Here is what you need to know about the job itself:
1. I have 1 clear MP3 audio files for a total of 58 minutes audio into American English spelling that I need you to listen to, and transcribe a Word document (.doc or .docx files).
2. You must be able to read, listen, write, understand and type the transcriptions into Word documents. Also, please delete the following words from the transcription, which I tend to overuse too much: "yeah" "umm" "ahh" "so" "just" "then" "well" and "like". You must lookup any words or phrases you do not understand.
Example of repeat words in audio: "And so eventually once we finish it or something, I’m going to edit the headline."
Transcript should read: "Eventually, once we finish it, I’m going to edit the headline."
The topic is email marketing. The first voice you hear is Gerri. On the first audio, the second voice is Jay Hunter. On the second audio, the second voice is Jasmine Powers.
3. I do not want any semicolons in the transcription. Please use commas or short sentences when appropriate. Do not use "informal" words in the transcript... "coz" should be written "because", "wanna" should be "want to", "gonna" should be "going to."
4. I want the text broken up into small paragraphs of no more than 3-4 sentences each. Please only split a paragraph where it makes sense to break it up.
5. You need to put the Title of the "article" on the first line of the Word document, capitalising the first letter of each word.
6. You need to name the finished Word files the same name as the original MP3 file, but with a .doc (or .docx) extension instead of an .mp3 extension. For example if the audio file is "01-FirstAudioHere.mp3" then the file should be named "01-FirstAudioHere.doc".
Here is what you need to know about applying for this job:
A. This is a flat rate job. I will not pay more than the price listed above, but feel free to bid cheaper than the price listed.
B. You must have at least 10 hours of experience here on odesk.com, Elance or Upwork with at least 3 feedbacks from different people.
C. You must put the words "Trouble at t'mill" in your response to this job posting. If those words are not the first thing in your response you will not be considered for this job.
D. The transcription is from one clear mp3 audio. I need this transcription completed in total by 31st Aug at 12:00 PM Eastern time. If you cannot complete this assignment by then, please do not apply.
E. You will need to send me a daily email telling me what you have accomplished that day and how close you are to completing the project.
F. At the end of your reply put the words "One of flay rods gone out of skew on t'treadle" so I can be sure you read and understand this description.
G. American English spelling throughout, please - spellcheck and grammar - please set your spell-checker to US English and check the final documents. So that's words that end in -ize particularly, rather than -ise, color rather than colour.
H. Any inaudible parts - please mark as 'inaudible' and the time from the start of that audio.