Hire the best AP Style Writers in the United States
Check out AP Style Writers in the United States with the skills you need for your next job.
- $35 hourlyEvery project deserves story-driven outreach. I offer editing and post-production services to organizations still finding their voice in today's media landscape. Engaging videos and immersive podcasts are often only available to those who can fund large teams of in-house creators — and I want to change that. Whether you're an artist looking to edit a Kickstarter video, a researcher who needs game cam footage to shine for social media, or a teacher ready to start a podcast, I can guide you through the budget-conscious production process. I build narrative-driven, documentary-style content for educators, scientists, and community advocates. As a producer, I’m often in the position of editing voices different from my own, so I work closely with you during the production process to ensure I edit accurately and sensitively. I've worked on projects that highlight: - Climate change - Science education - Ecology - Alaska life - Arctic issues - LGBTQ stories - Cross-cultural collaborations I’ve worked with artists and researchers both as a producer and as a fellow artist/research assistant. I aim to keep the production process transparent for when you're ready to take the reins on content creation. Send me a message and let's build your story together. - Kel (any pronouns, agender)AP Style WritingPodcastCopy EditingAdobe AuditionAudio Post ProductionError DetectionPodcast ProductionVideo EditingAdobe After EffectsAdobe Premiere Pro
- $65 hourly👍 15 Years of high-level copywriting experience ✔ 👏 More than 20,000 people see or hear my copy every day ✔ 🙌 Producer & scriptwriter of more than 2,000 newscasts at 4 television stations ✔ 👌 25+ entities have used my writing for events, services, artists, & athletes ✔ ✨Emmy Award winner ✔ Does your copy get people to take action?🤷♂️ Mine does because I've been expertly trained to strike emotion.✍ Customers crave connection. 🔏 They won't buy from you if they don't connect with you.😮 I get people to say "Yes!! I definitely need that! And wow! that company is super cool!"💙 🔥Here are a few things I’m extremely good at🔥 🔹 Website copy that gets into the mind of the customer 🔹 Social media posts that get people to share and engage 🔹 Emails that leave readers wanting more 🔹 Blog posts that are easy and fun to read and get SEO results 🔹 Writing ongoing newsletters that people want to read to the very end 🔹 Google or short-form ad copy that gets clicks 🔹 Video scripts that demand attention 🔹 Working closely with companies that want to take on new types of projects 🔹 Providing customers with free expert advice 🔹 Having a positive, easy-to-work-with attitude ⚡Here's a list of things I can write for you, I can also make your existing versions better🔧 📑News Articles 📑Newsletters 📑Press Releases 📑SEO-Focused Blog Posts 📑Sales/Promotional Emails 📑Website Copy 📑Various Online Ad Copy 📑Social Media Ad Campaigns 📑Social Media Account Management 📑Short Video Scripts 📑Video Commercial Scripts 📑Voice Overs/Voice Over Scripts 📑Short Training Video Scripts 📑Advertorials 📑Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) 📑Proofreading/Editing 📑Video Productions Thanks for reading! I'm Wes, I write professional-grade copy that focuses on selling or telling stories about products and services. One of the main reasons I'm such a powerful writer is because I am responsible for writing and producing a daily newscast Monday through Friday that is watched by tens of thousands of people in the highly competitive San Francisco Bay Area market. My 15 years of news writing has developed my extensive vocabulary which is full of active, action-taking words that are meant to move people and keep them watching or reading. I am very good at getting people to take action by using only a few choice words. My experience as a journalist allows me to easily find new ways or new stories that can be used to market your product or service. I have an incredible talent for ingesting the story of a product, why it is important to customers, and retelling that faster and more effectively. I have also been trained to work under the most intense of daily deadlines. That means I can most likely get your project done faster than other copywriters. I understand the importance of words and how quickly using the wrong ones can make potential customers run away. I have no doubt I can bring the same enthusiasm you have for your company into the few, very critical words you have to represent it. So, let's make sure your copy is great copy, and let's make money! I can write copy for ANY type of company or topic but I specialize in areas that I am passionate about or are my personal hobbies: 📰News/Politics 🎼Music/Musical Instruments/Recording/Engineering/Mixing 