Hire the best Book Writers in the United States
Check out Book Writers in the United States with the skills you need for your next job.
- $40 hourlyI've been happily working with words for 30 years as a writer and editor for a variety of clients and in a number of different fields. My Upwork clients have consistently awarded me five stars. I'm also an excellent researcher and can do very in-depth work in that field. For example, I researched Civil War Charleston for a novelist, and researched 300 pages of legal statutes that culminated in four online courses I wrote for an Upwork client (also 5 stars). Following that project, I wrote an online real estate course (with no previous knowledge of the subject) and it was approved by the Florida Real Estate Commission. I work quickly but accurately, which is something to consider when comparing bids. I've also written web copy and marketing copy for numerous companies and individuals. For the educational field, I've produced software manuals, literature guides, test-prep books, five textbooks, a creative writing book, and two 16-page newspaper supplements. I've edited over a hundred fiction and nonfiction books, at least a dozen theses and dissertations, and several memoirs. As a freelancer, I'm always looking for new clients I can assist with any type of editing and writing. I love the work and enjoy helping clients accomplish their goals.Book WritingProofreadingWritingCommentingDevelopmental EditingEditing & ProofreadingError DetectionMicrosoft WordArticle WritingResearch PapersBook EditingEnglish
- $40 hourlyContent Queen | 13 Years of Experience For the last 13 years, I have been helping individuals, publishers and business owners to not only create, but also conceptualize their thoughts and convert them to written content. My wide knowledge of business and technical niches allow me to have a better edge in the market. As a literature graduate, I have developed this crazy patience with the language over time, which has cultivated in me critical attention to diction and grammar, which ultimately benefits my clients. When I take up your project, you can rest assured that I will produce compelling, well edited and polished content ready to publish. Like the many satisfied clients, you will love my work and I have a policy where I give my returning clients a percentage discount based on our previous engagement. It's always a pleasure adding one more client to my growing list and much better if its you.Book WritingAdministrative SupportMarket ResearchCommunicationsSocial Media ManagementHuman Resource ManagementCommunication SkillsWeb DesignProduct DescriptionSales & MarketingStorytellingContent EditingArticle WritingDevelopmental EditingEditing & Proofreading
- $75 hourlyI am a seasoned freelance writer with a wealth of professional experience and a diverse skill set. I hold a Bachelor of Arts in English from Arizona State University and have recently obtained a Digital Marketing Certificate from HubSpot Academy. My writing career spans over eight years, encompassing a wide array of genres, though much of my work has been in the pet care industry. I have authored numerous pet care blog posts, breed profiles, product reviews, and health guides. I bring over 12 years of hands-on experience in the industry as my previous roles have included veterinary technician, kennel supervisor, and pet groomer. I am also actively involved in the dog sport community and regularly compete with my three dogs. I have also written travel and aviation content, though with less frequency. As a certificated pilot, I have been involved in aviation for around five years. I also spent many years managing a non-profit organization in Scottsdale, Arizona that introduces children to aviation and aerospace topics and offers sailplane flight instruction. In addition to my writing capabilities, I possess in-depth knowledge of SEO, ensuring content is optimized for online visibility. I am a diligent and thorough researcher, and am committed to accuracy and credibility in every piece of work I produce. My work consistently meets the benchmark of 100% originality. I am also well-versed in English grammar and experienced with both MLA and APA style guides. With my strong educational background in English, comprehensive writing skills, and extensive experience in both the pet care and aviation industries, I offer a well-rounded perspective in my writing. My expertise extends to SEO and blog development, ensuring that content not only engages readers but also ranks favorably in search engines. I look forward to leveraging my knowledge and skills to help you meet your content goals. If you have any questions about my skills, experience, or availability, please don't hesitate to reach out.Book WritingSearch Engine OptimizationAnimals & PetsGhostwritingBlog WritingBlog ContentNewsletter WritingEbook WritingArticle WritingTravel WritingBlog CommentingArticle SpinningSEO WritingBlog DevelopmentLifestyle & Travel
