Full MEP Design for Canada and US permit submissions.
Providing MPF Services:
- Mechanical HVAC: Design for all A/C systems, Heat Loads Calcs, Ventilation Requirements, Ducting, Piping, etc..
- Sanitary & Drain: Indirect Waste, Direct Waste, Rain Water, Grey & Black Water, Lift Stations, Booster Pumps, Pipe Sizing, Loads Sizing, Riser Diagrams, Equipment Selections, etc..
- Water Supply: Domestic Water, Hot Water, Return Hot Water, Loads Calcs, Pipe Sizing, Equipment Selections, Grey Water, Fertilizer System, Riser DIagrams, etc..
- Gas: Loads Calcs, Piping, Sizing, Riser Diagrams, Propane/CO2 Tanks sizing, etc..
- Fire Protection: Hydraulic Calcs, Piping, Pipe Sizing, Sprinkler Selections, Fire Pumps Selections, Jockey Pumps Selections, Water Storage Tank Calcs, Riser Diagram, etc..
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineer (ASHRAE)
- American Society of Plumbin Engineer (ASPE)
- International Building Code (IBC): IMC, IPC, IFC, IECC
- Uniform Building Code (UBC): UMC, UPC
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA): NFPA 10, NFPA 13/13R/13D, NFPA 20
- US Cities adopted codes with their specific amendments.
- Canada Standards Associations (CSA)
- Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA)
- HAP-Carrier (Heat Loads Calcs)
- WrightSoft Manual JSD (Heat Loads, Ducting and Selection)
- Duct Sizer
- Fire-Elite (Fire Hydraulic Calcs and Pipe Sizing)
- Pipe Flow Expert (Liquid and Gas Networks Calcs)
- Bluebeam Revu
- MS Office
I am Senior Mechanical Design Engineer with 6+ y.o.e in Consultancy, Design and Contracting firms.
Briefly about my daily basis tasks:
- Obtaining worldwide Residential and Commercial projects for full MEP design.
Mainly for USA, Canada and Gulf Countries Projects,
- Attending meeting with clients/owners for project discussion. Preparing Checklist for the project's systems requirements.
- Final submission for the city/county permits approval.
- Design HVAC systems as per IMC, CMC & T24, ASHRAE Standard Code and Canada Code.
Most HVAC Systems I have designed are Gas Furnace, Heat Pumps, Rooftop Units, Fan Coil Units, VRVs, Multi-Zone Units, Chiller & Boiler Systems, Gas Heating/Electrical Cooling Systems, Energy/Heat Recovery Ventilators, etc...
- Design Plumbing Systems as per IPC, UPC, ASPE and CPC. Including Sanitary Systems, Water Supply Systems, Rain Water and Harvesting Systems, Septic Tanks, Grease Interceptors, Gas/Elec. Water Heaters, etc...
- Design Fire Systems as per NFPA-13/13D/13R, NFPA-14, NFPA-96, IFC, CFC and CPC. Including Fire Hydraulic Calculations using Fire-Elite software and CPC Calculations.
- Design Gas Systems serving all gas equipment and appliances as per NFPA-54 and CPC.
- Submit all required drawings for permit such as General Notes, Code Notes and Installation requirements, Design Drawings, Calculation notes, Equipment Selection, and General Details.
- Equipment Selection for Mechanical, Plumbing and Fire systems as per Codes and Energy regulations by City/County.
In addition: I presently work in as Project Manager Engineer in Generators and Fuel Systems deparment.
My tasks are:
- Designing Emergency power diesel generators systems in compliance with CSA B-139 and TSSA new regulations.
- Coordinating with other disciplines to ensure a timely and accurate flow of design. Site inspections to make sure adherence to approved design and quality.
- Support client and internal design reviews. Perform client print reviews and identify necessary changes to drawings.
- Coordinate and visit job site as required, to resolve problems, interpret drawings and documents and provide technical support during the construction phase, and ensure that the contractor is abiding with all the provisions of the contract, and to identify and report variances and recommend corrective actions where necessary.
ACCA Software PriMus
AutoCAD HVAC Loads Calculations
Storm Water Management Model
Fire Protection Engineering
Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing Systems
HVAC System Design