How to hire Xero specialists
Xero specialists can help you balance your books, keep track of suppliers, process payroll, and perform other business accounting tasks.
So how do you hire Xero specialists? What follows are some tips for finding top Xero specialists on Upwork.
How to shortlist Xero professionals
As you’re browsing available Xero consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the professionals you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Technology fit. You want a Xero specialist who understands the different technologies and platforms you wish to integrate with Xero.
- Project experience. Screen candidate profiles for specific skills and experience (e.g., preparing GST returns).
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular Xero specialist.
How to write an effective Xero job post
With a clear picture of your ideal Xero specialist in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a freelancer to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective Xero job post should include:
- Scope of work: From financial reporting to tax preparation, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain accounting tasks or business technologies, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to manage your finances through a single unified ledger in the cloud? Log in and post your Xero job on Upwork today.
XERO SPECIALISTS FAQ
What is Xero?
Xero is a cloud-based SaaS (software-as-a-service) solution for business accounting. Xero features include built-in support for invoicing, preparing 1099s, and generating financial reports.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in Xero consultants:
- Financial analysis
If you’re looking for help working with Xero APIs, look for professionals with a background in web development.
Why hire Xero specialists?
The trick to finding top Xero specialists is to identify your needs. Are you looking for an accountant to help you manage your financial accounting through Xero? Or do you require the help of a developer to leverage Xero APIs to integrate the platform with your online store? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How much does it cost to hire a Xero specialist?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced Xero specialist may command higher fees but also work faster, have more specialized areas of expertise, and deliver a higher-quality product.
- A freelancer who is still in the process of building a client base may price their Xero services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.