essentially professional and proficient editing of any written documentation/communication Further, I bring an unparalleled aspect and asset to each project - a business partner possessing a PhD in English and JD (law) degree, with extensive editorial experience at a large publishing house. She provides a unique second layer of professional review to every project prior to submission, ensuring that the client receives a perfect product.Workplace Safety and HealthUser Technical TrainingAutomotiveFire Protection EngineeringSEO WritingOnline InstructionSafety AssessmentProcess SafetyWorkplace Safety & HealthWebsite ContentCompany PolicyTechnical WritingEditing & ProofreadingTechnical Manual
- $85 hourlyAccident reconstruction specialist in built environment and automotive cases/projects. Background in acoustics, audio communication & human performance. Expert witness in federal and state courts. Vast experience in technical report writing. Wrote environmental noise regulation for the State of Maine. Conducted contract R&D services for US Bureau of Mines, EPA, NASA, OSHA, Pennsylvania DOT, Maine DEP. Acoustical consultant to commercial, industrial and government clients. Generalist in applying the scientific method to analyze and solve technical problems. Background in Risk Control.Workplace Safety and HealthAudio EngineeringAutomotive EngineeringProcess SafetyWorkplace Safety & HealthPhotographySafety AssessmentBuilding RegulationEngineering ManagementElectrical Engineering
- $60 hourlyI am a strategic leader who has a decade of safety management, operational leadership, program development and implementation experience. I have enjoyed working hand and hand with cross-functional teams; analyzing data to identify gaps, providing critical coaching, promoting continuous improvement, creating and facilitating leadership development training, and helping to build employee morale. I'm adept at streamlining safety manuals, programs, and policies to optimally mitigate risks, prevent potential future incidents, and preserve employees’ safety at all times. WORKPLACE SPECIALIZATION: - Building Safety Programs - Incident and Injury Investigations - Job Risk Analysis - Safety Handbooks and Manuals - Safety Procedures - Safety Leadership Training - Safety On-boarding - Safety Strategy and Integration Certifications: Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification Panasonic Energy of North America OSHA 30 Hour Construction OSHAcademy Safety and Health Training ISO 9001: 2015 QMS Foundation and Internal Auditor DNV GL BUSINESS ASSURANCE USA, INC. FAA Unmanned Aircraft System License Federal Aviation AdministrationWorkplace Safety and HealthStrategyPolicy WritingOccupational HealthQuality, Health, Safety & Environment ManagementSafety AssessmentRisk AssessmentProcedure DevelopmentWorkplace Safety & HealthRoot Cause AnalysisConstruction MonitoringInstruction ManualContent DevelopmentEmployee EngagementLeadership DevelopmentContinuous Improvement
- $45 hourlyWelcome - thanks for visiting my profile! I'm an experienced Technical Writer and Health & Safety Professional. Although my background lies within the Occupational Health and Safety field, I'm excited to learn about your industry! Working as a Technical Writer in the Oil and Gas industry provided me with a keen eye for proofreading complex policies, procedures, and compliance plans. This skillset has translated into other avenues and has allowed me to provide successful deliverables to clients including enhancing existing resumes, strengthening scholarship and academic essays, and drafting various written material for client business ventures. I'm a Certified Safety Professional (CSP), so it is always exciting for me to provide services from that aspect as well. Thank you for considering me for your next project! Talk soon, Michael TristanWorkplace Safety and HealthPresentation DesignMicrosoft PowerPointSafety AssessmentNews WritingPublic HealthOccupational HealthReport WritingWorkplace Safety & HealthResume DesignResume WritingTechnical WritingEssay WritingProofreading
- $50 hourlyI am driven to contribute value through quick-learning, resourcefulness, and skill. Highly organized and an effective communicator with staff members, team members, leaders, and communities. Eager to bring value to an organization that appreciates hard work and commitment to quality. I am an extremely sociable person who is both caring and has a great understanding of others. I have a 4 year Bachelor's in General Studies with an emphasis on health. Authorized to work in the US for any employer, Skills * Hospital Experience * Exceptional Communication Skills * Outstanding Personal Skills * Problem Solving * Organizational skills * Patience * Compassion and Empathy * Client-Centered * Altruistic * Positive Attitude * Passionate * Creative * Generous * Versatile and Adaptive * Customer service * Medical Terminology Assessments Attention to detail - Expert December 2021 Identifying differences in materials, following instructions, and detecting details among distractingWorkplace Safety and HealthProject SchedulingSchedulingTime ManagementComplianceWorkplace Safety & HealthOccupational HealthMathematicsSystem MaintenanceLandscapingCommunicationsCommunication SkillsCustomer Service