- $150 hourly***Owner of MysticqueRose Publishing Services, Professional Editor, Award-Winning Book Coach, Self-Publishing Expert*** Let’s create a timeless book that will be passed down from generation to generation! As a TEDx speaker and one of the youngest female self-publishing experts, I help high-performing executives and business leaders combine their unique stories with their wisdom to publish transformational books for global impact. The individuals I work with do more than just add “Author” to their bio. They change the lives of their readers, increase their influence, establish themselves as the certified authority in their industries, and expand their Thought Leadership. Diving deep into your story, experiences, and wisdom, we will conceptualize, validate, and write books that will inspire transformation for generations to come. I look forward to hearing about your impactful book idea and helping you bring it to life!Book WritingBook MarketingBook LayoutFormattingBook EditingPublishingTrack ChangesGoogle DocsError DetectionProofreading
- $70 hourlyMulticultural, meticulous, and memorable describe my unique, passionate approach to online editing/proofreading, blogging, content writing, teaching/tutoring, mentoring, and collaborating. I possess an "All the World's a Stage" study and work history of 16 years + as a teacher, drama coach, choreographer, writer, editor, and scholar in America, Europe, and Asia. In brief, I deliver friendly, honest, punctual, thorough, professional, creative, and inclusive services. As Socrates insisted, “Education is the kindling of a flame, not the filling of a vessel.” Let's ignite the fire and begin our collaborative journey together!Book WritingCreative WritingEditing & ProofreadingSpeech WritingChildren's WritingArticle WritingStory EditingInternal CommunicationsChildren's LiteratureBook EditingTeaching EnglishBeta ReadingEnglish
- $50 hourlyHi! My name is Jen, and I am crazy about all things writing. I am currently a freelance writer, editor, insurance agent, AND stay at home mom to five toddlers under 5 years old! I can write anything that you need in any tone that you are looking for. I am an expert in writing, rewriting and editing any type of content. Please contact me for writing samples - I have many, and would love to share :). I can assure you will be satisfied with my work.Book WritingSales WritingSales & Marketing CollateralSocial Media MarketingReport WritingSEO WritingArticle SpinningChildren's LiteratureResearcherEbook WritingContent WritingSearch Engine OptimizationCreative WritingNewsletterBlog Writing
- $70 hourlyI’m Dr. Amber Robinson, Ph.D., RH(AHG). I have a BS in Journalism, a master's degree in clinical nutrition, and a PhD. in philosophy. I have worked as a journalist, English teacher (I have a lifetime teaching certificate through Missouri DESE), and I am the published author of several mainstream books on aromatherapy and herbalism (see more info on these below). I am also the founder of my own online herbalist school, The Bitter Herb Academy. I have written countless articles for clients and have also ghost-written multiple books for clients. I am an AHG Registered Herbalist, as well as a NAHA Level 2 Professional Aromatherapist. I live on a remote 80-acre homestead where I grow medicinal plants, tend my garden, and raise chickens, sheep, and other livestock.Book WritingProofreadingCreative WritingEbook WritingAlternative MedicineNonfictionNewspaperEnglishContent WritingFeature WritingBlog WritingSearch Engine OptimizationJournalism WritingHealth & Wellness
- $75 hourlyHi, I'm Tina, and I'm an experienced book editor and writer. Quick stats: Years in tech: 15+ Years in web: 7+ Years as a freelance book editor? 6+ Years as a managing editor? 2+ Years writing and improving my craft? 30+ Book edited? 100+ Deadlines missed? ZERO. About my editing/ghostwriting experience: Nonfiction experience: academic, poetry, memoir, business, marketing, health, wellness, fitness, leadership, Christian, self-help, true crime Fiction experience: romance, historical, paranormal, Christian, fantasy, mystery, thriller, suspense, PNR, cozy mystery, dystopian, science fiction My editing style is a mixture of motivational, educational, and objectivity. I will give you honest feedback on your strengths and the areas that need improvement with a clear explanation of why I feel something needs to be polished. And, if necessary, I will provide resource links if I feel you could benefit from additional insight. If you're looking for someone to tear you down, I am not the editor for you. All my comments are constructive, and I often ask questions to understand what your intentions are for certain areas of your manuscript.Book WritingDevelopmental EditingWordPressWeb DevelopmentC#ProofreadingLine EditingCopy EditingHTMLBlog WritingFiction WritingBook EditingEditing & ProofreadingGhostwritingEbook Writing
- $35 hourlySo, you've had that book in mind for years now but never quite gotten around to it. You have a story to tell, or knowledge to share. Writing a book is a task that you don't have the time or patience for, yet you know that what you have to offer is valuable. That's where I come in. I'm a ghostwriter with several years of experience and 25+ books, some of which are published under my own name, some of which are ghostwritten for my awesome clients, and some of which I simply helped get "past the finish line" when the author needed some assistance. I help with shorter pieces too, including blog content, articles, reports and short stories. My job is to write the book or piece that you want, containing your ideas, in your voice, for the audience you want to reach. Your name goes on the cover, and I'm proud to know that I was part of the process. I love books and think the world needs more of them. Everybody has something worth sharing. Think of me as your stage hand - I'll get the stage ready and you'll be the star! Let's put our heads together and get something amazing done.Book WritingGhostwritingGeneral TranscriptionBiography WritingHumor WritingContent WritingWord ProcessingBook EditingBusiness WritingCreative Writing
