I run a growing blog where we purchase news related articles from writers and post them to the website. What is needed is someone that can manage this process for us.
The VA should be able to follow simple directions to order articles, have great editing skills, able to post articles to Wordpress website, add an appropriate image, then save as draft. I will provide a list of the articles to be ordered each week for the VA. They will post the job request to a writing site we use, then follow up and through to ensure the articles are written and posted on our website.
Example Work Flow:
1. Check list of articles to be written (ordered)
- Access to the list will be provided
- Will have a short title & link to news story
- When there are articles to be ordered go to Step 2
2. Open iwriter.com
- Click Get Content
- Left column, click "Load Previous Project Data"
- This preloads our special instructions for writers
- Re-title the project to the date & number of articles ordered
- Replace the keywords with the new articles from Step 1
3. Create tiny urls for each article & place in keyword space
Former Marine - http://tinyurl.com/hj8mc7u
BLM Police BBQ - http://tinyurl.com/jnqoggn
Physicist Cancer - http://tinyurl.com/jkwmgdp
- One article per line
- You will grow a list of preferred writers, then tag them for jobs
- Submit once complete
- I will keep the account loaded with funds to cover the jobs
4. Once an article is finished, you will need to read it to see if it is acceptable
- If it isn't, then reject and another writer will write the article
- If it is, then accept and move to the next step.
- The article may not be perfect and need you to tweak here and there.
5. Load each completed article to our wordpress site as a post.
- Login to wordpress site
- Click add new post
- Drop a title
- Copy and Paste content
- Place a featured image that is 950x500px
- Also place the image at the end of the content, full size and centered
* Great graphic skills not needed, just a relevant image found in google search about the topic
* you can use a simple resizing tool like this below. It is free and web based.
I've done this myself all year and have an excellent idea how long each job will take, so your first few assignments will be a test to see how quickly you work and test your quality. If you are delaying or the quality of work is lacking, then it will be next person up until we can find someone we can trust that can get the job done.
This isn't a tough job, but one that is important to our future growth. You will work directly with me and can reach out for assistance or with questions any time. Once I'm available I will get the job done.
If you are applying, then on your cover letter, please lead with NO BS, so I know you are a person that pays attention to details and might be the right person to work with moving forward.
The job is listed as 1 to 3 months, but could be an indefinite position for the right person.
Thank you for your time and consideration