🚴♀️Fitness/Exercise/Nutrition ⚽Sports 🏄♂️Extreme/Outdoor Sports 🕺Men's Clothing/Shoes 🔨Home Improvement/Construction/Agriculture 📺Television/TV Production ======Reasons Why You'll Love Working With Me====== ✔ Highly organized, and pays attention to every detail ✔ Outstanding ability to use words to capture attention, emotion, shock, or surprise ✔ Great judgment on what aspects/features make something marketable, unique, or interesting ✔ Ability to write/copy edit quickly when deadlines are a major factor ✔ Strong decision-making abilities, often tasked with making quick, critical decisions ✔ Strong leadership and communication skills, used to being in leader-type roles ✔ Dynamic problem solver, able to work through problems alone, or with a team ✔ Never afraid to try a new approach, new ideas, or to start over on a project to make it better ✔ Always shows respect for others, and has a friendly, encouraging, and motivating quality ✔ Willing to travel, and work non-traditional hours ✔ Can alter schedule on very short notice 🙌Let me be a part of your next project!AP Style WritingSEO WritingBlog WritingNews WritingDigital MarketingCover Letter WritingPress Release WritingSales Funnel CopywritingEmail CopywritingCopy EditingCopywritingNewsletter Writing
- $50 hourlyI am a Colorado native, and for the past several years, I've been a freelance writer. Before becoming a full-time writer, I worked in fields ranging from healthcare to taxes to politics. Regardless of the position I held, I ended up the person asked to write and edit all of the high-stakes content. I am a quick study; I can learn highly complicated concepts and present them so that your target market is compelled to action. I have helped companies change their tone to more professional, more fun, or more polished, depending on their marketing objectives. I have ghostwritten columns for different business-related websites, managed blogs that needed an SEO upgrade, and breathed life into technical, uninspiring content. No matter the industry, content never need be dull. The English language is one of the most fascinating languages in use, and there is no excuse for its misuse. So if you need versatile, natural writing by a writer who is a detail-oriented editor and loves to nerd out on grammar when the occasion arises, contact me. I will make the complex sound simple, and the simple sound exciting.AP Style WritingNewsletter WritingPress ReleaseWritingContent EditingCopy EditingNonfictionArticle WritingSearch Engine Optimization
- $38 hourlyCommunicative and confident copy editor, proofreader, and writer with 5 years of experience and an eye for detail. Eager to provide quick turnaround times and quality edits for a cooperative team. Received 100% positive ratings and job success on Upwork (delivered 50+ projects).AP Style WritingCopywritingBlog WritingArticle WritingContent EditingPoetryProofreadingChicago Manual of StyleCreative WritingNonfictionEnglishBlog ContentSearch Engine OptimizationFrench
- $150 hourlyI have extensive experience conducting analyses in R, SPSS, AMOS, JASP, and jamovi. I also use R for visualizations, and can make R Shiny apps. I am experienced with descriptive statistics, t-tests, correlations, regression (linear, multiple, logistic, lasso, etc.), ANOVA, mediation, moderation, principal components analysis, factor analysis, structural equation modeling, discriminant analysis. I also can create a wide range of figures (e.g., box plots, bar charts, heatmaps, histograms, scatter plots, biplots, etc.), depending on what is required. My interests and previous experience include -omics research (e.g., metabolomics, lipidomics, etc.), psychology, cognitive neuroscience (including a lot of EEG data), and sports analytics. I have a Ph.D. in psychology, and currently work in statistics.AP Style WritingData AnalysisIBM SPSSMathematical ModelingBayesian StatisticsAcademic WritingRStatisticsScientific ResearchAnalyticsData VisualizationStatistical AnalysisQuantitative Analysis
- $60 hourlyI have more than 11 years of experience writing for content management agencies, corporate communications, higher education, newspapers, and additional media. I am a versatile, SEO-friendly writer ready to take on your next project.AP Style WritingContent DevelopmentAcademic Content DevelopmentFundraisingCommunicationsInternal CommunicationsProofreading
- $75 hourlyI'm pretty decent at this nebulous craft called writing. Hire me and hopefully you'll agree with glee. Not a poet, but when it comes to sports, business/investing, entertainment and pop culture, I know it! I possess six years of award-winning experience writing professionally in these areas as a freelance writer, reporter, and editor. I write articles and can be YourDude for YouTube scriptwriting as well! When not strengthening my writing by producing articles or mind via a good book, I enjoy lifting weights, lifting poles to catch fish, lifting spirits with a good joke/comedy and following professional sports.AP Style WritingArticle WritingFeature WritingBusiness AnalysisContent WritingSearch Engine OptimizationWritingWebsite ContentArticleBlog WritingCopywritingSEO WritingReviewEnglishScriptwriting
