Hi - I need help to develop a basic understanding of the residential care facility (RCF) market in the United States. This refers to single family homes that are converted into care facilities for 4-8 (or more) elderly individuals who need long term, supervised care. They are "in between" assisted living facilities and nursing homes.
Some specifics I'm looking for - this can be done in powerpoint or word, ideally with some basic charts and bullet points to see main points:
- size of the overall residential care facility market in the US, and in the state of California
- growth - recent and projected
- regulations and local zoning rules to be aware of (don't need specifics for each market, just what one needs to be generally aware of)
- fragmentation/consolidation trends in the market - is this mostly mom and pop type small businesses? or do any companies own multiple homes for this?
- the economics of how these work - range of fees paid by residents, typical costs, general profitability - all of the factors one must understand to build a business plan
--- this is an important section - really want to understand the "nuts and bolts" of how one models the financials for an RCF
- typical risks and how one mitigates these
- basics of how these are generally marketed to families, or to elderly individuals
- any general overall market trends to be aware of in this area