How to hire Zapier developers
When most people think of automation, they generally strive to automate tasks within a particular platform or program. Zapier lets you automate repetitive interactions between third-party apps such as Evernote, Trello, and Google Drive.
So how do you hire Zapier developers? What follows are some tips for finding top Zapier developers on Upwork.
How to shortlist Zapier professionals
As you’re browsing available Zapier consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the professionals you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Technology fit. You want a Zapier developer who understands the third-party apps you wish to link together in an automated workflow.
- Project experience. Screen candidate profiles for specific skills and experience (e.g., copying files from Dropbox to Amazon S3 buckets).
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular Zapier developer.
How to write an effective Zapier job post
With a clear picture of your ideal Zapier developer in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective Zapier job post should include:
- Scope of work: From automating file transfers to project management, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries or developer tools, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to automate repetitive inter-app tasks? Log in and post your Zapier job on Upwork today.
ZAPIER DEVELOPERS FAQ
What is Zapier?
Zapier is an online automation tool that can be used to connect common apps such as Gmail, Slack, and Dropbox to automate repetitive tasks. It is also considered a no code development platform.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in Zapier professionals:
- API development
Why hire Zapier developers?
The trick to finding top Zapier developers is to identify your needs. Is your goal to automate a business workflow that involves pulling graphics from Dropbox, creating templates in Mailchimp, and sending them to subscribers via Gmail? Or are you looking for a social media manager to help you autopost to multiple platforms via RSS feeds? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How much does it cost to hire a Zapier developer?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced Zapier developer may command higher fees but also work faster, have more specialized areas of expertise, and deliver a higher-quality product.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their Zapier development services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.