- $60 hourlyI wear many hats! I am a internationally-respected author and editor available for freelance projects. Native English speaker/writer with master's degree and post-graduate courses. I specialize in working efficiently and have great experience with non-native English speakers. I've got 20+ years of experience in professional work settings across industries including law and justice, computer/business consulting, higher education, and more so you can count on me to be reliable. As a serial entrepreneur, my own areas of professional interest are wide and deep. I've done professional writing from ghostwriting to co-author to my own published works. I won't accept a project I'm not interested in working on with a passion. In addition to writing, I've also produced 15+ Audible audiobooks as a voice-over professional through my other side business, Seahorse Audio Productions. I'm a skilled collaborator and excellent communicator with the flexibility to make your project my top priority.Book WritingGoogle DocsProofreadingWritingKindle Direct PublishingVoice-OverAcademic EditingEnglishResearcher
- $108 hourlyNEWS! 2023 Award Winner and #1 rankings: 🎉 2023 Indie Awards book winner: Savage Marriage (client's book) 🎉 2023 #1 book ranking on Amazon: Peak Financial Fitness (client's book) 🎉 2023 #1 book ranking on Amazon and Ingram: Unchained (client's book) See Portfolio. :o) Dear Prospective Client. YOUR BOOK is your heart and your invaluable legacy. My art, heart, passion, and calling are refining and polishing manuscripts like yours to shine brightly. 🌟 well-seasoned, professional developmental book editor 🌟 multi-published author and writer 🌟 nonfiction specialization: autobiographical, memoir, self-help, inspirational... 🌟 fiction: adult, youth, and children MY VALUES INCLUDE CAPTURING YOUR VISION IN PRINT and working closely with you, chapter by chapter, with skilled excellence, genuine care, and utmost integrity. I can't wait to 'meet' you and hear all about your project! Let's get your book polished and published! PER-WORD FEE is encouraged. Ask me about the cost- and time-saving benefits. Ghostwriting interviews, book-related research, and self-publishing consultation are at my hourly fee. Check out my FAQ, consultation tab, and pre-set project packages. "You've taken my thoughts, my words, my voice and reconstructed them to sound just as I would want it to sound . . . mature, direct, honest, open, . . . Wow . . . Wow . . . Wow . . . You have just edited my writing/feelings into a bestseller. Truly I am in awe and can't believe t my name is attached to this book."—Laurane Simon, author of It's Okay to Be Single PORTFOLIO HIGHLIGHTS 2020-present, Publishing Director & Sr. Developmental Book Editor with EYMP 2012-present, Developmental Book Editor & Ghostwriter with CED 1978- present, Multiple-Published Author and Writer: - Pub. 2021, coauthor: It's Your Life, Enjoy It! - Pub. 2017, author of the 4-book learning adventure series "Let's Go!" starring Booker T. Bear - Pub. 2014, contributing author: It's a God Thing - Pub. 2008, my autobiographical novel: Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep: The Story of Sara - Pub. 2006, author of a piano teacher incentive program adopted by DeVry University - Pub. 1992-present, 19 songs under international contract with CCLI - Pub. articles in Guidepost's Angels on Earth and former Family Connection Magazine AMONG CLIENT REFLECTIONS: "Jen has truly not only been a perfect fit for my project but her sweetness, a light to my life. She made the editing process a beautiful experience which caused me to push my limits and wholly put this book in His hands. She was my midwife to my labor in the moments I just didn't want to push anymore. Looking now at the final product, I know Jen was assigned by God and this baby could not be more beautiful. I am so excited to share with the world what Gorgeous Inside is all about." —Paloma Freeman, author of Gorgeous Inside "Jen Miller did the editing of my book, From Disgrace to Grace. She was very attentive and listened carefully to my heart on the book and its significance of it. She understood how near and dear to my heart this book is. In the sentences or paragraphs that didn't bring out the depth of what I was saying, Jen literally pulled it out of me by getting me to focus on the feelings of the characters. I can't say enough about how she brought to life the people, situations, and pain they went through. It was as though she was telling her own story. She comes highly recommended and I hope that one day we will get to work together again." —Donna Ross, author of From Disgrace to Grace "WOW! Jen, you have taken my manuscript and brought it to life. It's amazing how one can catch the vision and move it forward. You are anointed in what you do and I look forward to working with you again. Thank you!" —Sharon Patterson, author of Confessions of a Daddy’s Girl "Jen, you were a joy to work with. Your sweet spirit made me feel at ease and I cannot wait to work with you in future projects. Thank you so much for putting in your time and creative skills to work on this book. I will recommend you guys to everyone I meet because I am trusting that the same way you