How to hire real estate specialists
Real estate specialists can help you research local real estate markets, assist with content marketing, or manage the buying and selling of property.
So how do you hire real estate specialists? What follows are some tips for finding top real estate specialists on Upwork.
How to shortlist real estate professionals
As you’re browsing available real estate consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the professionals you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Type of real estate. You want a real estate specialist who understands the type of real estate you’re dealing with, whether it’s residential, industrial, or commercial.
- Project experience. Screen candidate profiles for specific skills and experience (e.g., researching real estate markets for investment opportunities).
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular real estate specialist.
How to write an effective real estate job post
With a clear picture of your ideal real estate specialist in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for an independent professional to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective real estate job post should include:
- Scope of work: From selling real estate to marketing properties, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, software, or marketing channels, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to find a contractor to help with your real estate project? Log in and post your real estate job on Upwork today.
REAL ESTATE SPECIALISTS FAQ
What is real estate?
The real estate industry covers property made up of land, buildings, and natural resources. Real estate specialists are professionals familiar with the real estate industry and include writers, legal assistants, and real estate agents.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in real estate professionals:
- Real estate
- Types of real estate (e.g., residential, commercial, industrial)
- Content creation (e.g., blogs, videos, podcasts)
- Real estate investing
- Real estate law
Why hire real estate specialists?
The trick to finding top real estate specialists is to identify your needs. You know you need someone familiar with real estate, but do you need a writer, a videographer, a legal assistant, or an actual agent to help with the buying and selling of property?
The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How much does it cost to hire a real estate specialist?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced real estate specialist may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their real estate services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.