Only experienced transcribers apply. We are paying a premium rate and expect a premium experience.
We are looking for transcription of videos for use in a Psychology B course. There are roughly 224 videos that need transcription and the total minute count of those 224 videos is 1,047 minutes.
We will be placing these videos and caption files in Kaltura. Kaltura requires a .SRT file to be uploaded as the captioning. Information on closed captioning can be found here, and a variety of tools and methodologies are listed. http://videohelp.cit.cornell.edu/captioning-videos/
Regardless of what methodology is used, we have the following requirements:
1. All transcription files must be in the .SRT format and must load accurately into Kaltura.
2. All transcription files must be named as the video name with the .SRT extension. XXX.SRT where XXX is the original name of the video.
3. All transcription must include accurate punctuation, spelling, and capitalization. We have found that automated transcription does not provide accurate punctuation or capitalization.
4. Transcription files for the first 5 videos must be uploaded and approved before continuing with the remaining 119 videos. These videos will be checked for accuracy and compatibility with Kaltura.
5. After the initial batch of 5 videos is approved, the remaining videos will be due by specific due dates. These dates are included below by unit as seen in the attached graphic.
6. After each batch a random selection of videos will be audited and the batch will be accepted and payment made appropriate to the work complete (By minute)
The worker needs to be a native English speaker and use proper punctuation.
Pay is per minute of video, not time spent transcribing.