- $45 hourlyMy family jokes that my blood runs black with ink. And, yes, I'm a member of the grammar police. Writing and editing/proofreading have been my bread and butter for more than 30 years during my career in newspapers, freelance, and online venues. I also have a blog for book reviews. Skills include: * Results-focused writer, editor, and proofreader with experience as a newspaper reporter and editor, and lead writer/editor, including content development, SEO, training, and people management * Successful planning, writing, and editing content for small, medium, and large-scale print and online projects * Positive edit completion of more than 20 ebooks * Ability to work collaboratively or independently in fast-paced environments with shifting priorities * Proficient in both AP and Chicago style guidesAP Style WritingTrack ChangesChicago Manual of StyleLine EditingCopywritingCopy EditingBlog WritingBook EditingContent CreationJournalism WritingPress ReleaseFact-CheckingSEO WritingProofreading
- $55 hourlyMany growing brands struggle to explain their products and services on their websites and in blogs. You want to make a killer first impression, but when your marketing copy is confusing, you don't engage with your customers, and you lose out on sales. As a content manager, copywriter, and editor, I help growing brands create clear and effective marketing content to convert leads and increase sales. My services include: ✏️ Content Management ✏️ Copywriting ✏️ Copy editing ✏️ SEO ✏️ Websites ✏️ Emails I work with you to learn about your ideal customer then I create marketing copy that engages and converts. You'll have clear and effective marketing content to build your brand and increase sales. ✨Take the stress out of strengthening your brand's image by partnering with me to make your content impeccable.✨AP Style WritingChicago Manual of StyleError DetectionWritingProofreadingMicrosoft WordCopy EditingGoogle DocsUS English DialectTrack ChangesFormattingEnglishEditing & Proofreading
- $33 hourlyEnglish professor and former writing program director, now a freelance writer, editor, and rhetorical consultant in professional communication. I work with publishing academics in a variety of disciplines: from the humanities and both the social and natural sciences (e.g., engineering, literature, archaeology, art history, and political science, to name a few). I also frequently consult with graduate and professional students as they prepare their dissertations and theses for defense and graduate school submission. I offer a full range of dissertation coaching services, from developmental feedback to final polishing and line editing. As an editor, in recent months, I’ve worked with several new Ph.D.s as they entered the academic job market and crafted curriculum vitae/résumés and application letters matching their own expertise with the needs of the schools advertising open faculty positions.AP Style WritingLine EditingEnglishWriting CritiqueTechnical WritingAcademic EditingAcademic ProofreadingResearch ProposalsAcademic WritingEditing & ProofreadingProofreadingDevelopmental EditingStyle GuideCopy EditingWriting
- $33 hourlyA recent college graduate eager to join the sports writing world as a professional writer. Looking to bring the same level of joy to my writing as sports bring to my life.AP Style WritingUS English DialectSocial Media ContentVideo Game WritingFeature WritingAudio EditingSocial Media ManagementBlog WritingCreative WritingDigital Pattern DesignWritingSports Writing
- $40 hourlyI am a professional writer with extensive wedding planning experience. I can create SEO content for your website and blog, including: - Individual Wedding Features - Advice & FAQ - Product Listings - Descriptions of services, locations, etc I can use your brand's existing voice, or help you find your voice. If you are looking for someone experienced and extremely professional, please reach out!AP Style WritingCreative WritingBlog ContentContent WritingWeddingWebsite ContentCopywritingWritingWordPressProofreadingSEO Writing
