What is a real estate virtual assistant?
Using the power of the Internet and today’s computer power, a real estate virtual assistant provides a number of services remotely to a real estate agent or office. Services provided by a real estate virtual assistant may include, but are not limited to, gathering data about properties, filing paperwork, data entry and setting appointments.
How do you hire a real estate virtual assistant?
You can source real estate virtual assistant talent on Upwork by following these three steps:
- Write a project description. You’ll want to determine your scope of work and the skills and requirements you are looking for in a real estate virtual assistant.
- Post it on Upwork. Once you’ve written a project description, post it to Upwork. Simply follow the prompts to help you input the information you collected to scope out your project.
- Shortlist and interview real estate virtual assistants. Once the proposals start coming in, create a shortlist of the professionals you want to interview.
Of these three steps, your project description is where you will determine your scope of work and the specific type of [skill] you need to complete your project.
How much does it cost to hire a real estate virtual assistant?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced real estate virtual assistant may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their real estate virtual assistant services more competitively.
Rates typically charged by real estate virtual assistants on Upwork are:
- Beginner: $5 per hour
- Intermediate: $19 per hour
- Advanced: $90 per hour
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.
How do you write a real estate virtual assistant job post?
Your job post is your chance to describe your project scope, budget, and talent needs. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
Job post title
Create a simple title that describes exactly what you’re looking for. The idea is to target the keywords that your ideal candidate is likely to type into a job search bar to find your project. Here are some sample real estate virtual assistant job post titles:
- Virtual assistant needed for growing real estate office
- Need a remote administrator for my fast-paced real estate practice
- Virtual real estate assistant needed to help find off-market residential property
An effective real estate virtual assistant job post should include:
- Scope of work: From setting appointments to filing paperwork with local municipalities, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, locations, or responsibilities, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Real estate virtual assistant job responsibilities
Here are some examples of real estate virtual assistant job responsibilities:
- Field telephone calls from prospective clients
- Handling documentation of closing and newly available properties
- Setting appointments for agents
- Maintaining an electronic filing system
Real estate virtual assistant job requirements and qualifications
Be sure to include any requirements and qualifications you’re looking for in a real estate virtual assistant. Here are some examples:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience working in an environment handling light phone and email duties
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills