How to hire file management specialists
File management specialists can help you keep your files organized in accordance with internal document control policies and standards.
So how do you hire file management specialists? What follows are some tips for finding top file management specialists on Upwork.
How to shortlist file management professionals
As you’re browsing available file management consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the professionals you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Industry fit. You want a file management specialist who understands your industry so they can help you figure out how best to reach your target market.
- Project experience. Screen candidate profiles for specific skills and experience (e.g., managing the document lifecycle for QA documents such as nonconformance reports).
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular file management specialist.
How to write an effective file management job post
With a clear picture of your ideal file management specialist in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a freelancer to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective file management job post should include:
- Scope of work: From file directories to documenting lifecycle procedures, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries or document control systems, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to organize your company documents with a file management system? Log in and post your file management job on Upwork today.
FILE MANAGEMENT SPECIALISTS FAQ
What is file management?
File management is the practice of organizing computer files within a file directory. File management specialists can help you store, manage, and track company documents.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in file management professionals:
- File management
- Document control
- Administrative support
Why do you want to hire file management specialists?
The trick to finding top file management specialists is to identify your needs. Is your goal to find a virtual assistant to help you keep all your forms, reports, and other documents organized within an internal file directory? Or do you need something more specific, such as experience managing the document control and versioning of engineering drawings with Solidworks PDM? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How much does it cost to hire a file management specialist?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced file management specialist may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A freelancer who is still in the process of building a client base may price their file management services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.