How to hire business coaches
Feeling overwhelmed? Setting goals but not seeing the results you’re looking for? Wish you had someone to talk to and motivate you to grow your business? These are all signs you might need to hire a business coach.
So how do you hire business coaches? What follows are some tips for finding top business coaches on Upwork.
How to shortlist business coaching professionals
As you’re browsing available business coaching consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the contractors you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Industry fit. You want a business coach who understands your industry so they can understand your challenges and help you reach your goals.
- Project experience. Screen candidate profiles for evidence of business success.
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular business coach.
How to write an effective business coaching job post
With a clear picture of your ideal business coach in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective business coaching job post should include:
- Scope of work: From business coaching to content generation, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience working with certain industries or software, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to get motivated and grow your business? Log in and post your business coaching job on Upwork today.
BUSINESS COACHES FAQ
What is business coaching?
Business coaches motivate entrepreneurs and professionals to set goals, face fears, and focus on personal growth. They can serve as an accountability partner to ensure you stay on the path to achieve your goals.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in business coaching consultants:
- Business coaching
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Motivational speaking
- Industry-specific expertise (e.g., digital marketing, social media management)
Why hire business coaches?
The trick to finding top business coaches is to identify your needs. Do you personally need help formulating growth strategies that will allow you to reach your business goals? Or are you in the self-help and coaching space yourself and could use some business coaches to assist in the creation of content, products, or services? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How much does it cost to hire a business coach?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced business coach may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their business coaching services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project. Have a brilliant business idea in mind? But not sure how much money will it take to bring your idea to life? Upwork's Free Startup Cost Calculator can help you estimate the cost required to set up a Startup business