Basically, we need to summarize earning reports for real estate companies in US.
- Real estate knowledge: under basic real estate concepts (NOI, occupancy, cap rate)
- Efficiency: can complete task in about 1-2 hours per report
- Timeliness: report complete within 24 hours of earnings release
The steps are as follows:
- Read the entire transcript or listen to call
- Highlight the important information - leasing metrics, financial metrics, development and acquisition pipeline, market-related info
- Highlight anything related to these markets: Houston, Austin, Phoenix, Charlotte, Tampa, Miami, Jacksonville, Orlando, or Atlanta
- Highlight any comments from the Q&A section that speak to overall real estate markets
- summarize into an email (shouldn't be more than 10 bullets for the call section and 10 bullets from the Q&A section)
If job is done well, this will be a quarterly job. There are 7 companies to do earning report summaries for, meaning 28 reports per year.