Would you be interested in writing a short (approx 800 words) blog post about a topic in the accounting/law/regulation arena based on an existing paper academic paper?
Below are the overall guidelines for the blog post:
• Deadline: 7 to 10 days after project agreed.
• Length: 800-1000 words.
• Audience: corporate heads and executives in all different areas of activity, professionals and professional bodies, academics, students, not-for-profit organisations.
• Language: Simple, direct and jargon-free language.
- Need to suggest journalistic title for blog post.
• What to avoid: repeated words, acronyms (don’t use them to avoid repeating words; they block the flow of the text), capital letters (unless strictly necessary), expressions in Latin; overusing adverbs. Basically, the Economist’s style guide http://www.economist.com/styleguide/introduction.
• Evidence: If necessary, add links, numbers, graphs, tables, illustrations, etc. - “show, don’t tell”.
• Citations: Use open access links.
• First person: Use the voice of their paper author - leave first person references, such as “my/our research”, “I/We believe”. Use a more conversational tone.
• You may find this useful: How to write a blog post from your journal article in 11 easy steps
- Previously published with HBR, Economist, etc a strong plus