Hello, I'm a couples therapist working in Istanbul. I'm 36 years old, and my main interests include movies, video games, long walks on the beach and not knowing a single thing about how to start introducing myself.
To cut a long story short, I became a psychologist because I come from a shattered family myself. I know full well what happens behind closed doors, and I'm prepared to help you deal with all of it. While it may sound bold, I do mean, "all" of it. Working as a couples therapist, I had to learn hard and fast, that pretty much everything can come up as a relationship issue between couples.
I've learned about Gottman Couples Therapy Method back in 2010 during a summer school class in college, and suffice to say it was the answer I was looking for, both as an individual and as a psych major. (I was carrying around a lot of family drama back then.)
I've started working as a therapist in 2014, with the clients who were assigned to me during my supervision process. After completing my mandatory 120 hours, I've started getting clients who heard about me from their friends. I've used word of mouth as my main method of publicity, and I've discovered that I do not need much else, as I started to get a steady amount of clients starting 2017.
Nowadays, I'm trying to explore working with other cultures, trying to see how global Gottman Couples Therapy really is. (Spoiler alert, it is a tried and true method regardless of your country.) I can work in Turkish or in English depending on your needs.
Starting with the pandemic in 2020, online therapy became much more common and successful compared to what it was before. As a therapist who is accustomed to working online, I can help you with variety of issues you need help with, such as:
- Anxiety. Whether it is related to your job, schoolwork or even if it has been a lifelong companion of yours, I can help you reduce the effects to manageable levels in a short amount of time. (8 to 10 weekly sessions.)
- Anger Management. A problem often encountered during couples therapy, I can help you take control back from your anger, and place it firmly in your hands.
- Family Issues. (Or in clients' words, "Daddy/Mommy issues" or "Shitty parents") No matter what kind of horrors that keeps you down, I've either lived through it, or treated it, or drowned in reading research/case study papers about it.
- Self Esteem Problems. Often a by-product of the issue listed above, regardless of the cause, I'm here to help you improve your self esteem.
- If you have something that is not listed above, feel free to still contact me, as I have training in dealing with Trauma and the aftermath as well.
So lets move on to my bread and butter, something that is known as: "Hi, my relationship broke and I really like getting laid!"
As you might have guessed by now, I'm not exactly the most serious kind of therapist out there. Therapy, and especially couples therapy is heavy work, mentally and emotionally, and I'm a firm believer in having my clients leave the therapy room with something positive. While the description may sound ridiculous, it is something that is put more eloquently by Gottman Method. "Every couple wants more sex, and less fighting."
My journey in Gottman Method started back in 2013, right after my graduation. I've received training in the last level, which is level 3, in January 2023. I've had plenty of time to hone my skills and how to approach issues, and I'll gladly share the secrets of happy couples with you.
If you are not a part of a happy couple, I can help you deal with the most common relationship problems and solutions described by Gottmans, such as:
- Flooding, which is being overwhelmed by emotions.
- Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, the behaviors that eventually lead to a break up, which are described as: Criticism, Defensiveness, Contempt and Stonewalling.
- Creating a Sound Relationship House: Teaching you the skills learned from the people who attended the "Love Lab" of Gottmans, who are considered as the "masters of relationships." Helping you in relationship areas such as creating shared meaning, trust, commitment and many more.
If you are a part of a happy couple, I'll be honored to listen and learn from your experiences, and show you a few pointers along the way.
I've got plenty of tools gathered from my training in Gottman Couples Therapy method. For example, in a couples therapy session, I'll be providing you with tests designed to show me the most problematic areas, and I would then be able to show you the strengths and weaknesses of your relationship. Currently, I'm on my certification step, so if you can help me with that, I can help you with the price. (Details can be discussed in private.)
Don't be afraid to contact me about any and all questions you might have regarding your relationship, because if I attempted to list everything I've seen so far, the 5000 character limit of this description would surely be not enough.