How to hire email copywriters
Email copywriters can write the text that will encourage readers to take a desired action. Whether it’s writing newsletters, advertisements, or sales pitches, an email copywriter can help.
So how do you hire email copywriters? What follows are some tips for finding top email copywriters on Upwork.
How to shortlist email copywriting professionals
As you’re browsing available email copywriting consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the professionals you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Industry fit. You want an email copywriter who understands your industry so they can help you figure out how best to reach your target market.
- Project experience. Screen candidate profiles for specific skills and experience (e.g., writing B2B sales letters).
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular email copywriter.
How to write an effective email copywriting job post
With a clear picture of your ideal email copywriter in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective email copywriting job post should include:
- Scope of work: From email ads to personalized pitches, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries or email marketing tools, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to boost the ROI of your email marketing campaign with professional email copy? Log in and post your email copywriting job on Upwork today.
EMAIL COPYWRITERS FAQ
What is email copywriting?
Emails play a critical role in advertising online. Email copywriting is the practice of writing email copy that converts.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in email copywriting professionals:
- Email copywriting
- Editing and proofreading
- Email marketing software (e.g., Constant Contact, Mailchimp, GetResponse)
Why do you want to hire email copywriters?
The trick to finding top email copywriters is to identify your needs. Are you looking to create sales copy for email ads? Or do you wish to create email templates designed to guide subscribers through each step of your sales funnel? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How much does it cost to hire an email copywriter?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced email copywriter may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their email copywriting services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.