We are looking for a bright young (or not so young) spark to help us undertake research on health and development in Lesotho. You may also be looking at climate and health work. You will have at least a Masters Degree in communications, social sciences, international development, environmental studies or a related field.
The successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
• Postgrad degree in a communications, social sciences, international development or a related field.
• Detail orientated – we need to fact check a document and write up new recommendations.
• A good timekeeper. You will be working with other team members from diverse sectors and timelines are often tight.
• Excellent English language.
• An interest in health, development and the environment.
We envisage this to be up to 40 hours of work to be spread across two weeks. Fee rates are flexible, depending on candidate’s experience.
Some more detail on the skills we need:
• A good understanding of numbers, graphs and statistics.
• Have excellent English language and communication skills – both verbal and written. You will need to communicate with clients, write content and check documents.
• Be able to think visually. This job involves turning text into visuals and infographics. You will have to create wireframes for reports and visuals that will then be passed to the designer to create.
• Have an eye for detail.
• Be able to set and meet deadlines.
You will be working with an exciting, dynamic team of designers, web developers, researchers and project managers to turn clients’ content into visually stimulating products.
We are looking for someone that can start on a freelance basis, but are hoping to develop an ongoing collaboration with the right person/people.
To apply, submit a detailed CV, covering letter, and names and contact details of three references.
A bit about what we do.
Lushomo helps organisations share their research, information and results in innovative and effective ways. Our team draws on a depth of technical and research experience in health, environment and development, as well as expertise in information design, layout and illustration. We are Cape Town based, but our work is undertaken by a diverse team working in several countries. Most of our clients are United Nations organisations working in the environment, health and development fields. For more info check our website: www.lushomo.net