What is Unity 3D?
Unity 3D is the popular name for the cross-platform game engine developed by Unity Technologies that supports both 2D and 3D design for video games, augmented reality (AR) apps, and virtual reality (VR) apps.
How do you hire a Unity 3D developer?
You can source Unity 3D talent on Upwork by following these three steps:
- Write a project description. You’ll want to determine your scope of work and the skills and requirements you are looking for in a Unity 3D developer.
- Post it on Upwork. Once you’ve written a project description, post it to Upwork. Simply follow the prompts to help you input the information you collected to scope out your project.
- Shortlist and interview Unity 3D developers. Once the proposals start coming in, create a shortlist of the professionals you want to interview.
Of these three steps, your project description is where you will determine your scope of work and the specific type of Unity 3D developer you need to complete your project.
How much does it cost to hire a Unity 3D developer?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions. Learn about the cost to hire a Unity 3D developer.
How do you write a Unity 3D development job post?
Your job post is your chance to describe your project scope, budget, and talent needs. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
Job post title
Create a simple title that describes exactly what you’re looking for. The idea is to target the keywords that your ideal candidate is likely to type into a job search bar to find your project. Here are some sample Unity 3D job post titles:
- Unity 3D developer needed to build a first-person adventure game for PC
- Seeking a Unity 3D artist for character design
- Unity developer needed to build environments for VR
Unity 3D project description
An effective Unity 3D job post should include:
- Scope of work: From video games to virtual environments, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain developer tools or types of games, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Unity 3D job responsibilities
Here are some examples of Unity 3D developer job responsibilities:
- Develop 3D game systems, models, and environments with the Unity game engine
- Transform design specifications into video game elements and features
- Write clear, maintainable, and testable code that meets project requirements
- Collaborate with artists, designers, and developers to build Unity-powered video game content
Unity 3D job requirements and qualifications
Be sure to include any requirements and qualifications you’re looking for in Unity 3D developers. Here are some examples:
- Game development
- 3D design, modeling, and animation tools (e.g., Maya, Blender)
- Working knowledge of Unity 3D engine and game development platform
- Proficiency with Unity Test Framework and NUnit
- Platform-specific expertise (e.g., Windows, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, iOS, Android)