What is a business development analyst?
A business development analyst will exhibit the research, financial, organizational, and writing skills necessary to evaluate your business concept and chart a course for success. An expert in business development offers practical business knowledge as well as an outsider’s perspective, enabling them to identify challenges and opportunities that can lead to improvements in your business.
How do you hire a business development analyst?
You can source business development analyst talent on Upwork by following these three steps:
- Write a project description. You’ll want to determine your scope of work and the skills and requirements you are looking for in a business development analyst.
- Post it on Upwork. Once you’ve written a project description, post it to Upwork. Simply follow the prompts to help you input the information you collected to scope out your project.
- Shortlist and interview business development analysts. Once the proposals start coming in, create a shortlist of the professionals you want to interview.
Of these three steps, your project description is where you will determine your scope of work and the specific type of business development analyst you need to complete your project.
How much does it cost to hire a business development analyst?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced business development analyst may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their business development analyst services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project. Have a brilliant business idea in mind? But not sure how much money will it take to bring your idea to life? Upwork's Free Startup Cost Calculator can help you estimate the cost required to set up a Startup business
How do you write a business development analyst job post?
Your job post is your chance to describe your project scope, budget, and talent needs. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
Job post title
Create a simple title that describes exactly what you’re looking for. The idea is to target the keywords that your ideal candidate is likely to type into a job search bar to find your project. Here are some sample business development analyst job post titles:
- Business development analyst sought to help define our business objectives
- Business plan needs review by a seasoned business analyst
- Looking for an experienced business analyst to help me determine pricing and product mix
An effective business development analyst job post should include:
- Scope of work: From business plan writing to financial analysis, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, business sizes, or audience types, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
- Business development analyst job responsibilities
Here are some examples of business development analyst job responsibilities:
- Review and edit my business plan to ensure it’s ready to be shared
- Develop our company’s product and pricing mix so it’s right for our industry
- Make sure price points ensure adequate profit margin for required growth
Business development analyst job requirements and qualifications
Be sure to include any requirements and qualifications you’re looking for in a business development analyst. Here are some examples:
- MBA from accredited university required
- Track record of consulting with Fortune 500 companies
- Ability to review and refine business plans and marketing campaigns