treated me . . . they will get the same experience. Thank you again." —Betty Martin, author, of How to Stay Free "Jen, I love and agree with everything you said in your critique. I very much appreciate your wisdom and insight." —Scott Reynolds, author of Journey Deeper "Thank you for all your excellent work. Our publication is enhanced by all your conscientious editing." —Gideon Fujiwara, magazine publisher "My heartfelt thanks to Jen for her excellent work editing our magazine. I am impressed by her extensive work to improve drafts of our English edition. I appreciate that she respected our requests that honor Japanese culture and our faith." —Naoko Ishii, magazine publisherBook WritingStory EditingContent WritingManuscriptContent EditingCoachingCreative WritingGrammar & Syntax ReviewDevelopmental EditingBook EditingGrammarEditing & ProofreadingGhostwritingEnglish
- $60 hourlyNeed quickly written, punchy, exciting content for your website or blog? Need someone to research a variety of topics and provide contextual links? Look no further! I guarantee quick turnaround and exceptional work, and I will not be satisfied until you are completely thrilled with your content! I am passionate about writing and have been doing it for over 16 years, and I have over 12 years of experience in Healthcare. I am an extremely detail-oriented perfectionist and I guarantee that you will love the results you get from me. I work well under pressure and am very punctual with meeting deadlines. I look forward to working with you to help you realize your vision!Book WritingKeyword ResearchMedical WritingContent SEOWritingHealth & WellnessEbook WritingResearcherCreative WritingFact-CheckingContent WritingBlog WritingGhostwriting
- $100 hourlyCOPYWRITING Transform your brand’s story into customer engagement. I specialize in helping clients express their authentic brand identity, instilling confidence in their website, brand, and services. As a result, they effortlessly attract increased revenue and cultivate a thriving, devoted customer base. SOUND LIKE A FIT? Click the green ‘Invite to Job’ button in the top right-hand corner and write me a note. You can also schedule a consult with me. I will get back to you shortly! TRANSFORM YOUR BRAND STORY INTO CUSTOMER ENGAGEMENT Struggling to generate consistent business through your website? My copywriting services have been proven to deliver remarkable increases in conversions. Lacking confidence in your brand's voice and personality compared to competitors? I’ll help you create an authentic brand personality across all channels that will instantly hook your target customer in. Not seeing first-time customers stay loyal fans of your brand? That’s why I specialize in creating compelling copy that draws in customers who are emotionally invested in your business’ lifecycle, fostering long-term engagement and brand loyalty. SOUND LIKE A FIT? Click the green ‘Invite to Job’ button in the top right-hand corner and write me a note. You can also schedule a consult with me. I will get back to you shortly! BOOK EDITING My In-Depth, Personalized, and Proven Editing Approach Do you feel like you lack control & knowledge of the book-writing process? Are you lacking constructive criticism and helpful feedback that lets you know if your book is worth publishing? Do you feel stuck when it comes to improving your book? Do you lack confidence in the ability to turn your story into a sensation? I help many authors articulate their stories in a way that is authentic and intriguing to their target readership. Are you ready to unlock your book’s potential and find your voice? SOUND LIKE A FIT? Click the green ‘Invite to Job’ button in the top right-hand corner and write me a note. You can also schedule a consult with me. I will get back to you shortly! Edited and ghostwritten books for New York Times best-selling authors Worked with a wide range of publishing companies I offer more than just editing… I care about your book’s entire lifecycle and skyrocketing your journey as an author, I help with book blurbs, tips to rank higher on Amazon, marketing, etc. SOUND LIKE A FIT? Click the green ‘Invite to Job’ button in the top right-hand corner and write me a note. You can also schedule a consult with me. I will get back to you shortly!Book WritingSearch Engine OptimizationCopy EditingEditing & ProofreadingCopywritingBlog Writing
- $40 hourlyI am a full-time book editor who specializes in Young Adult, New Adult, and Adult fiction. I am also dabbling in the non-fiction genres and have worked on autobiographies, self-help, and business books. If you would like to work with me, please send me a quick message (I will respond within 1-3 hours). I offer all new clients a *FREE SAMPLE* edit up to one chapter's length.Book WritingNovelFictionGoogle DocsDocument ReviewScientific Literature ReviewStory EditingMicrosoft WordEnglishBlog WritingEditing & ProofreadingCopy EditingLine EditingDevelopmental EditingBook Editing
- $45 hourlyHello! I am Debra Kidder, Certified Online Educator K-16 and co-author of Distance Learning Workbook. Bachelor's Degree in Education, Master's Degree in literature. That is a powerful combination for the writing I did in my two decades in traditional teaching--including an original middle school curricula, volumes of SMART lesson plans, meeting agendas, concert programs, well researched liner notes, formative assessments....by 2018 I was a certified Early Learning Experience University of Connecticut Music teacher, and had my post graduate certificates in Remote Learning K-16 and Educational Leadership. Need to know more about this massive shift to online instruction? I am the writer you want.Book WritingCurriculum PlanLesson Plan WritingCurriculum DesignContent WritingEducational LeadershipBlog ContentEducational TechnologyElearning DesignArticle WritingCurriculum DevelopmentDistance EducationGhostwritingK-12 Online