- $50 hourlyMy job is to recognize, respect, and amplify your unique voice to make your work shine in the slush pile. I OFFER: ✍️ Developmental Editing ✍️ Line Editing ✍️ Copyediting ✍️ Proofreading ✍️ Beta Reading ✍️ Plot Reviews ✍️ Book Blurbs & Author Bios ✍️ Editorial Assessments & Critiques ✍️ Plot Outline Assistance & Creation ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "Kristian did an amazing job, delivering more than I expected.... For the biggest problem areas, she provided a very detailed solution that could be implemented. I will definitely be back!" WHAT I BRING TO THE TABLE: ✔️ An unmatched knowledge of genre conventions and tropes in science fiction, fantasy, horror, mystery, and romance. ✔️ Detailed editorial assessments and critiques that point out every area where your writing has room to grow — and offer strategies to help you get there. ✔️ Comments that go above and beyond to teach you what you need to know to produce cleaner drafts every time. ✔️ Intimate familiarity with the Chicago Manual of Style, MLA 9, and the AP Stylebook. ✔️ Unparalleled experience professionally blurbing, reviewing, writing, and editing fiction. ✔️ Award nominations and wins for fiction, poetry, and teaching/advising. ✔️ A deep appreciation for the hard work involved on both sides of the slush pile. I find the plot holes, structural issues, sentence-level errors, and punctuation mishaps that distract readers, agents, and acquiring editors from understanding and appreciating your protagonist's journey. YOU SHOULD HIRE ME IF YOU... 🤝 ... just finished your first manuscript and don't know where to go from here. 🤝 ... received a plot outline from a ghostwriter and want to know if it's any good. 🤝 ... aren't sure what genre(s) and subgenre(s) best fit your work. 🤝 ... have a genre-bending project that needs a second pair of eyes. 🤝 ... read a review that made you reconsider writing as a hobby or career. 🤝 ... haven't written in a long time and want an unbiased critique of your work. 🤝 ... need help with macro-level tasks, such as plotting a series, developing strong characters, writing convincing dialogue, etc. 🤝 ... want to develop a style sheet to ensure consistency across multiple writers, editors, and books. 🤝 ... speak English as a second language and want a copy editor to double-check your work. 🤝 ... composed your query letter and need a final review of your manuscript to make sure all the t's are crossed and i's are dotted. 🤝 ... don't know the difference between proofreading and beta reading, but are certain your book needs a doctor TODAY. Editing is a collaborative process, and I look forward to working with you to bring out the best in your fiction. WE WON'T BE A GOOD FIT IF YOU... ❌ ... have a screenplay, poetry chapbook, or work of nonfiction that needs assessment. ❌ ... are looking for someone to write your academic essay or circumvent plagiarism detectors for you. ❌ ... use AI writing and editing tools to create a product. ❌ ... want someone to tell you only what you want to hear. ❌ ... aren't interested in constructive criticism. 📚 Ready to get started? Have more questions? Feel free to reach out! 📬AP Style WritingStory DevelopmentStory EditingBook BlurbFictionScience FictionContent WritingHorrorCopywritingEditing & ProofreadingLine EditingCopy EditingFantasyDevelopmental EditingSEO Writing
- $35 hourlyMy name is Laura Roberts, and I'm a Fortune 500 editor with a little over 20 years of experience editing both formal and informal content from every genre and age group imaginable. For the past three years, I worked as Chief Editor, first for ETG (Elance Talent Group), then for Adobe, and then for Stoke Group. Stoke kept me aboard when Adobe contracted them to begin providing their content solutions. For several departments (including Communications, PR, Data-Driven Marketing, and more), every piece of content Adobe published — from blog posts, webpages, reports, and press releases to research studies, guest pieces, and product or event announcements — passed through me first. RECENTLY EDITED: * University term papers for an Australian PhD student who was my very first client; * A children's book series — "Tiana's Nightly Dreams — Teakettle City's First Cultural Tea Party" — for a client who wrote the lovely books for his daughter, Tiana. The books are available on Amazon, and I am listed as the editor inside the cover; and * Business documents, eBooks, and marketing materials for several clients. EDUCATION: Successfully earning a bachelor's degree in English from Texas A&M University (with a minor in secondary education), I graduated in the top 20 students from my class, on the Dean's List, and just a hair shy of earning honors (.012 of a point shy) — and I absolutely LOVE editing. PREVIOUS POSITIONS I'VE HELD INCLUDE: **MANAGING EDITOR, Innovative Language Services, 3 years — Oversaw the editorial department (including writing schedules, double-checking proofreaders' work, assigning documents, sending out company membership and marketing emails every morning at 5:00 am, and more), edited the English portions of language lessons for almost 20 websites (written by native speakers of almost 20 different languages), edited all HTML on those websites, and wrote many of their marketing materials; **PART-TIME EDITOR for a career-guidance website (about 20 hours/week); **PART-TIME EDITOR of business documents for a consultancy firm; **RESUME WRITER for Resume2Hire (7 months); **CHILDREN'S BOOK EDITOR for "JR Terrier and the Message," which I also formatted and published on both Smashwords and iTunes; **YOUNG ADULT FICTION EDITOR for "A Touch of Jasmine: The White Bus," published on Smashwords; **BOOK EDITOR for "Two Minute Challenge — How to Reach Goals and Finish What You Start"; **BOOK EDITOR for "Don't Bark Up the Wrong Tree! Find Your Love Instinctively!"