Herban Indigo is a lifestyle blog that lies on the intersection of cannabis and popular culture. From dissecting the realms of music, sports, films and weed to discovering LA's finest restaurants and dispensaries, Herban Indigo aims to satisfy mental munchies with much needed food for thought. We listen to a lot of music, watch sports, appreciate great films, art and food, and smoke a lot of weed.
What we’re looking for:
Young, open-minded writers who are passionate about the arts or sports, have at least 1 year of experience writing for a reputable publication(s), and preferably, but optionally, smoke weed and be based in the LA area. Bonus points for creatives (photography, graphic design, videographers, etc.) We'd like to eventually bring writers onto our team full-time, so that's on the table if our vision is shared and relationship ends up being mutually fruitful.
Type of content we’re looking to curate on our site:
- News, reviews, and editorial pieces in the subjects of music, film, sports, food, cannabis, art, literature, and general popular culture
- Recaps and critiques of events (concerts, parties, games, etc.), restaurants, dispensaries, art exhibits, and other places and happenings in LA
- A few creative reoccurring topic segments
- Photography look-books
Looking for writers to complete 1-2 thought-out and well-written articles per week. Compensation for articles varies depending on quality, experience, and length/depth of article. Quality over quantity is our philosophy and we expect writers to be on that same wavelength.
Please include in your cover letter links to previous work along with the following:
- some of the music, films, and food you've been enjoying as of late,
- your favorite sports teams,
- what you do for fun,
- your relationship or perception of cannabis,
- any questions you have for us
What we're doing is not done well very much across the internet and we're pretty excited about it; as such, we'd like our writers to be as well. Please scroll through our website and, if you share our vision, reach out and mention how you see yourself being a part of our project. Thanks for reading and hope to hear from you soon!
- Sunny and Bradley