- $80 hourlyProven leader to develop thoughtful and engaging legal content. A collaborative communicator that is flexible to the needs of clients. Strong analytical skills and data management abilities.Book WritingWebsite CopywritingHealthcare & MedicalEmail CopywritingCopywritingSearch Engine OptimizationEbook WritingSales WritingEssay WritingGhostwritingNews WritingBlog WritingSEO WritingContent DevelopmentContent Creation
- $60 hourlyPLEASE NOTE: I specialize in nonfiction book-length projects. I am a ghostwriter, editor, author, and publisher with a Ph.D. in Literature from the University of Chicago. I have ghostwritten books in the categories of biography, personal memoir, self-help, inspirational, regional travel, cooking, humor, music, art history, business, and technology. Aside from my nonfiction ghostwriting, I am also a historical novelist. My fiction works have been award-nominated and have achieved Amazon bestseller status. My other areas of expertise include manuscript revision, as well as hands-on knowledge of all phases of traditional print, digital, and audio publishing. I have produced multiple ebook, print, and audio editions of my own books and those of my nonfiction clients. In addition to my writing background, I have a strong grounding in business since I spent two decades as a technology consultant and project manager for a number of Fortune 500 companies.Book WritingWritingMarket PlanningGhostwritingGraphic DesignPrint ProductionEbook WritingElectronic PublishingEditing & Proofreading
- $70 hourlyYou already know that stories are an essential part of communicating. Whether you’re trying to win new business, finish your book, or land a dream job, storytelling will shape the outcome. Sometimes, though, figuring out exactly how to tell the right story so your audience will hear it—and respond to it—is hard. That’s where I come in. I’m an experienced writer and editor, and founder of The Writing Desk, LLC. I help my clients deliver powerful, meaningful communications across formats and for a wide variety of audiences. My specialties include writing and ghostwriting, developmental editing, copy editing, line editing, and proofreading, and coaching. I am especially interested in supporting mission-driven businesses and promoting underrepresented voices. Corporate clients hire me to write, edit, and format RFPs, produce compelling web copy, write internal policies, technical manuals, and thought leadership, and compose emails that people will actually read. I partner with B2B and B2C companies in a range of industries, and specialize in education, finance, and technology. I work with writers on book-length and short written projects, including novels, short stories, nonfiction works, and academic articles. As a developmental editor, I’ll work with you on the big picture aspects of your project: organization, development, pacing, themes, dialogue, argument, and more. As a copy/line editor and proofreader, I’ll ensure your writing is squeaky clean. As a ghostwriter, I’ll partner with you on all aspects of getting your book researched, developed, and completed. If you need help building and sustaining productive writing habits, I'd love to work with you. I provide accountability coaching that will enable you to set realistic goals, develop research-driven writing habits, analyze and overcome challenges, and track and measure your progress. The American Society of Training and Development found that regular accountability appointments increase your odds of reaching your goal by up to 95%! Let's work together to get you across the finish line. Whatever project you’re working on, it’s part of your story—I look forward to helping you tell it!Book WritingProposal WritingNonfictionEbook WritingRequest for ProposalBook EditingGhostwritingSocial Media WebsiteResume WritingArticle WritingWeb Content DevelopmentEditing & ProofreadingWriting
- $50 hourlyI have always had an obsession with words. I believe with words, we can not only make a lasting impact on one another, but that mindsets and hearts can shift. And even more importantly, as a teacher as well as a writer, words help educate. I have experience writing from my personal life as well as writing about travel, education, yoga, home décor, exercise, mental health, lifestyle pieces and motherhood. I am an avid traveler and exercise fanatic and feel highly qualified to write about a variety of topics. I have an undergraduate degree from Elon University in elementary education and a masters degree in gifted education from Samford University. I have had articles published at Elite Daily, Mom Babble, Bon Bon Break and Mamalode as well as from numerous jobs using Upwork. To see more of my personal writing please visit lifeofowen.wordpress.com.Book WritingBlog WritingOnline ResearchMemoir WritingAcademic ResearchUS English DialectEssay WritingTopic ResearchLetter Writing