™; **EDITOR of e-mail correspondence, marketing materials, and social media content for Project Bully-Free Zone. I excel in editing American, British, and Australian English. I encourage clients to ask as many questions as they need to fully understand and feel comfortable with my edits; I love to teach as well as edit. My goal is 100% satisfaction — I have many repeat clients for a reason.AP Style WritingSearch Engine OptimizationChicago Manual of StyleProofreadingData EntryMicrosoft OfficeManagement SkillsHTMLCopy Editing
- $35 hourlyI'm a freelance editor with nineteen years' experience. For several of those years, I was a medical editor. I now run my own editing business (copyediting, proofreading, and manuscript critique services) as well as edit and proofread for publishing houses. My professional memberships include Editorial Freelancers Association, Christian Editor Connection, and The Christian PEN: Proofreaders and Editors Network. In addition to my editing experience, I also have a strong creative writing background, with several poems, short stories, and articles published in literary magazines and periodicals. Fiction writing (primarily contemporary and historical) is my first love, and I regularly attend fiction-writing and editing classes online and at writers' conferences. I've also judged manuscript excerpts in fiction-writing contests and taught at writers conferences. My debut novel released in June 2020, and I have another releasing in 2021. My editing/proofreading projects have included but are not limited to: * Book manuscripts - Fiction novels and novellas (no erotica, horror, or gratuitous sex or violence) - Memoirs - Nonfiction, including self-help and medical-related - Cookbooks - Children's literature - Inspirational (I am a longtime Christian and especially enjoy editing faith-based writings) * Short stories (fiction and autobiographical) * Personal statements for acceptance to graduate school and medical residency * Articles, including medical and other journal articles * University-level assignments written by students who speak English as a second language * Blog posts * Translated documents My other background includes clinical experience in the medical field (primarily Internal Medicine and Pediatrics), post-secondary teaching experience as an instructor in a Medical Assistant program, and knowledge of nutrition, fitness, and various specialty diets (gluten-free, paleo, diabetic, multiple allergen). My English language and editing proficiency is reflected by my Upwork test scores as well as my feedback from clients. I have well over 1000 hours' time on Upwork (fixed-price jobs are not included in Upwork's calculation of hours), take special interest in every document I edit, and consistently provide quality work within deadline.AP Style WritingMedicalProofreadingMicrosoft WordCreative WritingChicago Manual of StyleBlog WritingCopy Editing
- $75 hourlyMy passion is helping my clients prosper. My primary niche is copywriting for business websites and business blogs. I provide high quality website copy and blog articles for a wide range of B2B and B2C industries. I have a reputation for dependability at meeting deadlines and consistent delivery of high quality content. I can provide current SEO keyword usage in my writing if required. My life experience includes: business administration, residential construction and remodeling, spiritual and Christian leadership, parenting, mentoring, working with nonprofits and writing poetry. Marketing, sales, the dental industry, childcare topics, automotive and technical topics are just a sampling of my writing experience. Core values: * Flexible * Fast * Quality * On time * Exceed expectationsAP Style WritingPress Release WritingCreative WritingContent WritingOnline WritingCopywritingSEO WritingBlog Writing
