One of Sweden’s fastest growing media companies is seeking an English Editor to join its thriving young, dynamic, and talented team of professionals.
Nyheter365’s Newsner site, launched just over a year ago, has in a brief time grown from a small project, to Sweden’s largest viral site and the third largest mobile site on the KIA-index, with over 2 million unique visitors a week. This year, it grew to Sweden's third largest publisher on Facebook following Aftonbladet and Expressen, according to survey company Storyboard.
Our international Newsner sites, which among others are available in Spanish and English, have also exponentially grown since their inceptions. Their expansion, along with our continued investment in international markets, continues at a rapid pace.
As competition intensifies, we believe that we must further develop what we are good at. We must become even better at data-driven analytical journalism. We recognize how courage and guts are behind much of our success, and constantly test out new, ambitious ideas.
In order to finance our growth, we also continue to be a leader in developing new advertising opportunities, particularly in native advertising.
To help take our next bold steps in a rapidly changing media world, we are seeking an exceptional English Editor who would love to help make Newsner English a leading viral site across the entire English speaking world, with a focus on North American and UK audiences. The person we seek is also able to work with our native advertising campaigns from the English world, where analytical skills and excellent customer relations are essential.
We are looking for:
• A native English speaker or equivalent, both spoken and written. These additional languages may be considered strong assets: Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Finnish, Portuguese, French, and German. Please note that your language skills may be put to a written test.
• Enjoys working in groups, as teamwork and cohesion is the cornerstone of everything we do.
• Talented writer able to work through a high speed and intense environment, juggling several deadlines at a time.
• Is humble and always prepared to re-examine traditional ways of doing journalism, seeking new creative ways of working.
• Has a passion for and extensive understanding of social media, especially Facebook. It's a big plus if you are great with headlines and maintain a keen eye on the viral world.
• Passionate about engaging readers with compelling content.
• Takes initiative and is prepared to take on responsibility. At the same time, you don’t hesitate to take on tasks outside your normal working area. You are versatile and can keep up with an industry in which much can change.
• Very good knowledge in Sports, especially in the area of football (soccer). A big plus if you have been writing for a sports site, blog or such.
Newsner is one of the few major independent players in the Swedish media market in rapid growth. We are 30 passionate and ambitious media professionals sitting in modern premises in central Stockholm. Our annual sales are of approximately SEK 60 million.
Please apply as soon as possible. We are constantly processing applications, with the appointment to be filled as soon as possible. Positions are full-time and permanent, with a six-month probationary period.