We're looking to hire a staff member who is capable of building out a website using Wordpress.
Preferable location: Philippines
Your first job will be a full build out for a client website.
We will have content ready for you to use, as well as an outline of how we would like the site to be structured.
We will provide instructions for everything we would like to have done with the website. Including:
- A full Standard Operating Procedure PDF guide for website buildouts.
- A Google Doc Spreadsheet to help track your progress through the buildout.
- An example of what the website should look like when finished.
- An example of what the content should look like when finished.
- Instructions on what content to preserve from the client's old website.
- Instructions for SEO meta data.
You will be responsible for building out the homepage and approximately 20 internal pages.
This first job will ultimately be a barometer of your skills & will help in determining if you are a good fit for our team moving forward.
We're offering a long-term, full-time position. Pay is negotiable (please give your hourly rate).
Ultimately, if accepted to work full-time, your duties will include:
- Wordpress website buildouts (as discussed above)
- E-mail outreach to other website owners with the intention of ideally landing a link back to our client's website (we will have a Standard Operating Procedure PDF prepared for this process)
- Website tweaks (we have a portfolio of client sites we manage. Every once and a while, we need to add pages to certain websites, tweak wording, tweak on-page SEO, tweak pictures, etc).
- Communicating with me throughout the month on new job tasks
- Other potential jobs throughout the month
In your application, please tell us why you would be a good fit for each of the above duties. Mention, in great detail, each of the web development skills you possess. We're also interested in seeing examples of previous Wordpress Websites you've built.
Please also use the word DOLPHIN in your application.
Other questions for you to answer in your application:
1) Can you modify & customize existing Wordpress Themes with your knowledge of PHP, CSS, HTML, etc? We often have clients who send examples of websites they like. Would you be able to incorporate elements of those example websites into a given pre-existing Wordpress Theme to satisfy the client?
2) What experience do you have with SEO? Are you familiar with SEO Titles & Descriptions? Are you familiar with keyword density? Are you familiar with the Yoast SEO Wordpress plugin?
3) Are you familiar with designing & formatting pages on Wordpress using text, pictures, and other design elements?
4) Are you familiar with interlinking on a page to other pages on the same website?
5) For the e-mail outreach portion of your responsibilities: have you ever worked in an e-mail outreach position? Are you comfortable communicating with other website owners via e-mail? How would you be able to adapt a given e-mail template (or templates) to pursue link opportunities on other websites?
6) Are you familiar with FTP?
7) Are you familiar with CPanel?
8) Are you familiar with Google Docs?
9) Are you familiar with Dropbox?
10) Tell us precisely why you are good fit for this position?
11) What time would you be available in a given workday?
We're looking for someone who's a self starter & who displays an abundance of intuition. We will provide instructions/outlines for the work we'd like for you to do, but we're counting on you to fill in the blanks and produce outstanding work.
This job will ultimately be used as a barometer for keeping you on with a long-term arrangement. If you regularly go above-and-beyond, produce exceptional work, and do so relying mostly on your natural talent & intuition - we'd love to continue working with you on future projects.