- $75 hourlyAn authentic executive leader with 25 years of experience in all facets of HR, Operations, and Business Management. Some of the many hats I have worn include HR Director, Compliance Director, Director of Operations, Interim CFO, and currently Vice President of HR for ABP Solutions. I am 100% dedicated to delivering my clients the results they need and fully utilize my diverse skillset to do so! Specialties • HR and Business Compliance • Employee/Labor Relations • Onboarding/Offboarding • Policy and Procedure Development • Employment Branding/Employee Engagement • Compensation and Benefit Management • Investigations • Full-Cycle Staffing and Recruiting • Workers’ Compensation and Safety Compliance • Unemployment, EEO, and DOL Representation • Union Labor Relations and Negotiations • EEO/AAP Compliance • Strategic and Succession Planning • Cost Containment • Full-Cycle Payroll Management • Training and Development • Performance ManagementWorkplace Safety and HealthWorkplace Safety & HealthHuman Resources StrategyChange ManagementCoachingEmployee EngagementRecruiting & RetentionEmployee RelationsHR & Business ServicesPolicy WritingHuman Resources ConsultingEmployment LawApplicant Tracking SystemsHuman Resource ManagementHuman Resources Compliance
- $40 hourlyI am a psychologist with 6 years of experience working for the state of New York with people who have developmental disabilities. While my career goal is private practice, my passion is psychology and anything related. Looking at data or listening to someone speak and figuring out trends and ways to optimize or better a situation is something I really enjoy. I also excel at helping people understand hard concepts. I enjoy helping someone by breaking things down to whatever level they are at, so they can understand a situation, a current challenge, or even a new solution. I firmly believe that communication is a combination of creativity and patience! I'm also very adept with technology and learning as I go to help others. I have spent a lot of time writing simplified instructions for my co-workers to do complex things with their computers. I also love creative writing and have spent many years working on and helping others embellish and work on vignettes, character studies, etc.Workplace Safety and HealthMicrosoft WindowsMicrosoft WordTutoringBehavioral DesignOccupational HealthWorkplace Safety & HealthHealth & WellnessCounselingPsychologyCounseling PsychologyProblem SolvingComputerEmotional ToneAnalytical PresentationData Analysis
- $40 hourly· Empathetic and detail-oriented registered nurse with 5+ years of experiencein cardiology, intensive care, renal, and home care. · Self-driven and motivated worker with 2 years experience with remote clinical data abstraction and medical litigation. · Consistently fosters trusting relationships with clients, given a strong background in supporting diverse populations. · Able to readily identify company/unit needs and pioneer the development of resources and/or educational tools needed to streamline processes. · Possesses strong writing and editing skills, with attention to style and detail.Workplace Safety and HealthElectronic Medical RecordCritical Thinking SkillsMicrosoft OfficeWorkplace Safety & HealthTraining Needs AnalysisTechnical ReviewTraining & DevelopmentEmployee TrainingCustomer ServiceTechnical AnalysisSoftware TestingTraining PresentationWriting CritiqueMicrosoft PowerAppsDocumentationEducation PresentationNursingBlog WritingEditing & Proofreading
- $90 hourlyI am an experienced Human Resources Manager with 8 years of expertise in the state of California. I hold certifications as a Human Resources Professional through HRCI, including PHRca and aPHR. My skills encompass a wide range of HR management areas, such as full cycle recruitment, on-boarding/off-boarding, employee relations, benefits and compensation, investigations, compliance, employment law, HR audits, HR start-up, HRIS & ATS implementation and configuration, 401k administration, employee handbooks, policy manuals, retirement plans, diversity and inclusion, leaves of absence, worker's compensation, and document translation. In addition to my HR expertise, I am bilingual in Spanish and proficient in reading, writing, and speaking the language. Furthermore, my background and work experience in public safety and law enforcement operations have provided me with a unique perspective and a deep understanding of organizational dynamics and regulatory requirements. Throughout my career, I have successfully completed various projects and achieved notable accomplishments. With my skills and track record, I am confident that I can effectively contribute to your organization's HR needs.Workplace Safety and HealthHuman Resources ComplianceResume WritingBusiness ManagementManagement SkillsWorkplace Safety & HealthResume DesignCompensation & BenefitsPerformance ManagementEmployee RelationsTrainingCV/Resume TranslationHuman Resources ConsultingEmployment LawCompany PolicyHR & Business ServicesHuman Resource ManagementCandidate Interviewing