- $45 hourlyMotivated to explore ghostwriting opportunities maximizing my skills as a novel, short story, and feature article writer. Interested primarily in longer works. Also open to explore innovative educational solutions for groups of middle and high school students. Professional Writer, Education Expert and Innovative Leader Adept at writing in a variety of styles as befits the audience. Professional and efficient. Proficient at completing large projects with superior time management and organization skills. Thrive in a high pressure, deadline oriented environment. Adept at leading students to a comprehensive achievement of life and work skills in a Socratic Method. Includes time and project management, organization, critical thinking, precision, writing (both essay and creative), debating and introspection. Fiction and non-fiction Writing Project Management Stakeholder Management Ethical Development Alternative Education Coordination Strategic Planning Relationship Building Performance Monitoring Public Speaking Education Consulting Workshop Presenting Conference Facilitating Completed a spy novel of 10,000 words incorporating theories of ADHD education Initiated and wrote weekly and monthly columns of 500 to 700 words Introduced new programs which directly led to an increase of 20% in student enrollment Managed a $1M budget Managed staff of 20, including assessment and professional development Please contact me with opportunities to explore ghostwriting opportunities for your longer work.Book WritingContent CreationProfessional ToneWritingBookFiction WritingEnglishMysteryThrillerEditing & ProofreadingNovelGhostwriting
- $45 hourlyI am a self-published author of 4 books. And through my writing, editing, and publishing journey, I have picked up many valuable skills. I have an eye for detail, and a love of all things writing. My unique experiences make me exceptional at market research, social media management, knowledge of publishing and writing industry standards, illustration and cover design, and ad campaigns. Before my journey as a writer, I worked as a copy editor and formatted text for both books and websites. I have worked editing all kinds of books, from textbooks and cookbooks to my romance novels, and even fantasy; I am prepared for just about any type of work you can throw at me! I love book cover design and book layout design. I offer a wide range of services to help bloggers, influencers, and small businesses create a name for themselves. Above all, I love meeting people, and hearing about their passions. And my goal is to always elevate my clients' work, stories, and businesses so that they feel like they have something that truly represents their passions.Book WritingRomanceCopywritingWritingEnglishFormattingEmail CopywritingFictionMarketingUS English DialectBlog ContentProofreadingEbook WritingBook
- $75 hourlyDo you ever wish that your favorite English teacher was around to explain a text, revise, proofread, or just plain do some writing for you? Well, here I am! I have 12 years of experience teaching literature, writing, and rhetoric at the high school and university levels. While the nature of my profession tends to limit my audience to my students and my district's administration, the range of my writing practice is quite varied. On any given day I work with students, helping them revise and edit at the sentence level. This daily practice means that I can work with broad strokes you provide or even message detailed elements to produce sound writing for your business. I create sample pieces ranging from poetry to researched essays, and I contribute to district-wide curriculum guides and writing initiatives. The variety of genres I write in affords me comfort in creative writing, constructing blog posts, rack cards, and product or service descriptions. I compose letters of recommendation for colleges and scholarships, much like the daily needs of business letter writing. And, I write lesson plans; many, many lesson plans. Writing lesson plans for my classes translates into instructional design for you and your company. Because I am flexible enough to write in all of these genres, I can write to meet your company's needs also. I am always eager to research, read, and learn new material. I can adapt my style from thank you notes to formal proposals. I am intimately familiar with MLA and APA style guides, I work well with the Chicago style guide, and I am familiar with others as well. I can produce selections in the 1000-2000 word range quickly. Longer writing tasks are welcome.Book WritingContent WritingArticle WritingGhostwritingAcademic WritingCopywritingLiteratureWritingEditing & ProofreadingBlog ContentEnglishEducation
- $40 hourlyI am a reliable and professional freelance editor, writer, and ghost writer. While I work on various kinds of projects, my specialty is children's fiction and nonfiction. EDITING (fiction and nonfiction): I am a qualified editor with a B.A. in English language and literature. I have taught literature and creative writing, and I understand the art of crafting a well-written story. I know from experience writing a book is hard work! It's frustrating when something isn't working, but you're unclear how to fix it. As an editor, I offer these services: - Developmental Editing - Proofreading - Editing (line edits) For fiction projects, I can find and help you fix story-structure problems such as: - Plot holes - Under-developed or inconsistent characters - Pacing issues - Inconsistent tone/style - Poor dialogue - Info dumps - Grammar