How to hire ServiceNow specialists
Spreadsheets, emails, and ad hoc scripting can carry a company only so far. ServiceNow provides a single cloud solution for managing and automating all your business workflows and IT operations.
So how do you hire ServiceNow specialists? What follows are some tips for finding top ServiceNow specialists on Upwork.
How to shortlist ServiceNow professionals
As you’re browsing available ServiceNow consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the professionals you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Technology fit. You want a ServiceNow specialist who understands the technologies powering your business.
- Project experience. Screen candidate profiles for specific skills and experience (e.g., automating the onboarding of new employees with an intuitive information portal).
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular ServiceNow specialist.
How to write an effective ServiceNow job post
With a clear picture of your ideal ServiceNow specialist in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a freelancer to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective ServiceNow job post should include:
- Scope of work: From ITBM (IT business management) solutions to API integrations, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, software, or ServiceNow products, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to streamline and automate your IT workflows and business operations? Log in and post your ServiceNow job on Upwork today.
SERVICENOW SPECIALISTS FAQ
What is ServiceNow?
ServiceNow is a platform as a service (PaaS) for managing business and IT workflows in the cloud. A ServiceNow professional can help you with everything from traditional IT service management (ITSM) to HR service delivery (HRSD) to customer service management (CSM).
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in ServiceNow consultants:
- System administration
- Desired ServiceNow solution (e.g., IT, HR, CSM)
- ITSM and ITIL (information technology infrastructure library)
- Software development (especially API integrations)
Why hire ServiceNow specialists?
The trick to finding top ServiceNow specialists is to identify your needs. Are you looking for someone to perform routine system administration tasks? Or do you need help with something specific, such as integrating ServiceNow ITSM with your Ruby-powered app? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How much does it cost to hire a ServiceNow specialist?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced ServiceNow specialist may command higher fees but also work faster, have more specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A freelancer who is still in the process of building a client base may price their ServiceNow expertise more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.