I'm looking for someone to setup a "Linode 8GB", the stats on it can be seen here:
I want it to have cPanel installed (I will supply licence) and to be fully configured for php/mysql speed. We don't host many sites but we want them to be as fast as possible, that is why we want to go for the 8GB Linode. All sites are either Wordpress (most), static HTML or Cakephp (these are going to be updated to the latest php7 compatibility version by our developer).
In the past we've had issues on a linode that I don't think was properly setup. This is our current server so you can take a look at it and see if you can diagnose the issues to ensure they don't happen again on the new machine.
A list of tasks would be:
- setup new Linode
- install cPanel
- configure mysql & php for optimal speed for end user website visitors (need extremely fast page load)
- analyse existing Linode to find issues and ensure they are not replicated on the new Linode
- install packages that are required for the websites (git, maybe some php packages, can these be viewed on old Linode?)
- secure Linode as best as possible and provide all access details etc
- ensure log rotation is setup correctly so file system doesn't get filled (had issues with error_log in home directories before)
- transfer all existing sites from the old Linode to the new one and create some blank cPanel accounts for sites we will move in the future:
- 5 empty accounts to create
- 7 cPanel to cPanel accounts in transfer (should be able to go via cPanel import function)
- 1 account requires a manual import as the domain has changed
- perform some checks after 2 weeks, 1 month and 2 months to test the Linode and make sure it is all working correctly
- ideally we would also like to be able to use you in the future for ad hoc server checks/maintenance/fault finding etc
Are there any other things you would recommend that we do as part of this work? Any other ideas you have for making the server and webpage load times fast? Such as optimising http keepalive
or other such things?