- $85 hourlySUMMARY Senior project manager with over 41 years' experience coordinating complex projects. Can oversee a project's staffing, budgetary and scheduling needs to ensure all expectations are met or exceeded. Able to communicate with clients' representatives and clearly relay their needs to a project's team. Creator of clear, achievable goals that result in desired deliverables. A proven track record of delivering high-end residential, commercial, and institutional projects across many industry sectors. Scope Management During the pre-construction phase, I ensure that a clear, defined scope of work (Contract Documents), which meets the owner’s requirements has been developed, organized and archived for dissemination and all items on the development checklist are progressing on schedule. During construction, ensure that the scope of work does not change without official change modification. Ensures that all change requests are justified, and all associated pricing are verified. Obtain the required architect/engineer and owner signatory approvals for any such changes. Manage all change requests as directed by the contract documents. Prepare and maintain a change control log. Time Management Create and maintain master Critical Path Method (CPM) schedule. The Master Schedule will include all project activities including, but not limited to: design, procurement, permitting, construction, and commissioning. Every activity will have an assigned duration and be logically correlated to other activities. A baseline will be established and updated monthly or biweekly and metrics of the critical path reported properly. Cost Management During the pre-construction phase, will prepare a realistic budget for the entire project (as needed). Will utilize all resources to maximize budget accuracy (archived project cost data, published industry data, and market-driven price exploration). Will create a Master Schedule of Values (MSOV) to organize and track project costs. Obtain and monitor the Architect’s & Contractor’s Schedules of Values (SOV) in respect to work performed. Perform Earned Value Measurement (EVM) analysis when verifying all requests for payment. Update the MSOV monthly. Manage and update all costs associated with scope change. Quality Management Will ensure the Contractor has established and is adhering to their internal quality control plan. Will establish and manage a quality assurance plan, verifying that all third-party testing reports meet the specified parameters. Will verify that submittal process is clear and transparent (forms, logs, etc.). Will ensure that designers and contractors are inquiring and responding professionally, timely and accurately. Communication Management Will ensure the Contractor is reporting site conditions, weather, activities, etc. on daily logs. Will verify that Request for Information (RFI) process is clear and transparent (forms, logs, etc.). Will ensure that designers and contractors are inquiring and responding professionally, timely and accurately. Will review monthly draw requisitions. Will create and disseminate monthly project summary reports. Reports will be comprehensive and include the following elements: overall summary, current activities, upcoming activities, project schedule status, project cost report (complete with Earned Value Measurement), quality concerns and project photos. Risk Management Identify, document and update any uncertain events or conditions. (These events could present a positive or negative effect on the project objective, and will mitigate all negative risks, while exploit all the positive ones.)Workplace Safety and HealthCritical Thinking SkillsBusiness OperationsConstruction EstimatingManagement ConsultingBudget ManagementTime ManagementProject ManagementWorkplace Safety & HealthContract ManagementCost ManagementConstruction Management
- $40 hourlyOBJECTIVE I'm a compassionate, skilled, and eager new grad occupational therapist (OT) with field work experience in pediatric, long-term care, and mental health settings. I possess strong leadership and communication skills and have a keen interest in building a career working with individuals via telehealth settings. Currently, I am working as a content director part-time and would like to add other freelance/part-time work to my case load. Not only am I driven, but would love to show the passion I have for completely a job well done and on time.Workplace Safety and HealthMental HealthScreenplay TreatmentInvoicingPersonal DevelopmentHealthWorkplace Safety & HealthOccupational HealthPersona Development
Want to browse more freelancers?Sign up
How hiring on Upwork works
1. Post a job (it’s free)
Tell us what you need. Provide as many details as possible, but don’t worry about getting it perfect.
2. Talent comes to you
Get qualified proposals within 24 hours, and meet the candidates you’re excited about. Hire as soon as you’re ready.
3. Collaborate easily
Use Upwork to chat or video call, share files, and track project progress right from the app.
4. Payment simplified
Receive invoices and make payments through Upwork. Only pay for work you authorize.