issues and errors - Typos For nonfiction projects, I'm great at fixing problems such as: - Inconsistent tone and style - Incorrect facts - Poor structure - Grammar issues and mistakes - Typos I always provide thorough feedback that is constructive, helpful, and complete with ideas for how to revise and move forward with the project. FREELANCE WRITING: I offer the following freelance writing services: - nonfiction books - short stories - picture books - chapter books I write all kinds of nonfiction writing. I believe nonfiction writing should be engaging and focus on the correct tone and style for the intended audience. My writing is always delivered ready for publication, free of error, and on time. I love working on nonfiction projects for kids! I enjoy the challenge of creating content that is fun and engaging while also staying factual and packed with information. I am also available to write fiction in a variety of genres, with a specialty in children's literature. I predominately write middle grade (ages 8-12), chapter books, and picture books. GHOSTWRITING: Let me help you write and shape the story you long to put into the world. I believe in the power of stories, and I will listen to your ideas, your voice, your thoughts and help them emerge onto the page as a captivating story. As a Ghostwriter, I offer these services: - Ghostwriting (taking your idea (nonfiction or fiction) and turning it into a polished book or short story that you can self-publish under your own name) - Ghostwriting from an outline - Memoir - Biography - Developmental Editing - Proofreading - Editing ABOUT ME: I'm a 7+ year member of SCBWI (the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators), and I hold a B.A. in English language and literature from Pepperdine University. I am currently in the revision process of a middle grade novel. I am always happy to listen to client ideas and provide a 1-2 page sample of my work at no charge. I would love the opportunity to help you shape your project into a compelling and captivating book that readers will love.Book WritingCommentingBook EditingProofreadingError DetectionBeta ReadingTrack ChangesDevelopmental EditingShort StoryEbook WritingEnglishChildren's LiteratureGhostwritingCreative Writing
- $40 hourly"Ayobamidele's writing skills have been a tremendous asset to our projects, offering a unique blend of creativity and professionalism. His ability to craft engaging content is truly commendable, making him an excellent choice for any writing endeavor." - Irakli Zviadadze, Content Marketing Manager INKIT "Working with Ayobamidele was an enjoyable experience. He consistently delivered well-researched and impactful content that aligned perfectly with our goals. His dedication to quality writing is evident, and I wholeheartedly recommend him for any content-related tasks." Karl Adamsas, Director KDA Holdings pty ltd. In today's competitive landscape, impactful content creation can make all the difference in how your brand connects with its audience. That's where I come in. I specialize in producing captivating written content for individuals, startups, and established businesses. Leveraging the power of language and strategic communication, I am dedicated to creating exceptional content that resonates with your audience, while mitigating challenges and factors that could strain your resources. You need write-ups that your readers can associate with. You need creative and innovative content that will not only show your readers how proficient you are in your field but will also keep them engaged. You need content that will make your readers trust you, always come back to your blog or website, and possibly purchase your products and/or services. Well, I'm here to provide you with such content. I am well-versed in Content Strategy, SEO Optimization, and adept at crafting content across various fields and niches. Experience in adapting to client needs, adhering to deadlines, and maintaining a client-centric approach. Writing Expertise: Blog posts and articles Web content and copywriting Product descriptions Social media content SEO optimization Press releases Newsletters Creative writing and fiction Ghostwriting I'm excited to learn about your vision for elevating your brand's message. Let's work together to unlock your brand's potential through impactful content.Book WritingEnglishCreative WritingProduct PageEditing & ProofreadingWritingAbout Us PageCryptocurrencyArticle WritingCopywritingContent WritingMedia & EntertainmentSearch Engine OptimizationSEO Keyword Research
- $70 hourly***Before messaging me please note I am scheduling projects out by 3-6 months and my standard ghostwriting rate is $0.09 per word*** Hi. My name is Laya. I’m an award-winning, traditionally published novelist, screenwriter, and historian. What that means is I know how to tell a fantastic story. I can make a reader laugh, cry, fall in love, hide under their covers and tremble, or want to punch me. I have an eye for detail that brings the worlds I write to life—whether they’re real or imagined. More than anything, I have passion for what I do and never settle for anything less than my best work. Whether you have material already written, an in-depth, chapter-by-chapter outline, or are still in the development phase, I have the skills to write a book your audience won’t be able to put down. My writing meets the highest professional standards and is always deliciously bingeable. WHAT