I’m looking for a dedicated virtual assistant for (hopefully) long term engagement. It will start off as a part-time 20-hour per week position and after a period of assessment, will grow to a full-time position.
You will essentially be an extension of me and will handle many of the tasks that I do. I am based out of London, and run a startup as my job and organize large scale professional events (networking, speaker panels, conferences, dinners) on the side. I am very passionate about the tech entrepreneurship space so being interested or knowledgeable in the topic is desirable but not required. Having a smartphone, either Android or iPhone, would be a great plus as I may have you try out different apps. Previous event planning and personal admin experience would also be appreciated.
You are a super-savvy Internet user who knows the best sites to gather information and is an organizational whiz. You are a quick learner and work well without constant supervision. You’re a multitasker who’s able to handle several projects simultaneously. You are a master of efficiency and guru of productivity. You speak and write English well, and professional enough to be client facing.
You’re a great communicator and will ask questions when anything is unclear. You’re a proficient user of MS Office Suite, Google Drive, Google Hangouts/Skype, and Photoshop. You are ambitious, growth driven, and seek to complete assignments to the highest standards.
For the part-time duration of the engagement, you are able to work between the hours of 5-9am GMT London time.
- Drafting email templates including networking followups, event invites, etc
- Scheduling meeting times and maintaining my schedule
- Compile and polish presentations
- May occasionally join meetings and take notes
- Transcribing interviews and podcasts
- Daily maintenance of website
- Maintain a handbook or wiki of tasks that you perform
- Help me with personal tasks like researching/booking restaurants, travel, online ordering, and even filing taxes
Marketing & Relations:
- Setting up Eventbrite event pages
- Creating brochures and other event marketing materials
- Researching and contacting venues for events
- Researching and contacting project sponsors
- Researching and contacting event speakers
- Managing distribution of content via email marketing, posting to Facebook groups, Twitter, and event pages.
- Gather data and research on blog topics in technology and entrepreneurship
- Researching contacts and speaker bios and compiling personnel briefs
- Research competitor products and offerings
- If you have a smartphone, I will have you try out some apps and record your experience
- Conduct surveys and interviews of users
- Managing the communication between me and my tenants and ensuring that issues are resolved.
- Handling new tenant applications and credit checks
If interested, please respond to this post with your CV and answer the following in your cover letter: what's your new years resolution?
Tools used (proficiency desired but if not I can train you, except in Photoshop):
Gmail, Google Drive (File Sharing, Docs, Sheets, Slides), Photoshop, Google Hangouts, Skype, Trello, Slack, MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)