- $75 hourlyI am a former corporate media director, B2C marketing director, ad agency copywriter and editor, brick and mortar business owner, and spelling bee champ offering professional editing, superior content writing, AI editing, marketing, brand strategy and creative collaboration - all with reliable, fast turnaround. Read my reviews. My clients are thrilled with the high quality of my work, reliability, collaboration, and professionalism. Here's one: "Suzanne was an absolute pleasure to work with from start to finish. She wrote a killer sales page!" I write and edit landing pages, websites, case studies (I'll do the client interview too), social posts and admin, emails and email sequences, sales pages, Google Ads, Adroll, banner ads, articles, video scripts, ebooks, press releases, collateral, sales decks, business plans, and AI content that needs improvement. Hire me for marketing and branding strategy plus over 15 years of superb editing, creative, proofreading, and writing skills gained from my fastidious English Professor father and cum Laude Journalism/Advertising degree. I will write, rewrite, or edit anything you like, in the voice you want, to the target audience you want. Top-rated, 100% Job Success, UpWork's Top 5% of Successful Contractors. 1st Place Upwork English Spelling Test (U.S. Version, Top 10% Upwork English Vocabulary Test (U.S. Version), Top 10% Upwork U.S. English Proofreading Skills Test (AP Style). Member of UpWork's ProWriter Talent Cloud and UpWork's Writing Team Builder Group. Past topics include: Digital marketing, education, pharmaceutical launches, SAAS, data compression, online retail, point of sale (POS), plastic surgery, internet TV, mental health, drug and alcohol addiction rehab, eating disorder therapies, recovery, online booking, food storage, kids parties, Caribbean travel, sales training, personal security app, audio equipment, fitness clubs, personal finance, business tax law, online marketing, e-commerce, PPC, SEO, SMM, reputation management, business and personal branding, business startup, security technology, home improvement, packaging, self-help, inspirational life stories, weight loss strategies, cosmetic surgery, agenda management, EFT/visualization, yoga, translation, addiction, building materials, sustainable lumber/flooring, kids' shoes, dog training, dog daycare, boarding, training and behavior, parenting, dental products and practice, diet, nutrition, organic foods, exercise, fitness, gyms, current events, US politics, Europe, travel, expat life, children, school reform, standardized testing, homeschooling, parenting, teaching, schools, health, and alternative medicine. Contact me. You will not be disappointed.AP Style WritingEmail Subject LineEmail CopywritingSloganProofreadingCopy EditingSlang WritingAdvertisingArticle WritingBlog WritingCopywritingContent Writing
- $40 hourlyAs a child, I was named "Best Storyteller" by teachers and peers; as an adult, I'd edit my friends' stories just for fun. Now it's my career, and I love to use my natural and acquired skills to help written communication fulfill its purpose—whether that's to educate or entertain. In 2010, I started freelance writing as a side gig, crafting B2C content and telling true stories. After completing my B.A. in English in 2016, I realized my true calling is proofreading and editing. Since then, I've completed numerous proofreading and copyediting/line editing projects, specializing in the following: *Christian and inspirational nonfiction and fiction *historical nonfiction and fiction *bio pages and blogs *college admissions essays *children's/YA fiction Contact me for a quote for your project, and I'll help make your writing the very best it can be.AP Style WritingChicago Manual of StyleTrack ChangesChristian TheologyBook BlurbNonfictionEssayBiography WritingProofreadingGoogle DocsMicrosoft WordBook EditingLine EditingCopy Editing
- $45 hourlyKat McFarlin is a bestselling ghostwriter of both fiction and non-fiction who has worked on both sides of the publishing desk, and screenwriter with several scripts under consideration. One script has a major attachment, and another is ready for production. She has a project in pre-production. Kat also had a TV pilot that filmed recently. She also works as a producer and executive, running her own production company. As a former senior editor and investigative journalist, Kat has a variety of skills that lend themselves well to all kinds of writing and creative assignments. From conception to cash flow, she is adept at taking an idea and turning it into a commercial property ready to be sold. Kat is also a Connected TV developer who builds channels for clients including supplying video content. She also develops and designs online courses for clients who want to maximize their exposure while building their brands.AP Style WritingSmart TVBlog WritingVideo ProductionBiography WritingUS English DialectFilm ProductionInvestigator Software IMSBook WritingTV BroadcastingMarketing StrategyCopywritingScreenwritingEnglish
- $40 hourlyI am a multimedia journalist and web editor with more than a decade of experience in news writing, web site management and copy editing. I am now looking for flexible career opportunities that will allow me to keep up my digital skills while making a meaningful contribution to an organization.AP Style WritingOnline WritingCopy EditingProofreadingContent WritingBlog WritingCommunicationsArticle WritingJournalism WritingWeb AnalyticsEnglishFact-CheckingArticle Curation
