EMAIL SUPPORT SPECIALISTS
What is email support?
Email support is the practice of addressing customer challenges, questions, and concerns via email.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in email support professionals:
- Email support
- Customer service
- Business correspondence
Why do you want to hire email support specialists?
The trick to finding top email support specialists is to identify your needs. Is your goal to find a customer service representative to respond to customer emails in a timely and professional manner? Will they also require an IT background to offer technical support for a software product? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
HOW TO HIRE EMAIL SUPPORT SPECIALISTS
Email support is a necessity in an increasing digital world. It’s the one customer communication channel every business with a web presence is expected to have.
So how do you hire email support specialists? What follows are some tips for finding top email support specialists on Upwork.
How to shortlist email support professionals
As you’re browsing available email support consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the professionals you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Communication. You want an email support specialist who is an effective communicator who can respond to customer issues and inquiries with tact.
- Project experience. Screen candidate profiles for specific skills and experience (e.g., tracking customer issues with Jira).
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular email support specialist.
How to write an effective email support job post
With a clear picture of your ideal email support specialist in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective email support job post should include:
- Scope of work: From responding to customer inquiries to offering technical support, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries or issue-tracking software, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to offer the stellar email support you need to ensure customer satisfaction? Log in and post your email support job on Upwork today.
FAQS FOR HIRING EMAIL SUPPORT SPECIALISTS
How much does it cost to hire an email support specialist?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced email support specialist may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their email support services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.
How long should you contract an email support specialist to complete your project?
As difficult as it is to estimate how long you will need an email support specialist, budgeting time is very important to keeping your project on track.
Be prepared to budget more time for more-demanding email support projects. For example, providing email support for an ecommerce site is typically less involved than providing technical support over email for a software-as-a-service (SaaS) product.
What are the steps involved to hire email support specialists?
Here’s how to hire email support consultants in four simple steps:
- Identify your project needs, whether it’s responding to customer complaints or providing logistical support.
- Define the scope of work and write a detailed job post. Be specific about deliverables (e.g., creating email templates for common customer scenarios).
- Review proposals and shortlist potential email support specialists for unique skills needed to bring your project to life (e.g., managing customer emails with Zendesk).
- Interview email support talent to gauge whether they’re the right fit for your project.