How to hire review writers
Whether it’s for search engine optimization (SEO), for brand awareness, or simply to provide engaging content for your followers, review writers can help you evaluate products and services in your niche.
So how do you hire review writers? What follows are some tips for finding top review writers on Upwork.
How to shortlist review writing professionals
As you’re browsing available review writing consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the professionals you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Industry fit. You want a review writer who understands your industry so they can help you figure out how best to reach your target market.
- Project experience. Screen candidate profiles for specific skills and experience (e.g., reviewing consumer electronics).
- Feedback Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular review writer.
How to write an effective review writing job post
With a clear picture of your ideal review writer in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective review writing job post should include:
- Scope of work: From product reviews to comparison articles, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries or writing styles, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to leverage the content marketing power of well-written reviews? Log in and post your review writing job on Upwork today.
REVIEW WRITERS FAQ
What is review writing?
People value their money and their time, which is one of the reasons they like to get a second opinion on a product or service before they make a purchase. Review writing is the practice of critically evaluating a product or service and compiling those findings into an engaging piece of content.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in review writing professionals
- Review writing
- Content marketing
- Editing and proofreading
Why hire review writers?
The trick to finding top review writers is to identify your needs. Is your goal to find bloggers with large followings you can send your products to for a review? Or are you trying to establish yourself as a voice of authority by reviewing products and services in your niche? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How much does it cost to hire a review writer?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced review writer may command higher fees but also work faster, have more specialized areas of expertise, and deliver a higher-quality product.
- A freelancer who is still in the process of building a client base may price their review writing more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.