- $70 hourly"I have worked with many editors on Upwork and she is a whole new level of awesome." Take your writing to the next level, whether you need proofreading, a light touch, or heavy editing. Let me edit for flow and errors, polish your content, and maintain your voice. You can trust your text will be flawless and compelling. "Absolutely EXTRAORDINARY!" "She is incredibly gifted and a talented editor. She will transform your writing into a top-class book." "An eye like a HAWK...has the highest level of integrity." US citizen; expert editing using CMOS, AP, APA, and in-house: * Fiction, nonfiction, e-books * Memoirs, novellas * Legal contracts, financial statements * Website content, blogs * Pitch decks, press releases, marketing material * Training manuals, management plans * Medical, health, wellness, and fitness documents * US, Canadian, UK, and AU English * Copyediting and formatting in Word, Google Docs, WordPress I'd love to hear about your project and how we can work together to achieve the highest level of quality.AP Style WritingTrack ChangesBritish English DialectError DetectionContent EditingChicago Manual of StyleBook EditingCopy EditingMicrosoft WordGoogle DocsEbookWhite PaperEnglishProofreading
- $60 hourlyChristina is a dynamic, native-English-speaking communications professional (focused on copywriting, editing and proofreading, and crisis communications) with diverse work experience, including 10 years in the energy industry. She earned her Master of Arts in Mass Communication in August 2009 from the University of Florida and her MBA in August 2012 from the University of St. Thomas (Houston). She possesses incredible attention to detail and thrives on the pressure of a fast-paced work environment. Always enthusiastic about her projects, she cultivates fun and mutually beneficial relationships with her clients. Upwork experience (170+ projects) includes writing, editing, and proofreading: Press Releases | News Releases | Mission Statements | Vision Statements | Corporate Values | Annual Reports | 10-Ks | HR Communications | Financial Communications | Crisis Communications | Corporate Blogs | Employee Communications | Corporate Communications | Energy Communications | Technical Documents | Resumes | Cover Letters | Romance Novels | Other Collateral MaterialAP Style WritingResumeCopywritingEditing & ProofreadingLinkedIn Profile CreationResume WritingCopy EditingContent EditingCommunicationsEnglishWebsite ContentTechnical DocumentationProofreading
- $50 hourlyI am a copy editor and proofreader specializing in nonfiction and academic editing with expertise in education and social science. I aim to stay true to your voice while ensuring your writing builds trust with your readers. My goal is to ensure your writing is clear, consistent, and inclusive so that it does not confuse, frustrate, or alienate your audience. Background and experience My experience includes writing, editing, and contributing to research briefs, website copy, manuals, presentations, promotional materials, newsletters, magazines, and graduate-level academic manuscripts and articles. To build on my editing and writing experience, I obtained a certificate in editing from the University of Washington. I hold a bachelor’s in psychology, criminology, and criminal justice with a minor in Spanish language and cultures from the University of Maryland. I also earned master’s and educational specialist degrees in school psychology from the College of William & Mary. For eight years, I worked in public schools as a school psychologist. Editing and related skills I primarily work with APA, AP, and Chicago styles, and I complete editing in MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Google Docs, Google Slides, and Adobe Acrobat Reader. I am also proficient in using editing and proofreading marks on hard copy. I am fluent in Dutch and English and have limited working proficiency in Spanish and German.AP Style WritingEditing & ProofreadingMicrosoft WordAcademic EditingChicago Manual of StyleGoogle DocsDutch to English TranslationCopy EditingAdobe AcrobatAPA FormattingProofreadingDutchEnglish