I WRITE: • Crime Fiction, Thrillers, and Suspense This is my bread and butter. Detective fiction (cowboy cop, hardboiled), police procedurals (police force, FBI), cozy mysteries/amateur detectives, historical mysteries, spy novels, psychological thrillers, forensics, and good old-fashioned whodunits. I'm especially good with anti-heroes. I’m a member of International Thriller Writers and have been working in this genre for years, so I've amassed a lot of resources, including associates who are lawyers, medical examiners, firearms experts, and working detectives. • Romance I will write any genre of romance, but I specialize in historical (Regency, Westerns, etc.), crime and suspense, fantasy, and paranormal romance. I write levels of steam from squeaky clean to very sensual. • Historical Fiction My professional degree is in history. It is also my first love. I know a lot of European, Middle Eastern, American, and Japanese history, from the cradle of civilization through WWII. What I don't know, I'm excited to learn. I love to do research and find those little historical details that really make this kind of fiction come alive. • Fantasy High fantasy, low fantasy, magical realism, historical fantasy, urban fantasy, and paranormal. • Horror Gothic horror, paranormal horror (ghosts and haunted houses, the supernatural, and dark fantasy), non-supernatural horror (fear of the unknown, serial killers), and "bizarro fiction". • Other genres I work in: YA/NA, Memoirs, Biographies, Self Help, Picture Books, Women’s Fiction, Short Stories, Screenplays What I DO NOT write: • Racist or hateful material of any kind. • Graphic rape or child abuse. • Science Fiction • Blog posts • Articles • Erotica What I offer: • Manuscript revision and developmental editing • Outline creation • Original ideas • Compelling characters and fresh plots • In-depth knowledge of the genres I work in, including tropes, themes, and conventions • Delivery is available in PDF, ePub, docx, and Mobi. If another format is desired, I can usually accommodate. • I follow the Chicago Manuel of Style for all projects unless otherwise instructed. What I DO NOT offer: • Proofreading. Message me to get started! My rates: GHOSTWRITING: • $0.09 per word. • Reading fee is $100 per 7k words. • Any client requiring phone/video communication of more than 30 minutes per week will be assessed a $70 per hour consultation fee. CREDITED WRITING: • Send me a message. BETA READING, CAREER and MANUSCRIPT CONSULTATIONS • Beta reading is $75 for up to 3.5k words. This includes line comments and a separate reader report, including answers to your specific questions. Projects longer than 14k are always discounted. Message me for more information. • I offer a free 15 minute phone or video consultation for potential clients, then my standard consultation fee is $70 an hour.Book WritingCreative WritingBook EditingWritingDevelopmental EditingProofreadingFiction WritingResearcherGhostwritingHistoryEbook WritingEbookNovel
- $45 hourlyWords are like currency. When you have them and in the right values, you can purchase anything you want. As an experienced writer, editor, and proofreader, I know how to turn less into more. I’m an expert at helping others transform their ideas (words) into their story. I have a seasoned background in the following: • Women’s Fiction • Children’s and Young Adult writing • General Fiction • Coaching: fiction, poetry, expository, memoir • Story structure and development • Editing and proofreading In 2006, I established Boot in the Door Publications and released several books under the names Lesa Boutin and Lesa Howard, and I can help you get your boot in the door by converting your currency (words) into fulfilling expressions of your ideas.Book WritingBeta ReadingStorytellingFiction WritingProofreadingBook EditingStory EditingBeta Reader ReportEbook WritingMysteryCreative WritingFiction
- $40 hourlyProfessional Summary Highly experienced Teaching Professional with a strong dedication to the total development of children. Qualifications * Managing classroom for diverse populations * Proficient in the use of a SMARTboard * Active participation in leading the National Junior Honor Society * Expertise in ELAR/ESL and Speech Communications * Excellent classroom management and organizational skills. * Helped facilitate and grade writing benchmarks for placement. * Prepared students for English I/II STAAR Testing in class and on Super Saturday Sessions * Helped prepare English III & IV students for college through essay writing, research papers, and literature * Prepared Advanced Placement Students for the AP Exam * Lead class both in person and enabled students to participate through CANVASBook WritingCopy EditingLine EditingRomanceContent EditingCosmeticsStorytellingUS English DialectPhysical FitnessHealth & FitnessFiction WritingEducationBlog ContentGhostwritingContent Writing
Want to browse more freelancers?Sign up
How hiring on Upwork works
1. Post a job (it’s free)
Tell us what you need. Provide as many details as possible, but don’t worry about getting it perfect.
2. Talent comes to you
Get qualified proposals within 24 hours, and meet the candidates you’re excited about. Hire as soon as you’re ready.
3. Collaborate easily
Use Upwork to chat or video call, share files, and track project progress right from the app.
4. Payment simplified
Receive invoices and make payments through Upwork. Only pay for work you authorize.