- $50 hourlyRocket Scientist Turned Writer. I used to create and manage experiments on the Space Station and the Space Shuttle, and now I create tailored content to help your business. I specialize in health and medical writing. You’ve heard the expression, “It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know that….(fill in the blank)”. I disagree! Sometimes it does. I had a great career at NASA/Lockheed Martin (Johnson Space Center in Houston) where I worked in various technical and management roles in the life sciences/astronaut medical research program. I will bring that experience base to you! I am a published journal author and member of the American Medical Writers Association (AMWA). Two years ago, I took the big leap and started my own company, Inform Scientific. It is something I have secretly always had the desire to do. I credit my beloved former NASA boss, Ms. Fitts, for encouraging me to stop hem-hawing and just do it! My company, Inform Scientific, specializes in medical and technical content writing. I can write your blog, website, newsletter, e-book, white paper, manuals and more in a clear, concise way. I am Top Rated on Upwork, so give me a try. I've written for top medical device companies and leading universities. You'll love the result. I will work hard for you.AP Style WritingNewsletter WritingSEO WritingWritingJournalism WritingMedicalAcademic WritingReport WritingScientific WritingTechnical Writing
- $65 hourlyI’m a dedicated cannabis writer who wants to help you share the power of cannabis with the world! I started working as a freelance writer about seven years ago, and I wrote about a wide variety of topics. After becoming a medical marijuana patient and seeing how much cannabis changed my life, I knew I wanted to shift my focus on cannabis writing and help other people learn about how cannabinoids can change their lives. I specialize in a variety of forms of cannabis content writing, including: • Cannabis blog posts • Cannabis product descriptions • Cannabis landing pages • Cannabis email marketing • Cannabis newsletters • Cannabis social media posts • Cannabis news articles • SEO cannabis writing Some topics I cover include: • Medical marijuana • Recreational cannabis • Various cannabis delivery methods, including smoking, vaping, edibles, tinctures, and more • CBD products • CBN, CBG, and other cannabinoids • Delta-8 • Hemp • Psychedelic treatments • Functional mushrooms • Mental health If you need help with your cannabis writing, I can help you convert readers into educated customers. Send me an invite or message and we can get started!AP Style WritingIndustry KnowledgeOnline WritingWritingTopic ResearchArticleGhostwritingBlog WritingArticle WritingSales WritingProofreadingCreative WritingEnglishContent WritingSEO Writing
- $50 hourlyI am native-English speaking with a Master's in Fine Arts in Creative Writing from Boise State University and a Bachelor's degree in English. I currently work as a freelance copywriter and blog writer. I have written for a number of blogs with niche topics, so I adapt well to whatever topic I am given to write about. While at Boise State University I taught English Composition classes as well as Introductory Poetry classes. My course load included theory from contemporary rhetoric and composition scholars as well as classic and contemporary poetics. The students in my classes were taught to write research papers in MLA style. I have worked as a tutor for college-level students, working with papers written in both APA and MLA style.AP Style WritingContent WritingHeadlineSales Funnel CopywritingSales CopywritingEmail CommunicationWebsite CopywritingBlog WritingAd CopySales WritingCopywritingSEO WritingEmail CopywritingArticle
- $75 hourly"I HIGHLY recommend Dr. McQuillen! She was ethical, hard working, and understood what I wanted and needed." ~ UpWork Client - Doctoral Candidate "Elizabeth is knowledgeable, professional and great to work with!" ~ UpWork Client - Survey Analysis I am an experienced research/data analyst (applied statistician) with a PhD in evaluation and research. My specialty is in translating data results and analyses into clear, concise materials for decision making by management. I have also assisted many doctoral students in the completion of their data analyses and write-ups - ensuring that they have full confidence in their results, and how to explain and defend them. I have worked in social sciences and as an institutional researcher for over twenty years, and teach masters and doctoral classes in quantitative research as an adjunct faculty member at a major research university.AP Style WritingFact-CheckingQualtricsArticle WritingAcademic WritingReport WritingQuantitative AnalysisResearch PapersStatisticsMicrosoft ExcelData AnalysisStatistical AnalysisData Visualization
Want to browse more freelancers?Sign up
How hiring on Upwork works
1. Post a job (it’s free)
Tell us what you need. Provide as many details as possible, but don’t worry about getting it perfect.
2. Talent comes to you
Get qualified proposals within 24 hours, and meet the candidates you’re excited about. Hire as soon as you’re ready.
3. Collaborate easily
Use Upwork to chat or video call, share files, and track project progress right from the app.
4. Payment simplified
Receive invoices and make payments through Upwork. Only pay for work you authorize.